• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

OutRun88

Just booted this up for the first time in about a year and half and had a good time! Glad to see they' are still adding new content to the game, however I feel completely lost now.

Alx

I just realized yesterday that there was a boost command for the Trident (RT). Does it deal more damage when you run over opponents with it ? I had tried using the vehicle in a firefight before, but it didn't seem to do much.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Switched to New York servers, 90 ping but the communication level is vastly superior, no more French or Spanish kids who don't know what I'm telling them to do.

When Loba was on the roof and I was like "Oh wait I can just do this lol."

Horizon is definitely taking the spot from Wattson, I'm sorry... But you only made me struggle.

Also yes I crafted the Event Horizon finisher cuz her skins ain't that good apart from the edgy one.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Go play Valorant then bro if you want corridor ability shooter. Enjoy your Chinese spyware. 😘

aj8X7j7.gif

Why do you mention Valorant. Your comment makes no sense.

Out of all games you recommend Valorant.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Patch 7.0.1

4a65a8ba5f37c2ea682a493d254e54a5e088ab55.png

'Hey Legends, we’ve pushed out a small update that':
  • Fixed various Steam-only issues, including poor performance in the lobby
  • Fixed various issues with Clubs
  • Fixed miscellaneous errors

splattered

Having fun with it but my internet sucks despite being gigablast and i get severe rubber banding in this game... same with Modern Warfare but not as bad as Apex. This game it seems to happen a lot for some reason.

Tesseract

Banned
Having fun with it but my internet sucks despite being gigablast and i get severe rubber banding in this game... same with Modern Warfare but not as bad as Apex. This game it seems to happen a lot for some reason.
netcode needs some work

it's on the list

splattered

So is this game optimized for Series X or no? Someone in the Xbox OT said yes but i transferred it to my internal SSD and filtered game list by optimized and it's not there... though the list could be wonky at this point i guess? Seems like the UI still has some kinks to iron out

Banned
So is this game optimized for Series X or no? Someone in the Xbox OT said yes but i transferred it to my internal SSD and filtered game list by optimized and it's not there... though the list could be wonky at this point i guess? Seems like the UI still has some kinks to iron out

it doesn't seem to be upgraded yet, but it runs at a flawless 60fps and the dynamic resolution stays pretty high. (although the game's FPS counter is kinda stuck to 60fps and at one point it jumped up to 80fps for a second... seems either the FPS lock of the FPS counter is wonky)

so the boost you get even over the One X is massive IMO.
I already found spots on the new map that would even on the One X dip as low as 35fps with noticeable drop in resolution too.
same spot on Series X, perfect framerate, pretty high resolution (it seems to that the resolution maxes out at around 1800p sadly due to the game's settings)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Wow Tess. That’s some next level OT! Thank you brother for an awesome OT!

I am really enjoying season 7 a lot. Been killing it with Horizon as I’m enjoying the character a lot. Already over 200 kills with her and her tactical ability, ooohhh damn the amount of things I do with it!

Amaranty

I'm not sure if the new map is supposed discourage third partying, but this season I've noticed multiple parties engaging in combat is more frequent. Last night our team engaged ongoing fights three times in a row and we won every fight, because the team left standing was already exhausted and without resources.

The map is big, but there's also a whole lot of nothing in a lot of parts of the map. Sometimes we land far away and we haven't even looted the first place, when we only have 6-8 teams left.

Last edited:
I think this might be my favourite map of the three. World's Edge being my least favourite.

Had a few goes with Horizon last night and my mind has been changed now that I'm getting to grips with her abilities but I've been having most success with my main, Loba, she's so good now. Broke the thousand kills mark and sitting at 49 wins with her at the minute. Horizon's new twitch skin is pretty rad. Karate Kid vibes.

Also, is it just me or are the games going by a lot faster. It seems more often than not, half the teams in the lobby are decimated in the first couple of minutes. Whatever, it's a lot of fun.

Alx

Yeah whenever we drop there or in the nearest spot on the ship track, I expect the game to last 30 seconds. I really don't understand players who want to jump right into a firefight in a game that is based on looting the map and surviving.

Banned
Yeah whenever we drop there or in the nearest spot on the ship track, I expect the game to last 30 seconds. I really don't understand players who want to jump right into a firefight in a game that is based on looting the map and surviving.

I am really good at fast initial fights.
if I land on a busy spot and we kill 1 or 2 whole teams we not only get a bunch of loot but also level shields.

I like jumping down instantly if the POI is one I am good at fighting in.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Never played Apex, but Titanfall 2 was like 3 bucks, so I picked it up. Do they plan on adding Titans to this game?

Alx

I definitely stole that win, sorry guy (but for my defense I was the last remaining player on my team). I wish those teams had fought a bit farther away from my roof, I'm still waiting for an opportunity to win a match in a Sheila murdering spree.

Never played Apex, but Titanfall 2 was like 3 bucks, so I picked it up. Do they plan on adding Titans to this game?

The devs said they tried to make Titans work in the game, but couldn't find a way to balance them. Maybe they will find a way in special modes, they managed to add wall running in the last Halloween even.

Life

Why is the map still so huge and hardly any teams? Is there a technical reason for this? I would have thought the team count would increase by at least 50% by now. Loot for 10 mins and then battle it out for 15 seconds - potentially lose and start again. Great.

DonF

How does it run on PS5? Dipping down to 35fps on PS4 in some instances 😅
On PS4 pro it runs fairly smooth. The new map dips in some areas to the higher 40s ( I run it at 82 FoV) My bet is that the ps5 should run at a steady 60, if all other retro compat games are a sign.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
On PS4 pro it runs fairly smooth. The new map dips in some areas to the higher 40s ( I run it at 82 FoV) My bet is that the ps5 should run at a steady 60, if all other retro compat games are a sign.
I'm at 104 FoV, so the framedrops are just full throttling at times. Can't wait till nov. 19th where I get my PS5. Hoping for 1440p/120hz when the nextgen patch drops

DonF

I'm at 104 FoV, so the framedrops are just full throttling at times. Can't wait till nov. 19th where I get my PS5. Hoping for 1440p/120hz when the nextgen patch drops
Its weird cause to me, it seem like frame rate is somehow tied to connection. I've seen youtubers play at 110 FoV and steady 60 fps. Yet I get awful frame drops when playing in the server where I have the lowest ping, but better frame rate when I play in the US servers. I hope the ps5 can brute force better frame rates overall.

Banned
How does it run on PS5? Dipping down to 35fps on PS4 in some instances 😅

can't day anything about the PS5, but on Series X it doesn't drop a single frame and the dynamic resolution stays pretty high.

too bad my main account is still locked to the PS4 as they didn't implement cross progression yet...

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Its weird cause to me, it seem like frame rate is somehow tied to connection. I've seen youtubers play at 110 FoV and steady 60 fps. Yet I get awful frame drops when playing in the server where I have the lowest ping, but better frame rate when I play in the US servers. I hope the ps5 can brute force better frame rates overall.

I have a fiber 600/600 connection with very low ping (2-3ms). When I connect to servers near me, I have 14-20ms latency. That should not be the reason to drop down to 35fps. I've found out that areas on Olympus with open spaces and lots of green grass, triggers it somehow.

can't day anything about the PS5, but on Series X it doesn't drop a single frame and the dynamic resolution stays pretty high.

too bad my main account is still locked to the PS4 as they didn't implement cross progression yet...

I've seen some gameplay from PS5 now - and it's a rock solid 60 fps aswell. Hope cross progression will come someday.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I finally got to put in some time with the update this weekend. Won the first one I played after a lengthy break. Olympus is fantastic. I still hate the character artwork but the artwork on Olympus is fantastic. This game continues to deliver.

Top Bottom