• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Anybody thinking of switching from PC to console?

What will be your primary system going forward?

• Sticking to console

Votes: 75 33.0%
  • Switching from PC to console

Votes: 21 9.3%
  • Switching from console to PC

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Sticking to PC

Votes: 102 44.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

Codiox

Aug 11, 2013
Germany
Hell no. I switched from console to pc last year for the first time in 15 years and what a game changer it is.

With Playnite I got my own couch front end, I can control my pc completely with my Xbox one controller. I will ALWAYS have 60fps locked, no matter what game there is coming.

Games are a fucking bargain. On PC you will never pay 70€ again for a day 1 game. Ever.

It was also never a better time to make the switch to PC IMO:

- MS and Sony exclusives aremore and MORE coming to PC. This NEVER happend before.

- Games are becoming more and more crossplay, so I can play even MP stuff with my controller. Also my friends can still be on consoles and we can play together. Latest example is the borderlands 3 fuckery that Sony did.

- The hardware you are getting on pc never lasted longer than now because of dimishing returns.

- You never have to buy a cheap made remaster that just adds higher resolution. Just play the game on PC, even with mods if you want.

-EMULATION! ever tried F-Zero GX or BOTW in 4k? This alone is so worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mentat02

jigglet

May 18, 2020
I've switched to PC gaming + Switch.

What would bring me back? Easy: console exclusives I want that I can't get on PC. E.g. release a Viewtiful Joe remaster and I will buy an XB / PS in a heartbeat. I've always liked what Sony / MS are doing but I just need the content.

Last edited:

yoyo67

Oct 23, 2018
I decided to go with the LG CX 55 inch Oled screen, atmos sound system with the xbox series x, and 5 years of gamepass > high end pc. No regrets. Hopefully I can get my hands on a PS5 soon. All about what experience you're looking for.