• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here from ResetEra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
I kind of lurk on both, but I was just curious if people would migrate back to NeoGAF while ResetEra is down for their update.

brap

Banned
Not anymore. I got a nice perm.
41d29bd72e98e24a7c8a7c086cbfc472.jpg

McCheese

be careful, us lot have prior infractions and like to downplay important social issues. Some of us might even still be in... junior phase.

Avoid eye contact if I were you.

Last edited:

MurfHey

I have been browsing GAF for years, and recently started to scroll tho era. But this new GAF 2.0 has me chillin with GAF more and more.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on both under the same username but post on here more due to the variety of viewpoints. Even when NewGAF was OldGAF I rarely posted due to the speed at which conversations and threads moved. Hopefully GAF eventually gets about 20% to 30% more activity and then it would be ideal.

I never went. And I never thought anything positive of the movement that started here, it’s leaders, and their cult following. Bunch of whiny bitches imo...

With peace and love of course.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I do not hate myself, nor do I wish to deal with children who openly wish for death because they are right-leaning or white.

fantomena

Yes, well Im on both.

I miss the Avengers 4 specualtion thread and the PC gaming thread there.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
No for me. Used to visit there for game news/general news because of the speed new threads are posted, but that gradually faded away over the last year.

Never had an account. I can barely keep myself unbanned here.

It's bad RE is in maintenance, I need to talk about the feelings I feel thanks to Yakuza Kiwami. I think it's for the better, I will finish the game by the time the forum is open again.

fatty

I frequent both places, lot of good folks at both sites but I like the culture here more.

I will say that the mods here are top notch and visiting other places makes me appreciate the mods we currently have here. They stay behind the scenes and keep things going smoothly and allow good discourse as long as it doesn’t get it out of hand, but when things do get heated they give fair warnings and are slow to pull the trigger unless absolutely necessary.

Good job GAF admin/mods/techs!

quickwhips

I looked at site when it launched and I like gaf interface way better. Not sure if it changed as personality wise I couldn’t deal after an hour of viewing.

Guiberu

I frequent both places, lot of good folks at both sites but I like the culture here more.

I will say that the mods here are top notch and visiting other places makes me appreciate the mods we currently have here. They stay behind the scenes and keep things going smoothly and allow good discourse as long as it doesn’t get it out of hand, but when things do get heated they give fair warnings and are slow to pull the trigger unless absolutely necessary.

Good job GAF admin/mods/techs!

Here here.

I'd say to those that may be stopping in from over there, please do feel free to chime in. Debate. Discuss. Exchange opinion.

That's the whole point of this, right?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I visit both everyday, but I'm not a very active poster in either (or any) forum.

Reset has a more active community, so gaming news spread more often and that is fun to read. On the unfortunate side, the moderation team is both biased and protective of a selected group of members, letting them running rampant all over that place, dogpiling and flaming at will with few to no repercussions, while other posters are banned for the smallest of things. It used to be like that at old gaf as well, so you can imagine where those people came from.

The best thing about new gaf is that the moderation is much better now. There's actual room for discussion here, and it's no longer an echo chamber. However, the migration did slow down the number of posts over here, but it seems things are also getting better over time. I think as more and more people realize how much healthier neogaf became, they're more likely to come back and stay.

Last edited:
I just started going there almost a month ago, it's a good forum but I don't spend much time there, mostly lurk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I think one thing that will separate gaf from era a lot going forward is the Gaf classic theme. Both the new GAF and new Era themes are, in my opinion, extremely miss guided and poor representations of both sites. Gaf re-instituting the classic theme is a saving grace and will be a major draw.

BizzyBum

It's honestly so petty and childish how divided the two communities have become.

I prefer the old days when everyone was in one place but whatever, that will never happen again.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Both sites are good.

GAF
- Less activity, but I find the discussion better
- Moderated, but not to death. Don't have to post thinking you're on pins and needles
- Good mix of gaming and non-gaming threads. People have opinions, but highly emotional fucktardary is rare

Resetera
- Tons of threads and posts, which is good for variety, but hard to follow. So many posts get lost in the shuffle
- Stupidly moderated. It's like a gun is always aimed at your head and an opinion not liked by a mod or reported by another user leads to insta-ban
- Good mix of gaming and non-gaming threads. People have opinions, and the amount of extreme views, cussing, and insults is off the charts especially in non-gaming threads

GAF is like going to a sports event and sitting close to the action. Much more quiet and a good view of the field. You don't see a security guard in sight. Resetera is like sitting in balcony seating. Also provides a good view, but people can be drunk as fuck. Stadium guards all over the place watching these sections like a hawk.

Last edited:
I'm on Resetera a lot more because thats where most of the community threads i like went. I come check out here once in a while. It's definitely not the same as it was. I've been a member since 2005 or so too. Shame.

Biff

Real talk N NeoGAF EviLore EviLore -- How do we get user activity back up to pre-RE levels? Is there a hope in hell of this ever happening again? Are activity trends still seeing positive inflection?

The most valuable part of GAF was the insanely high user activity that turned this site into the best real-time breaking news aggregator I had ever seen. I learned about some of the most important stories of the past decade within MINUTES of it happening - well before CNN would break the news. Now RE has the users and the excellent user activity, but the alt-left moderation makes the site an unusable echo chamber.

Look on the first page of RE off-topic. Half of the threads show the latest post "a moment ago" (i.e. <1 min). Now look at GAF. It's still like a graveyard.

I don't have the answers. I know some will say "I like the slower pace these days!" but that's not true for the vast majority of people. Activity > content >> activity >>> content >>>> etc.. Maybe there needs to be some kind of mass sign-up drive. Or some kind of incentive system to get people to post more/create more threads. Hopefully smart people than me have better ideas.

YayNJ

Banned
I do miss some of the gaming chat, it has been watered down a little since the split.

Last edited:
Real talk N NeoGAF EviLore EviLore -- How do we get user activity back up to pre-RE levels? Is there a hope in hell of this ever happening again? Are activity trends still seeing positive inflection?

The most valuable part of GAF was the insanely high user activity that turned this site into the best real-time breaking news aggregator I had ever seen. I learned about some of the most important stories of the past decade within MINUTES of it happening - well before CNN would break the news. Now RE has the users and the excellent user activity, but the alt-left moderation makes the site an unusable echo chamber.

Look on the first page of RE off-topic. Half of the threads show the latest post "a moment ago" (i.e. <1 min). Now look at GAF. It's still like a graveyard.

I don't have the answers. I know some will say "I like the slower pace these days!" but that's not true for the vast majority of people. Activity > content >> activity >>> content >>>> etc.. Maybe there needs to be some kind of mass sign-up drive. Or some kind of incentive system to get people to post more/create more threads. Hopefully smart people than me have better ideas.
The answer is good people stay and contribute. I know you didn’t ask me, but that’s the answer.

You can do so if you’d like and I’m sure everyone here would appreciate your contributions.

Activity is lower than 12 months ago because people who used to be here and contributed, even if they came back, don’t contribute at the levels necessary to provide you with the activity level you desire.

Hate to sound like a feed the children charity commercial, but you can make a difference :messenger_peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom