• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else having problems with Bitcomet stopping @ 99.8%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggy Loop

Been happening since a few weeks now, started with naruto 143 but now its done it to eureka7 ep 4 & 5, the weird thing is i know its not firewall since a dozen other torrents get to 100% no problem, its not seeds either since stats show there's plenty of seeds, i mean, i downloaded naruto 143 in prime hours when it was released, that thing usually go to 100% in under 20 mins, but it stopped @ 99.8 and for over 6 hours, i had to download aone's version to watch the episode (shitty one btw)

So, happening to anyone else? I did manual hash checking but it ends up @ 99.8% anyway, says there's 256kb left >_<

I've got version 0.57, the site says there's 0.59 avail but when i go to the download page its 0.57...

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I saw it explained once somewhere.. Something to do with a package that keeps re-downloading or something. I had it a few times but usually the not-complete file would function perfect without the 0.2%.

Diablos

I just had this problem.

Close your client for a couple hours and try again. It worked for the remaining 64kb that would not download last night. :|

Buggy Loop

Hmmm, seems im not alone, after some searching i stumbled on this

http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15208

A torrent is stuck at 99.9% and still downloading (rubbish data), why won't it finish?

This doesn't always happen at 99.9%, it happens when it has all but the last piece. Piece sizes can vary from 32KB to 2MB, so depending on the total size of the torrent it may be on much less than 99.9% when it's time to download the last piece.

This problem is usually caused by some NAT Routers corrupting the data and affects most, if not all, BitTorrent clients. Make sure you're using the latest firmware (check your manufacturer's website for official firmware and installation instructions). People who get this problem usually get it on nearly every torrent.

If you leave the torrent running long enough it'll probably finish, but it could take a long time and use a lot of download quota. But if you're not willing to wait or want a more permanent solution, stop your torrent and try the following...

Possible Solution #1 (UNTESTED, but very easy):

Click Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection and change "Maximum Connections per task" & "Connections to keep per task" to 1, then resume the torrent.

Why I think this could work... To keep the speed up right to the end of the torrent, once requests for all the required pieces are pending, BitTorrent requests them all from everyone that it's downloading from. It then sends cancel requests to everyone else each time one of the pieces arrives. So by lowering the connected peers to 1 it may stop the piece coming in from several peers at the same time and getting mangled by the router and/or BitTorrent/BitComet.

If you try this please PM me and let me know if it worked or not.

Possible Solution #2:

Select the torrent task in BitComet then click the Files section (bottom left in the main window). If it contains any of the following file types, right click them and select Priority > Disabled:
desktop.ini
thumbs.db

Next right click the torrent task and select Manual Hash Check - this will check the data for errors. Then resume your download and hopefully it will finish.

This may fix it because these files are hidden system files that are specific to each system, so if somebody mistakenly included them in the torrent there will be a constant file overwriting battle between BitComet and windows.

Possible Solution #3:

Make sure the following is disabled in your router:
DMZ Mode (where all packets are forwarded a single machine by default)
Game Mode (very few routers support this function, so you probably won't be able to find this option)

If DMZ was configured and has now been disabled, you'll need to set up static port forwarding (instructions here).

Possible Solution #4:

Disable/bypass your routers NAT and connect directly to the internet - so you can download the last piece of data without your NAT messing it up. Consult your routers user guide on how to do this.
-----

Still hasn't fixed it? It may be time to buy a new router.

solution # 2 & 3 are non issues. I just updated my router firmware and starting the download from scratch, if it stops @ 99.8% again, i'll try solution 1 and if that doesnt work, i'll plug modem directly into PC like #4 says.

*crosses fingers*

btw, eureka 7 ROCKS

Deku

Banned
What's the advantage of Bitcoment over rival forms of torrent programs?

I use Bittornado and never had problems with this.

Buggy Loop

Seems to happen to any torrent clients from what i've read, its a problem on the user's side, not client.

Advantages of bitcomet? uhm, well all downloads are in the same interface, its fast, easy to use and you can get a lot of details out of the torrent you're downloading. Dunno, i've tried pretty much ALL of them, the original, azureus, shadow's, bittornado, ABC, etc etc, i always come back to bitcomet.

In all my fw months of using BitComet, never had this problem. I'm using 0.59, btw. BTW, The reason to use BitComet, IMO, over BitTornado, etc. is because it's a lot lighter on resources. All the Java based clients totally sap a machine.

Buggy Loop

rawr, even after updating firmware, cleaning up thumb files (i read somewhere it could be the cause), doing solution #1, still stuck @ 99.8%

=_=

where did you get 0.59 btw? Cnet gives me 0.57 :(

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I heard that files that stop at 99.8 are fake files put up by the MPAA and other companies trying to thwart piracy. If true, then your IP has been logged. In your face, pirate!

Buggy Loop

i click the download link on bitcomet's official page for 0.59, after clicking this
dl-bt.gif

and it gives me 0.57 :\

Oh and im so afraid of the MPAA, especially since im downloading animes and i live in canada anyway :p

Buggy Loop

upgraded to 0.59, still the same

I've done everything now..

-upgraded router firmware
-made sure DMZ was disabled on router
-Both firewall & virtual server have bitcomet port range enabled (but it should be an issue if it works for other files..)
-deleted all torrent files not complete and started download from scratch
-cleared all thumb files in the partition i downloaded, disabled thumb maker
-upgraded to 0.59
-plugged cable directly from modem to PC (so its not a problem with my router)
-made sure winXP didnt have firewall on
-disabled NAV

it just doesnt make sense, wtf is going on.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
That'd be awesome if what he was torrenting were movies. In your face, douchebag!

Well, whatever company releases or plans on releasing Naruto to the US could be behind it.

Buggy-
1.Are there any seeds?
2.Do your other downloads complete?

Buggy Loop

Yes, Eureka 7 episode 4 has 4/12 (seed/peer) and episode 5 has 5/17.

Last night, from episode 1 to 9, i left my PC on so it could download it, i come back this morning, ALL downloaded except 4 & 5 stuck @ 99.8%

So really, i dont know what to do anymore

empanada

Try deleting the torrent from the queue, not the files. Redownload the torrent and put save it to the same target directory. Bitcomet should recalculate the hash going from 0% to whatever and redownload the missing parts.

Buggy Loop

Well too late, deleted all files before seeing your post and restarted the download in a different directory, lets see what happens.

Buggy Loop

Just got naruto 146 to 100% <.<

Weirdest problem i've ever encountered in all those years i own a PC, router & winxp problems are excluded since i can get other files download, client is also working properly and i dont think it would be the tracker since i downloaded from 1 to 9 (excluding 4-5) episodes this morning from that exact same tracker.

Buggy Loop

Downloading file to another directory didnt work. Deleting queue and redownloading it as empanada said didnt work either ;_;

Currently trying to download it on another client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom