• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else bummed out because of the Rev specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Banned
I know it should be nothing, but it makes me sad that a system that is truly different from the others wont be having the power to truly compete with the others in terms of next gen visuals even in 480p.

I mean I refuse to believe Mark Reign stepped back from his stance when this is really all there is to the revolution.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Mods, pls lock this thread. k? thx.

papercut

We're all bummed by the specs, but most of us can also think on the bright side: Cheap system that's still fun. At least, those of us who can admit it--I can't speak for those people who claim that graphics don't matter.

1102498505883.jpg

No. It was pretty obvious from all the signs, from before the system annoucement to now, that Ninty was going to focus on the interface.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
1) why didn't you believe Nintendo instead of forum bullshitters when they said they didn't want to compete graphically with the other systems? Nintendo fanboys are like...the most gullible and oft dissapointed group in the gaming world.

2) do you enjoy the DS? It ain't because of the killer tech.

Mrbob

Monk said:
I know it should be nothing, but it makes me sad that a system that is truly different from the others wont be having the power to truly compete with the others in terms of next gen visuals even in 480p.

I mean I refuse to believe Mark Reign stepped back from his stance when this is really all there is to the revolution.

Mark Reign never stepped back on his stance.

Monk

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
1102498505883.jpg

No. It was pretty obvious from all the signs that Ninty was going to focus on the interface.

Yeah we were expecting underpowered compared to the competition but we are talking in the league of 5-10x less powerful.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the only one bummed out here are Nbots, Nintendo downplaying graphics since the begining was a clear sign that they weren't gonna go the MS and Sony route.

AssMan

Banned
Jesus Christ. How many REV. threads have there been in the past few hours? This has to be a new record.

Monk

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
1) why didn't you believe Nintendo instead of forum bullshitters when they said they didn't want to compete graphically with the other systems?

Nintendo said that the graphics will be comparable, I thought by that they meant on a 480p resolution, so i had low expectation. But I didnt expect this low.

Truth is this is really on the GameCube ...

Nintendo matched Sony/MS power wise there.

Contrary to what people say now, they did get some big time third party exclusives like getting Resident Evil, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles etc.

It just didn't work out, and that was probably when Nintendo decided to go in a different direction.

Really actually the road to Revolution probably starts when Nintendo chooses to use cartridges with N64. Everything since then has been downhill for Nintendo console-wise, the end of the GameCube is probably just the end of a traditional Nintendo console.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
soundwave05 said:
Truth is this is really on the GameCube ...

Nintendo matched Sony/MS power wise there.

Contrary to what people say now, they did get some big time third party exclusives like getting Resident Evil, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles etc.

It just didn't work out, and that was probably when Nintendo decided to go in a different direction.
Mods. Pls ban this poster the next time he repeats this arguement. We GET IT ALREADY.

VALIS

Personally, I'm happy. It's the best of all worlds for non-fanboys.

X360 = Best of Western games, great online services and media/networking functions.
PS3 = Best of Japanese games, BluRay, possibly more.
Rev = Nintendo/niche/quirk/gimmick/old school games.

People interested in video games will find a reason to own all three.

Gahiggidy said:
Mods. Pls ban this poster the next time he repeats this arguement. We GET IT ALREADY.

Where else did I say that?

If you're pissed off though go ahead and blow off some steam if you have to. :lol

pj

Banned
Cheer up. Just think how funny it will be when, during an interview with iwata, some game journalist will show Gears of war and Metroid prime 3 on a SD TV and ask him if he can't see any difference

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Gahiggidy said:
:lol :lol

you are taking this shit way to seriously calm the fuck down.

Monk

Banned
pj325is said:
Cheer up. Just think how funny it will be when, during an interview with iwata, some game journalist will show Gears of war and Metroid prime 3 on a SD TV and ask him if he can't see any difference

:lol :) :D

D-X

We've all accepted Console/PC/Handheld gaming can coexist so why not another 'pillar' which I hesitantly/inaccurately name 'Budget'

Johnas

I would prefer that it was more powerful, but honestly I'm fine with it. This news really does tell a lot, but we still haven't seen any games. I have never been really disappointed with the major Nintendo franchises (Metroid, Zelda, Mario) and as long as they're still good, I'm good.

Definitely still looking forward to seeing how those franchises look.

SKOPE

Musashi Wins! said:
2) do you enjoy the DS? It ain't because of the killer tech.
I don't care about graphics anymore--technically, at least; art direction is still important to me. If Nintendo and third parties make some unique, fun Revolution games similar to what makes me wish the DS's little screens didn't hurt my eyes, I will be more than content.

Gahiggidy

Ancestor said:
I would prefer that it was more powerful, but honestly I'm fine with it. This news really does tell a lot, but we still haven't seen any games. I have never been really disappointed with the major Nintendo franchises (Metroid, Zelda, Mario) and as long as they're still good, I'm good.

Definitely still looking forward to seeing how those franchises look.
BUY A GAMECUBE.

ParkPace

Is anybody bummed enough to go to the Rocky VI thread and actually get CHEERED UP by the promo pics? There's the danger level. Have we reached that yet?

Johnas

Gahiggidy said:
BUY A GAMECUBE.

:lol Simmer down. I'm not talking simply graphically, but what other kinds of things will be new/different, especially regarding the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom