• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Rudy Giuliani the favorite for Secretary of State

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

It's not even funny how clear it is that Trump has no idea what these jobs actually entail or who is qualified to fill them, so they're all people he knows and/or who sucked up to him. He has no other friends, and he figures that his friends need to be rewarded or are the best people. He obviously never really thought about filling these seats before the election, and now he's just looking around the room going, "Gosh... uh.... shit, Rudy? Newt? Steve? You guys can do something, right?"

That, or they're random establishment people that guys like Pence and Priebus recommend to him, and he just rubber stamps them because thinking about it too much is hard.

Meshes pretty well with the theory that he didn't plan on actually winning and was pretty blindsided when it actually happened.

RDreamer

He probably doesn't have many options: large swaths of the Republican national security/foreign policy establishment denounced Trump during the election. I can't imagine they have any interest in serving him now.

They probably also all know this shit is going out in flames and if they want a chance to work with any future Republicans they probably shouldn't stain their resumes with this.

It's not even funny how clear it is that Trump has no idea what these jobs actually entail or who is qualified to fill them, so they're all people he knows and/or who sucked up to him. He has no other friends, and he figures that his friends need to be rewarded or are the best people. He obviously never really thought about filling these seats before the election, and now he's just looking around the room going, "Gosh... uh.... shit, Rudy? Newt? Steve? You guys can do something, right?"

That, or they're random establishment people that guys like Pence and Priebus recommend to him, and he just rubber stamps them because thinking about it too much is hard.
There's gonna be some real mental gymnastics over the next couple months from people trying to convince themselves that Trump has "surrounded himself with the best people."

I mean it really is like the early 00's just came back and none of us were told.

I get that he has no friends in the RNC and that this is basically the people that were already selected for him to ensure he has to do the least amount of work possible.

But still, the BEST you could find is this?

Is this real life?
giphy.gif

You just aren't seeing that his outreach to Priebus is the equivalent of Obama reaching out to Clinton in the wake of his election. This is how committed he is to forming a coalition government, that he's even willing to hold out his hand to the establishment shill who rigged the primaries against him so wantonly!

Nah, J/K. We have a President who's literally filling his cabinet by grade school kickball rules. Fuck my life.

Kusagari

It keeps him away from Attorney General and he's better than Bolton.

It's still a horrifying choice, but mitigates some of the damage Trump's cabinet could do.

I mean this is a man who "got the mob out of NY" by committing dozens of civil liberties violations and "cleaned up the streets" by basically making it illegal to be homeless.

At least he's not dealing with domestic issues?

I'm trying to find bright spots here.

As a native New Yorker, fuck Giuliani. Then again he did take the Italian mob head on. Flatbush kid about to do it big now thanks to Trump.

geomon

Let's all sit back and imagine Rudy Guiliani negotiating with Muslim countries or African countries. Go ahead, think about that...

kevin1025

Banned
Let's all sit back and imagine Rudy Guiliani negotiating with Muslim countries or African countries. Go ahead, think about that...

I'm picturing a lot of eye-bugging-out and shouting and talking out the side of the mouth.

And on the other side a lot of shocked and devastated expressions.

Darkgran

Why are we surprised at his Cabinet picks?

We knew exactly what we where getting.

This is why it was SO important the Hillary won.

By they way..I wonder where Palin will end up..also Hannity..

fester

Banned

Proto-fascists like Trump reward loyalty, not competence for the job at hand. The history of tyrants is littered with examples of this. Want to see a comically bad government? Allow Trump to continue down this path.

sphagnum

Banned
I still want to know what Newt "Leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces" Gingrich ends up doing. Feels like he would've made more sense as SoS.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I am pretty sure it's the former. The picture of utter disbelief on election night, the shell shocked look on his face after he met Obama...... The back peddling and double talk. He never thought he would get elected..... He's a clown..... But dammit those red necks loved his racist shtick and he we all are.

Kimawolf

Yeah we're all happy now until he appoints that nutty old black Sheriff, or even worse, Sheriff Joe Apairo (sp)? He obviously has no issue appointing random people lol.

Kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much worse. Prepare to enter:

tumblr_nsapfkphnh1r868elo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom