• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparantly, MLB2K6 360 screens in new GameInformer

Fatalah

Over at the official 2k6 forum at 2ksports.com, they seem to have pointed to the new GI...along with some facts about the graphics...

For the xbox 360:
The xbox 360 version wont ship simultaneously with the current-gen versions, but 2k sports believes that it will be trailing only a few weeks behind, placing it in late march or early april. Like 2k sports first gen basketball foray, the majority if the additions to this version are of the graphical sort. The entire crowd ( which can strecth up to 60,000 people) will be fully modeled. If a foul ball is hit to a specific section, the fans will leap to their feat and jockey for position as they try to get their hands on the souvenir. Fans will also have the ability to get up and head for the bathroom. Vendors will make their rounds up and down the stairs, and you'll even see secruity guards on patrol. All of the stadiums in the game have been completely rebuilt for this version. Youll also see volumetric grass in the outfield and the most realistic dirt around. Much like the incredible cloth technology features in nba 2k6, the uniforms in this game will wrinkle and flow as the players move. New gameplay features are also being introduced, such as context-based moves like leaning over a railing to snag a fly ball. And yes, 2k is throwing around the idea of inlcuding a fan at wrigley that looks an awful alot like Steve bartman..

They also show 3 images..one of Derek jeter swining, him playing short stop and his face..all look amazing

and im sorry for any spelling errors, atleast i typed this whole thing out

enjoy

Mifune

Mehmber
Hmmm I wish the 360 enhancements were more than just cosmetic. Guess we'll have to wait for 2K7 for the real deal. Still, unless this turns out to be terrible, I'll buy it. I need my next-gen MLB fix.

garrickk

If a foul ball is hit to a specific section, the fans will leap to their feat and jockey for position as they try to get their hands on the souvenir.
The first next gen baseball game that lets me rip a foul ball into the first or third base line seats and crack an unsuspecting fan in the head (fully modeled) gets my money.

Mrbob

Man, I didn't even know there were 360 shots in the magazine. I browed through them quickly and they all looked the same. Nothing really impressive about the 360 shots. I finally noticed them because they are labeled xbox 360 shots.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
And yes, 2k is throwing around the idea of inlcuding a fan at wrigley that looks an awful alot like Steve bartman..

:lol Poor Cubs fans.

And yes, these shots aren't impressive at all. Maybe it will look better in motion.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Those Xbox 360 screens look good, but a bit underwhelming... hopefully by the time the game is actually released it looks a good amount better.

Mrbob

Dr. Strangelove said:
:lol Poor Cubs fans.

And yes, these shots aren't impressive at all. Maybe it will look better in motion.

Yes, and for this idea alone 2k and Kush have become my most hated developers. Nothing can get me to buy MLB2K6, now. NOTHING.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
What does actually sound cool about this game is the attempt to implement the actual tendencies and capabilities of each player. Does this mean we'll see Varitek fanning on high heat constantly and Randy Johnson buzzing people's domes? I sure hope so.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I think it looks solid. I'm more concerned with the gameplay. It better be shit hot for $60.00. I never played last year's version but only heard bad things.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Yes, and for this idea alone 2k and Kush have become my most hated developers. Nothing can get me to buy MLB2K6, now. NOTHING.

:lol

Top Bottom