• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone help me with what .chd files are?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
CHD files are large pieces of compressed data -- for example, hard drive or CD-ROM images -- that MAME uses for certain games. Once you have one, create a directory off wherever your other MAME ROMs are stored, name it after the game it's for, and copy it there.

Usually having a CHD is not enough, and you will have to get a separate .zip for the ROMs that run the CHD.

LakeEarth

fenekku-gitsune said:
CHD files are large pieces of compressed data -- for example, hard drive or CD-ROM images -- that MAME uses for certain games. Once you have one, create a directory off wherever your other MAME ROMs are stored, name it after the game it's for, and copy it there.

Usually having a CHD is not enough, and you will have to get a separate .zip for the ROMs that run the CHD.

That's the answer I was looking for. I knew it ran in mame, but when I ran it I got tons of error messages, so I didn't know what they were.

Top Bottom