• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone still using their Original Nintendo DS?

Still got the PokéPark 3DS I bought while living in Japan. Never went for the Lite, always found the Phat size more comfortable in my hands. The old thing has seen better days though. I never used a screen protector, so the lower screen is a little scratched from spinning that bonus disc in Ouendan, but I never even noticed it when the power was on, only when looking closely at it with the power off. Sadly though, the upper screen developed a few black lines which have made a lot of games, in particular GBA games, just unplayable. I suppose I should try and get it repaired, but I'm not sure Nintendo Australia would even do repairs on a model never released locally.

NewGame

Banned
I sold my DSs (had everything but the XL) and now just play everything on my 3DS XL.

I do miss the phat though. It's gray curvy body gave me many a cramp during Metroid Hunters and Mario Kart DS but I can't stay mad at it.

Jazzem

Got tons of use out of mine pre-Lite, but man the screen quality is rough...it was hard to use after I got the GB Micro :p Thank goodness for the Lite and beyond.

Was so excited for this thing when it came out, Club Nintendo in Europe had a deal where you could get it a month early at the standard price + some stars. Was an awesome deal, though it meant only having Mario 64 DS and demos of Wario and Metroid to play for a while :p

I have every 3/DS type bar DS Lite and DSi. My original phatty is still used for Daigasso! Band Brothers and its expansion that goes in the GBA socket.

It's not my original phatty - I sold that years ago - but my friend Steve gave me a boxed mint, Japanese phatty. Thanks Steve! You're the best!

Top Bottom