• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2, and Twisted Metal: Black rated for PS4 in Europe

Please be emulation via disc...

Why would the game need to be rated by any certification board if you were using the discs that already exist?
..and ith trophy support already rumoured for some and confirmed for others?

Instead of drive by crazy requests, maybe read the information that's available. You'll be less disappointed when its officially announced and might enjoy what's made available.

Bishop89

ape escape 2
46680043_omg_reaction_gif.gif

Tuffty

I would leap at the opportunity to play Dark Chronicle again. A real gem of a game that I only have fond memories for. Depends on how well that would hold up at this time though!

I wouldn't mind playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Valkyrie Profile 2, Shadow Heart games and Rogue Galaxy. Haven't finished the first and never played the last three. Please put up Crash and Spyro as well. And there's a load of PS1 games I'd like to play again.

I've never owned a PS3 so PS1/PS2 emulation coming to PS4 would be pretty great for me.

Alo0oy

Banned
From what I remember, the one thing most emulators need to work well is a strong CPU (and more specifically strong single-threaded performance), which is the one thing that the PS4 doesn't necessarily have.

I was emulating PS2 games five years ago on my cheap core 2 duo laptop.

Making way for the best Ape Escape game, #3?!

Excellent!

And a Twisted Metal game on my PS4. May be the only one we'll ever get, so I'll take it (even though the European version is the horribly-gutted-with-no-cutscenes one).

Alo0oy

Banned
Which is still significantly more powerful per core than what you find on a PS4 with Jaguar. You'd need an exceptionally well threaded emulator to make up for the Jaguar's crap IPC.

I don't know how a 1.6 core 2 duo on a cheap laptop from five years ago is "significantly more powerful", am I missing something?

DryvBy

Something like this is def. coming to US PSN.

I really hope so. I'm hoping with the amount of Yakuza craze going on, I can finally play Yakuza 1 & 2 using this system. Wouldn't mind streaming, screenshots, and trophies for those games.

Why would the game need to be rated by any certification board if you were using the discs that already exist?
..and ith trophy support already rumoured for some and confirmed for others?

Instead of drive by crazy requests, maybe read the information that's available. You'll be less disappointed when its officially announced and might enjoy what's made available.

Because maybe the PS2 Classics version will be made available too? I doubt disc based emulation will happen but still...

Vanguard

I still need to play Dark Cloud 2, so would love it if this becomes something. Would also like Dark Cloud 1 to arrive though as I really want to play that game again as I absolutely loved it and was one of my first PS2 games, which was stolen :< (Even if it was just on PS3 psn)

Would not say no to Ape Escape 2, didn't play any of the sequels.

There's got to be some kind of announcement regarding Classics coming to the PS4 or BC or whatever coming soon, whether it's at the conference tomorrow or PGW next month. I'm excited!

Kudo

I hope they bring Dark Cloud 2, never played it on PS2 so that's a missed classic for me.
And if these come true it means we might get sequels.. I need Ape Escape 4.

I can honestly say that I'd be the happiest person here if Dark Cloud 2 comes to PS4 in any way, shape, or form. Same thing with a Dark Cloud 3 announcement (still wondering why Level-5 missed E3 when they said they'd be there).

Ravage

Happy that we're finally getting Dark Cloud 2 and Ape Escape 2. But what really excites me is the sign of Classics coming to PS4 and the possibility of a DC3 announcement (let me dream).

I can honestly say that I'd be the happiest person here if Dark Cloud 2 comes to PS4 in any way, shape, or form. Same thing with a Dark Cloud 3 announcement (still wondering why Level-5 missed E3 when they said they'd be there).

I would fight you over that, but its rare to see Dark cloud fans XD Honestly, i think they skipped e3 last minute after hearing FF7 and Shenmue would be there.

(I still hope for wonderflick ps4)

Tizoc

As someone who already has TM Black, I better not need to buy that thing again :p
Being able to play my PS2 library on the PS4 is gonna be pure Banderas.GIF

Gradon

This is amazing news, I literately screamed when I saw Ape Escape 2 and PS4 in the same sentence. Hopefully they have trophies, hopefully its rendered in HD, hopefully it means they'll release more.

jRPG

Seriously hoping it's not a case of PS4 being entered erroneously instead of PS3, or that they're being rated for PlayStation Now. PS2 Classics heading to PS4 would be amazing news to me. Especially if Dark Cloud 2 is one of them.

Famassu

From what I remember, the one thing most emulators need to work well is a strong CPU (and more specifically strong single-threaded performance), which is the one thing that the PS4 doesn't necessarily have.
While true when it comes to PC emulators, doesn't Sony's intimate knowledge of the PS2 hardware (as well as the PS4 hardware) help them with making more efficient emulators? It'd still be somewhat CPU dependent, but maybe a bit less so than externally made emulators on PC

Also, that said, PS3 already had a somewhat functional PS2 emulator. Don't think there's any reason PS4 would be any worse.

Top Bottom