• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma sheds more light on Majora Mask 3D. (Fishing in 2 places, New 3DS tease, etc)

Rich!

I think that could be awesome...but I'm not sure how it would work.

Would you have to weaken him enough to end up forcing him to start hiding underwater? And then get on the platform and then use the fishing rod? If so, surely he would send Zora Link flying? Maybe you have to be Goron link - but then, how would that be implied to the player?

And then, if gyrorg is stupid enough to be like "lol, this bait looks nice" during a battle with the hero of time then why the fuck is he in charge of a temple

I know it is probably asking too much but it would be excellent if you could continue playing on the
new day
after you beat the game. It could be fun to explore the world without the limit and have conversations with all of the NPCs about the aftermath. Of course you could also play as
Fierce Dirty Link
anywhere as well.

Golnei

And then, if gyrorg is stupid enough to be like "lol, this bait looks nice" during a battle with the hero of time then why the fuck is he in charge of a temple

It's tradition.

twilight_princess_fishing_rod_trick_by_iakop-d5nf3mz.jpg

Though it'd be hilarious if you had to use a Link-shaped lure to fish him out. Or the Elegy of Emptiness statue.

Of course you could also play as
Fierce Dirty Link
anywhere as well.

lewd

TheMoon

“We didn’t make the game easier,” said Aonuma. “There aren’t any extra hints thrown at you when you’re not sure what to do, but there are all kinds of other mechanisms in the system that I think you’ll notice.”

He added, “While I can’t say much about it… one thing— a boss fight has been changed. Upon trying a boss fight on the original version for the first time in a while after playing the remake, it’s like, ‘how do I beat this guy again?’ it’s that type of content.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/1...boss-fights-adds-fishing/#ARy7PYc4IqeiSoJq.99

Am I blind or is nobody talking about this? Especially since I've seen people shitting bricks about handholding ruining the game or something!

Rich!

Am I blind or is nobody talking about this? Especially since I've seen people shitting bricks about handholding ruining the game or something!

I don't think anyone is shitting bricks about handholding.

The issue is the save system potentially being changed.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hmm,

as I read this thread I'm reminded as to why I never really got into, or enjoyed, MM in the first place.

I still plan on buying it though.

More NPCs is all I need. Hell, they not even need to add that, just more stories and missions with the already stablished characters.

SirNinja

I don't think anyone is shitting bricks about handholding.

The issue is the save system potentially being changed.
It is being changed in some way, as Link no longer saves when going back to day 1. The owl statues are probably for hard saves this time around, and that might just be a change for the better. Owl saves in the original could essentially be turned into hard saves anyway (by copying them to the other save slot), so I don't see a problem with it at all if that's really what's happening here.

M3d10n

My understanding is that the GPU is actually pretty capable in the 3DS but the CPU is so weak that almost all games are CPU bound. Adding a significantly faster CPU could speed up the framerate in many games.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 3DS did end up with a GPU more powerful than Nintendo intended due to the 3D support. I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo was surprised at Capcom's efforts since they didn't expect the hardware to be able to do stuff like SSFIV3D and RE:R. We also have MH3 running at 60fps in 2D and 45fps in 3D and the N64 Zelda remakes, even with their upgraded graphics, aren't as visually complex as that.

Since OoT got ported from the original N64 source, it's very likely that it's source code wasn't very friendly to the 3DS CPU. Maybe Grezzo took advantage of the extra time they had working on MM to re-write more of the code so it works better on the 3DS CPU.

Also, so far the information we have on the N3DS CPU is that it has 4 cores versus the 3DS two cores, but they run at the same frequency. There's no mention of GPU upgrades beyond extra 4MBs of VRAM. If that's true, games would need to be specifically coded with multithreaded support to run faster on the N3DS (Smash Bros. and MH4 boot faster on the N3DS simply because they are using 50% more RAM on the old 3DS by rebooting it into a different mode that disables multitasking, which is not necessary on the N3DS).

BY2K

Membero Americo
“We didn’t make the game easier,”

Thank God.

“So we’ve added fishing ponds. Two of them, too. There might be something monstrous you could fish out, so please look forward to it.

Optional Boss Fight, maybe?

He added, “While I can’t say much about it… one thing— a boss fight has been changed. Upon trying a boss fight on the original version for the first time in a while after playing the remake, it’s like, ‘how do I beat this guy again?’ it’s that type of content.”

I'm having the feeling it won't by Gyorg that's been changed, but either Goth or Twinmold.

This talk of changes make me feel so uncomfortable, which is silly. I always have MM 64 if this doesn't end up being what I want.

*Deep Breath*

Bagu

Twinmold has been redone to be more like a Shadow of the Colossus boss when not using the Giant's Mask.

Caelus

Twinmold has been redone to be more like a Shadow of the Colossus boss when not using the Giant's Mask.

Ooh I hope they were also inspired by the various boss fights in Skyward Sword, those were reminiscent of SotC as well.

SirNinja

As cool as that sounds, I doubt that fight will receive a huge overhaul. The Twinmold fight is the only place where
the Giant's Mask
can be used - it needs its time to shine.

zeldarocks

Neo Member
In the most recent Famitsu interview, Anouma touched on how to streamline a portable Majora's Mask, saying that "it would be easier to play than the original version, especially since you could put it in sleep mode.”

In my eyes, that nixes the possibility of saving anywhere, as you could just use the sleep mode function to suspend your game; thus lending credence to the Owl Statues being used to perma-save.

BTW, does anybody know when the next Famitsu comes out with the full interview?

TheMoon

I actually kinda love Odolwa for the sheer gameplay variety. It's a great example of a boss that rewards all sorts of different tactics rather than just having a single weak point to go after.

What I remember about Odolwa is just running and evading then slashing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed"

This sounds like tutorial text. Please don't.

Muzy72

Banned
After ALBW I think it's clear Aonuma has learned his lesson regarding tutorials. So I wouldn't be too worried yet.

TheMoon

"Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed"

This sounds like tutorial text. Please don't.

->

“We didn’t make the game easier,” said Aonuma. “There aren’t any extra hints thrown at you when you’re not sure what to do, but there are all kinds of other mechanisms in the system that I think you’ll notice.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/14...Yc4IqeiSoJq.99

Top Bottom