• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen any 360 lines at store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panic_Attack said:
if you guys are smart, hit up k-mart, target, circuit city and compusa, probably the best chance you have - we only have 1 guy at our circuit city so far while best buy has over 30 people waiting

ummm no. they are all getting like 10 systems max. where do you think the campers who were too late are gonna camp at

Only one Best Buy in Chicago and surrounding areas will be opening at midnight, and it's the Ford City one.

Everyone else seems to be 8am tomorrow.

Brodequin

TekunoRobby said:
To add some fuel to the fire, my friend (who's planning to wait in line at a Best Buy which is opening tomorrow morning) told me that his store is getting their second shipment in tonight.

Completely uncomfirmed, but interesting nontheless.

Anyone back this up, certainly interesting if true. I thought that there might be new shipment relatively soon like around December 1 but definitely not this early.

jedimike

PhatSaqs said:
More from Bellevue:

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

Crikey... didn't their momma's teach them to put on a coat when it's cold outside?

Shompola

Banned
ATJaguarX said:
Just wondering... how is it against eBay policy? He is clearly stating that he's selling an empty box and has legitimate reasons listed as why you might want an empty box.

It is called an act of deceit and is illegal.

if you cant fuckin read what your dropping 400 dollars on, you dont deserve your money. a fool and their money are soon parted....not saying its right, but do they even bother to look at what they are buying

Shompola

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
if you cant fuckin read what your dropping 400 dollars on, you dont deserve your money. a fool and their money are soon parted....not saying its right, but do they even bother to look at what they are buying

Doesnt matter if you can read, or read properly. But if your intentions are deceiving, then the person who cant "read" has the law on its side, wich is a good thing. Besides that, did you check the title of the auction? Xbox 360 - complete box and other things in it, very deceiving, or outright lying. And who the fuck are you to decide who deserves what and not?

ATJaguarX

Banned
Shompola said:
It is called an act of deceit and is illegal.
Who is being deceived?

Merriam-Webster said:
DECEIVE implies imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness
He is blatantly informing everyone that he is selling the box ONLY.

My buddy just reported in from the Hawthorne CA BB, and they have about 150+ people in line as of around 2pm. His wife who's also in line with him sounded pissed. The worst bit is, soon I have to go and relieve one of them so we can get 2 X360s for ourselves.

OH WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I ENTER THE ZERO HOUR THINGY!!!! IT WAS ONLY ABOUT 45 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME!!!! PALMDALE IS NOT MOHAVE DESERT MS WTF!!!!!!!!!

Shompola

Banned
ATJaguarX said:
Who is being deceived?

He is blatantly informing everyone that he is selling the box ONLY.

Obviously the person who reads the auction. Did you read the auction title? Did you read it how the item description had Xbox 360 bolded while box wasnt? That is deceiving. And last but not least, why is there a picture of the xbox 360 and not the box on the auction? huh?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ahhh who cares, justice was done. The douchebag got reported and the idiot was saved from making a horrible mistake.

In any case it’s starting to get dark here so I might make another round of shots to see how bad the line has gotten since I'm heading out to eat anyways.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Shogmaster said:
OH WHY OH WHY DIDN'T I ENTER THE ZERO HOUR THINGY!!!! IT WAS ONLY ABOUT 45 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME!!!! PALMDALE IS NOT MOHAVE DESERT MS WTF!!!!!!!!!
My buddy won tickets and flew out this morning from Chicago. He offered me the other ticket, but I passed. Didn't feel like flying out.

Yeah... WTF is up with MS saying its in the Mojave Desert?

Shompola

Banned
truffleshuffle83 said:
damn settle down. its ebay....aka scammers playground.

yes you play with fire when you decide to bid on ebay and other online auctions. but that doesnt mean that you deserve to get scammed if you arent careful enough.

TheDuce22

Banned
One other thing, seeing the types of people in these lines makes me ashamed to be a gamer. Ive never seen so many fat, dirty slobs in my life (outside of something associated with Star Wars). Im not talking about the pics people posted btw, go to any random super walmart and youll see what i mean.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ATJaguarX said:
Yeah... WTF is up with MS saying its in the Mojave Desert?
Because it's cool. Peter Moore wouldn't have it any other way.

h-103_45905_1120_ZEROH_011.jpg.jpg

ATJaguarX

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Ahhh who cares, justice was done. The douchebag got reported and the idiot was saved from making a horrible mistake.
I disagree. I remember when this was happening during the ps2 and xbox launch and those auctions were very deceiving. But he put up a whole story on how this was the BOX ONLY and why you might want ONLY THE BOX! If I recall, there were a few dozen people bidding on it... not just one idiot.

Shompola said:
But if your intentions are deceiving, then the person who cant "read"
If the idiot can't read, he shouldn't be on eBay. Are you telling me that there are people that are making eBay purchases by picture alone? I'm not even that dumb to believe that.

Shompola said:
Xbox 360 - complete box and other things in it, very deceiving, or outright lying
Outright lying? COMPLETE BOX AND OTHER THINGS IN IT. What is he selling? The complete BOX and everything in it. Once again, read the details of the auction... that's why it's there.

I believe this guy had every right to sell his "box" and it's empty contents on eBay. I was really pissed off during the first phase of these scams during the Xbox and PS2 launch, but this is far from it. He is coming out and giving a detailed description of what he is selling, what comes with it, why you might want it and why he is getting rid of it.

When you sell your car in the newspaper, do you put on it "burns oil and has a slow leak in it's tire?"... no... you tell them that when they come to look at it. This is what he did... he put up a enticing (possibly deceiving) title to draw people's attention and then told them the cold hard facts when you got into the auction. Was the title of the auction and/or picture deceiving? Sure... I'll give you that. Was the auction deceiving? No way.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I like how the ebay scammer even second guessed himself by asking "I don't know why you would need a box..." :lol

Oh well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Holy crap! Just drove by a gamestop! IT'S SO FREAKING WET AND COLD OUTSIDE and its still mobbed! And the funny part is I spoke with them before and they only have like 2 extra consoles!

Damn - my walmart already had their 4 premiums spoken for at freaking noon. The other 2 walmarts had their 6 premiums spoken for by 3pm :(

I really underestimated this launch. I called the local Kmart and they aren't getting ANY units in and they dont know when they will.

My last chance is a local Target who opens at 8am but they won't tell me how many they got!! Is there a chance that Target only got core packs cause I would be pissed if waited overnight and they dont even have any premiums!

mj1108

Just went by a couple of places here in Merced, CA.... 4 people in line at Best Buy with no lines at Target & WalMart.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Wow, this is quite ridiculous. I liked my chances of scoring one but now.... :(

:( I wonder whats going on with Fifty,FMT,DM and Mr.Bob :(

lachesis

I guess I will have to check out the line tonight, before I commit tomorrow's early wake-up at Target. I am not staying overnight to get one.

lachesis

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
And this is why it's easier to order one and have it shipped. I'm too old to be standing in line in the cold for a console these days. I'd rather pay the shipping and have it delivered to my front door. I will join in the fun once my gear shows up. Enjoy folks.

lachesis said:
I guess I will have to check out the line tonight, before I commit tomorrow's early wake-up at Target. I am not staying overnight to get one.

lachesis

Do you have any idea how many your target got? Mine won't tell me. I have a sneaking suspicion they may not have any premiums...hope I'm wrong.

Juice

Shompola said:
Obviously the person who reads the auction. Did you read the auction title? Did you read it how the item description had Xbox 360 bolded while box wasnt? That is deceiving. And last but not least, why is there a picture of the xbox 360 and not the box on the auction? huh?

You do know that somebody did this 5 years ago with an original Xbox box, and got off with more than $300 for it?

He wasn't arrested, and neither will this guy.

It is not fraud if he's completely honest with what he's selling. Sorry.

SuperPac

PanopticBlue said:
Do you have any idea how many your target got? Mine won't tell me. I have a sneaking suspicion they may not have any premiums...hope I'm wrong.

Mine won't say either. Are they not saying because they have a ton or because they don't have jack? Doesn't anyone work at Target on this (or any other) board? :D

_Angelus_

Banned
PanopticBlue said:
Damn - my walmart already had their 4 premiums spoken for at freaking noon. The other 2 walmarts had their 6 premiums spoken for by 3pm :(

I really underestimated this launch. I called the local Kmart and they aren't getting ANY units in and they dont know when they will.

My last chance is a local Target who opens at 8am but they won't tell me how many they got!! Is there a chance that Target only got core packs cause I would be pissed if waited overnight and they dont even have any premiums!

I spoke with a Target employee this morning. Surprisingly theyre getting more than the WalMart is in our area(Cenral California.) Where WalMart is going to sell us 5 cores and 5 premiums-Target will be selling 30 units,10 cores and 20 premiums.

Hope that helps out abit.

bitwise

Banned
Juice said:
You do know that somebody did this 5 years ago with an original Xbox box, and got off with more than $300 for it?

He wasn't arrested, and neither will this guy.

It is not fraud if he's completely honest with what he's selling. Sorry.

ebay disagreed since they removed the auction. they must have thought it was fraud.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I went to Best Buy this evening. There wasn't a single person waiting in line (I didn't see any line at all) and they are having a midnight launch that they've been promoting for weeks.

Me and White Man rolled by the Bellevue Best Buy and feigned horror at the mouth-breathers. Okay, I feigned horror, but White Man actually SPAT on a dude in disgust. There woulda been trouble, but the dude was in the middle of a Pokemon battle with the guy to the left of him, so we got away without a tussle.

I felt so hardcore that I bought a copy of Straight Outta Compton -and- Taito Legends, the latter of which I think I'm gonna regret.

White Man

Drinky Crow said:
Me and White Man rolled by the Bellevue Best Buy and feigned horror at the mouth-breathers. Okay, I feigned horror, but White Man actually SPAT on a dude in disgust. There woulda been trouble, but the dude was in the middle of a Pokemon battle with the guy to the left of him, so we got away without a tussle.

I felt so hardcore that I bought a copy of Straight Outta Compton -and- Taito Legends, the latter of which I think I'm gonna regret.

And no lie, Reggie was first in line, and he was wearing a t-shirt that said "3rd Party 2006." I couldn't help but bust out my Charles Barkley impression.

lachesis

PanopticBlue said:

I called.. but they wouldn't tell me either. :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
This is not surprising in the least. I expect "long lines" at the 360 Japanese launch too. It's a new major game console launch supplied in limited quantity of course there will be lines. I must say that I will be surprised if PDZ ends up being the biggest seller in the long run. I expect many a returns on that one.

Ramirez

I think people scrutinizing people for waiting are a lil overboard,I mean it's one time,one could argue that wasting time on a videogame message board everyday for years is just as crazy :p

Angelus said:
I spoke with a Target employee this morning. Surprisingly theyre getting more than the WalMart is in our area(Cenral California.) Where WalMart is going to sell us 5 cores and 5 premiums-Target will be selling 30 units,10 cores and 20 premiums.

Hope that helps out abit.

Hmm I might yet have a chance then, thx for the info. If anybody else has any Target info, please post it.

Mr Jared

Though my 360 has been shipped, my heart yearns to be with my fellow nerds.

Days like today are glorious. Thousands of nerds flock together for their love of a singular, plastic, electronic device. Bounded by the need to one of the few, the proud, the early adopters, they shall become brothers in arms.

On days like today, those that fail shall go home to their Futurama box sets and collectable figurines, crushed and defeated until the second shipment arrives. Those who succeed shall live on in internet infamy, one boisterous post at a time.

Yes. . Men are made on days like today.

i am screwed dudes! apparently the hawthorne bestbuy (where i was going to go) has 200+ people in line already. there were people already in line LAST night @ 6 pm! damn you bums with no school/jobs!

there is still hope that my buddy can come through for me tomorrow morning. hopefully i can get one, but we'll see :(

Raiden

Banned
Sl1p said:
Though my 360 has been shipped, my heart yearns to be with my fellow nerds.

Days like today are glorious. Thousands of nerds flock together for their love of a singular, plastic, electronic device. Bounded by the need to one of the few, the proud, the early adopters, they shall become brothers in arms.

On days like today, those that fail shall go home to their Futurama box sets and collectable figurines, crushed and defeated until the second shipment arrives. Those who succeed shall live on in internet infamy, one boisterous post at a time.

Yes. . Men are made on days like today.

Wow, you really make me feel like a nerd now.

1up.com visits -1

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom