• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Xenon said:
Damn! over 110 people already lined up at the burbank, IL Bestbuy =( freakin nerds!
How did you verify this? What time was this verified. I planned on waiting in this line, but wasn't going to get there for another 4-5 hours. With over 110 people and only 138 Platinum packs, I might as well just go home and go to bed.

VALIS

Mifune said:
This thing is much bigger than even I expected, and I've been down with the tree sitty for a while.

That's the truth. I thought it would be a success and they'd sell out of every shipment for a few months, but I didn't expect long lines to be forming all over the country up to 24 hours beforehand. That's pretty nuts. And exciting. Even though I have one coming via FedEx, I almost wanna stand in line for a bit just to feel the buzz.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mifune said:
This thing is much bigger than even I expected, and I've been down with the tree sitty for a while.

Those pics of the line and the reports were definitely not expected by me. There are alot of hardcores out there.

shpankey

not an idiot
probably half of the GAF posters post with an agenda in mind. you can always tell the ones; they are always negative towards a system or that systems games and or features or the company behind the system.

and despite that these posters always seems to hate whatever system it is, they are always in all its threads, posting away, telling us all why it sucks so much. you'd think if they hated a system and all its games so much, they wouldn't care enough about it to be posting away... spending half their life (and all their GAF time) in threads about it arguing and name calling and trying to portray all the people who do like it as something negative.

I mean, I'm no fan of Nintendo or its products, but you don't see me in those threads... I simply don't care enough about them to waste my time trying to convince others to my viewpoint. But when RE4 came out and blew me away, I spent some time in those threads talking about how much I loved it.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be critical, but that if you are spending almost all of your time being negative about the Gamecube, the PS2 or the Xbox... you're just a... [worst thing you can think of here].

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
shpankey said:
probably half of the GAF posters post with an agenda in mind. you can always tell the ones; they are always negative towards a system or that systems games and or features or the company behind the system.
only half... you're being too kind :lol

ATJaguarX

Banned
VALIS said:
That's the truth. I thought it would be a success and they'd sell out of every shipment for a few months, but I didn't expect long lines to be forming all over the country up to 24 hours beforehand. That's pretty nuts. And exciting. Even though I have one coming via FedEx, I almost wanna stand in line for a bit just to feel the buzz.
I don't know if I would feel the "buzz" or feel like a big nerd...

:lol

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
shpankey said:

and despite that these posters always seems to hate whatever system it is, they are always in all its threads, posting away, telling us all why it sucks so much. you'd think if they hated a system and all its games so much, they wouldn't care enough about it to be posting away... spending half their life (and all their GAF time) in threads about it arguing and name calling and trying to portray all the people who do like it as something negative.

I mean, I'm no fan of Nintendo or its products, but you don't see me in those threads... I simply don't care enough about them to waste my time trying to convince others to my viewpoint. But when RE4 came out and blew me away, I spent some time in those threads talking about how much I loved it.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be critical, but that if you are spending almost all of your time being negative about the Gamecube, the PS2 or the Xbox... you're just a... [worst thing you can think of here].
dude who cares..let people comment on what they want.. as long as you are happy that is all that matters

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

penguinsdancing.gif

VALIS

ATJaguarX said:
I don't know if I would feel the "buzz" or feel like a big nerd...

:lol

Both, I think. But, hey, good for these line sitting nerdlings. I'm sure their pictures are being posted all over the internet right now followed by comments like, "I bet they haven't seen pussy since the pussy first saw them lololol!" As if putting down nerds on a messageboard isn't pretty damn dorky and insecure itself.

JMPovoa

shpankey said:

That's why i stick mostly to Xbox/Xbox360 topics... :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Well to be fair I've only been to one store. I haven't checked out the local area to see if it’s just as hectic but I doubt it. Take in mind that this Best Buy will be receiving the most units out of all in South Florida by as much as four times the amount most Best Buys in the area will be receiving. Its natural there would be a line this big since this store produces the largest chance of scoring one.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Well just scoped at my walmart by my job and they have about 10 people lined up already and get ready for the kicker there initial shipment was 5 premiums and 10 cores.

bitwise

Banned
SSGMUN10000 said:
Well just scoped at my walmart by my job and they have about 10 people lined up already and get ready for the kicker there initial shipment was 5 premiums and 10 cores.

thats unusual cause its usually the other way around, i.e., more premiums than cores.

shpankey

not an idiot
just called another local Wal-Mart and they said they are not allowing people to form a line... but at 10pm they will start their line, for a midnight sale - a mere 2 hours after the line forms, in the Layaway Dept.. They only have 22 systems (premium).

I can only imagine the chaos that is going to ensue. I think I will go and take pictures of this event for GAF... it's gonna be wild! :lol

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
bitwise said:
thats unusual cause its usually the other way around, i.e., more premiums than cores.

There's a store my friend just tried here...they have all cores! How awful. Even the casuals don't want cores. What a stupid thing that part of the plan is.

I was hoping to score a 360 at Meijer tonight, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. I've called around to all the local stores, and they've had people waiting in line since this morning. Most of the stores are only getting 4 or 5 Premiums and Cores in, so there's not a lot to go around.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
To add some fuel to the fire, my friend (who's planning to wait in line at a Best Buy which is opening tomorrow morning) told me that his store is getting their second shipment in tonight.

Completely uncomfirmed, but interesting nontheless.

Alright, I just checked the Best Buy in Alpharetta, GA at North Point Mall (one of the 12 opening at midnight) and there are *at least* 100 people waiting in line in a steady, cold rain.

If it wasn't raining I would probably wait. But, I just don't think its worth it considering that after tonight I'll be like number 10 on the list at my EB.

Sullichin

Xenon said:
Just talked to my local sears, they are getting a total of 6 360s. The guy couldn't tell how many of them were core. Thats gonna be one short or very pissed off line.

Where do you live? My sears is only getting 6, too.

snacknuts

we all knew her
heavy liquid said:
I was hoping to score a 360 at Meijer tonight, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. I've called around to all the local stores, and they've had people waiting in line since this morning. Most of the stores are only getting 4 or 5 Premiums and Cores in, so there's not a lot to go around.

heavy, I stopped by my Meijer earlier and was surprised to see that there was not a soul waiting in line. Turns out they are just having people put their names in a drawing. You have to be there at midnight and if they draw your name, you get to buy one. I have no idea how many they have. I put my name in, and will probably do so once more when I go back. :D

ATJaguarX

Banned
shpankey said:
I believe what he's doing is against eBay policy. Anyhow, I reported it.
Just wondering... how is it against eBay policy? He is clearly stating that he's selling an empty box and has legitimate reasons listed as why you might want an empty box.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
If they're that stupid to not read what they're purchasing (which is stated rather blatently SEVERAL times) then they deserve to get fleeced like that. Fuck reporting.

Well too late anyways, its gone now.

if you guys are smart, hit up k-mart, target, circuit city and compusa, probably the best chance you have - we only have 1 guy at our circuit city so far while best buy has over 30 people waiting

bitwise

Banned
Panic_Attack said:
if you guys are smart, hit up k-mart, target, circuit city and compusa, probably the best chance you have - we only have 1 guy at our circuit city so far while best buy has over 30 people waiting

yeah but then you have to wait till tomorrow. BB is doing midnight launches

right?

TheDuce22

Banned
As far as i can tell if your not in line right now you arent getting one tonight, i checked 2 wallmarts and called the others. Hopefully i can get one tommorow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom