• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone Can Quantum - a short film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved that too. I'll totally claim the not ageing line, but the "GMT, what is that, like LOL?" Was all Rudd.

Were you there on the set? I thought it was interesting that Rudd was known more as Ant-Man than anything else, especially since his delivery in this was a million times better than anything in that movie.

Iceman

Were you there on the set? I thought it was interesting that Rudd was known more as Ant-Man than anything else, especially since his delivery in this was a million times better than anything in that movie.

No, I was not on set for Rudd. I knew he was going to add some jokes but I had no idea what they would be. I didn't know until a couple days before the debut what he had come up with (plus whatever they improved on set). I'm looking forward to finally finding out what happened on set tonight. I'll share what I can.

Vagabundo

Just watched the video with my wife and she told me to tell you it was "mind-tinglingly hilarious".

Amazing project - and I guessed the "not ageing" line was yours.. ha.

nitewulf

Pretty enjoyable, congrats! I still remember when we started those creative writing challenges. I did get a short story published last year but I haven't been able to write anything for a long while. Good luck.

Iceman

Pretty enjoyable, congrats! I still remember when we started those creative writing challenges. I did get a short story published last year but I haven't been able to write anything for a long while. Good luck.

Thanks, man. Keep writing! I get the itch to participate in every new challenge, but I'm have this pressure to write more and more fully developed scripts at a faster and faster pace (to reach a Pro level of production) I just can't squeeze out the time. Those little projects were so fun though. I'll manage to get at least one in this year I hope.

Which piece did you get published?

Just watched the video with my wife and she told me to tell you it was "mind-tinglingly hilarious".

Amazing project - and I guessed the "not ageing" line was yours.. ha.

That's great! I'm going to remember that one.

nitewulf

It was a piece called Tired Night, I had to heavily edit it for submission, the limit is 750 words, but it was on Akashic's "Mondays are Murder" series. I have to get back into the groove somehow.

Iceman

It was a piece called Tired Night, I had to heavily edit it for submission, the limit is 750 words, but it was on Akashic's "Mondays are Murder" series. I have to get back into the groove somehow.

Just read it. I dig the vibe, the easy pace of it, like you're pretty comfortable in that world. Feels just just a small excerpt of the much longer story. Thinking of fully realizing it?

Caboose

Remember to thank GAF at your Academy Awards acceptance speech in a few years breh
tocry.png

Iceman

Remember to thank GAF at your Academy Awards acceptance speech in a few years breh
tocry.png

I'll try to work in GAF in my next project (if anything ever pans out!). Any suggestions? Keanu, or Hawking, saying, "believe."?

A little behind the scenes tidbit. Alex Winter (Bill S. Preston Esq.) did not want to get in front of the camera, but during one of the takes - with the camera still rolling - Paul just kind of looked over to Alex and asked, "what's a line from Bill and Ted that would work well right now?" The obvious answer was Shut up, Ted. And, I guess, when Spiros and Paul heard Alex say that, they coaxed him into doing the cameo. Totally unscripted and on the spot.

To me the experience was like writing sheet music for a modest concert, and then getting U2, Metallica, Radiohead, and Yoyo Ma on stage performing and everyone delivering ridiculous impromptu solos.

By the way, a Kickstarter for the Quantum Chess game is going up today. I'll update with the link later. I've offered to help out by serving as a script doctor for a limited amount of funders as one of their tiers.

Iceman

The kickstarter is up: PledgeQuantumChess.com

One of the coolest benefits to backing (imo) is that you'll be able to download the working pre-alpha build that was used to film the video/battle between Paul Rudd and Stephen Hawking.

My script doctoring service is not up yet as a reward tier but am told it will be up in the next (or a future) update.

And BONUS: I actually got a tag! Many thanks GAF overseers/the anonymous mod. It took me nearly 20 years but i've finally been earned my stripes. And all it took was getting Stephen Hawking to call Paul Rudd a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom