• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends vs. Titanfall 2

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Titanfall 2

Votes: 94 77.7%
  • Apex Legends

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

8olkACb.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
they're radically different games

titanfall 2 is an arena shooter like tfc or quake w / wall running, grappling, frag boosts and bhops (fly by seat madness that never ends)

apex is open world w / collapsing storms, complex teamwork, high level decision making under pressure, dynamic firefights with unforeseen consequences around every corner

i no choose and offer you dis youtube link -->

Alx

I think I had more fun with TF2, there are so many captures I made of random awesome moments in the game. I played it daily (Attrition mode over and over again) right to the release of Apex Legends. But then I switched to Apex and never looked back. Maybe I should.
Apex is great though, but I'm aware it's keeping me hooked with the usual content tricks. I did like filling stat bars in TF2 with nothing to get out of it, now I'm doing the same in Apex gathering useless credits and some fancy textures.

Last edited:

TheMan

Going with TF2 because of the fun campaign and giant mechs. Not really a fan of BR generally speaking although I can recognize that Respawn did quality work in that regard

manfestival

This is a really weird head to head... I like both games. Put way more hours into Apex but I think TF2 is the better game.

This is the same person who thought it was a good idea to put Persona 5 vs TLOU2, two of the most well received games this gen, against each other in the first round...

I don't care how well-received the games are, the idea I thought was to put similar games against each other, so yeah that one's another head-scratcher but not for the reason you stated.

mcz117chief

Titanfall 2 is just pure junk, with the campaign and multiplayer being absolute wet farts. Titanfall 1 is far superior in every aspect and Apex too. The only thing I liked about Titanfall 2 is Blisk telling you to play Apex instead of this trash.

Kerotan

Two great games. For single player T2 is top class. Multiplayer was good but apex better.

EA would be wise to integrate T3 with Apex the way Warzone is integrated with COD. They would compliment each other nicely.

Fbh

Titanfall 2 was amazing. Probably my favorite multiplayer FPS from the gen and one of the best single player ones too.
I also loved the no BS approach. No season pass, no loot boxes, a few cosmetic microtransactions that you could buy directly for fair prices and with a visual style that was coherent with the overall style and art direction. Not even that much in terms of progression, it's a game you play and go back to because it's fun, not because of some lame carrot on a stick.

Apex was pretty good too. So far it's the only Battle Royale that managed to keep me interested for a couple of weeks. But Battle Royale just isn't for me and overall I like pretty much everything about Titanfall 2 better.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I hate battle royale so much so Titan fall 2 is an easy winner. Just sad it wasn't as good as the first game.

Top Bottom