• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

apparently Gravity Rush Remastered is a rare game now

I planned to import the game few weeks ago and noticed the price skyrocketed. Guess GR2 helped a lot. Now I'm just waiting for digital sale :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Seems like even the English Asian release are out of stock according to Play Asia.

-Horizon-

Yeah, started looking at it last week and saw the price and just laughed.

Guess I'll just stick with my vita version then.

kagamin

I already beat the Vita version anyways, now to just wait for the price drops on the sequel, gonna have to wait a while though.

ricelord

16343691_1349162928491602_773383697_n.jpg
i'm gonna be rich.

Luminaire

Wonder if I should buy GR2 now then...

Haven't been able to beat the first one yet due to work projects. (No, I don't want to go digital for the sequel.)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hear that. I got my copy from Amazon once I knew only Amazon would carry it physically.

Yeah, I preordered because I figured it would be limited. Surprised it was up as long as it was.

Doubt there will be a reprint, since Sony barely gave it a NA US physical release in the first place.

RMI

Banned
if only there was a way to play this rare game without the disc!

I will never understand rarity of games on an era where everything is also available digitally and performs the same function.

I get why a SNES cartridge or something might be rare because unless you're playing on an emulator there's no way to play the game. But with any game released in the digital download era it makes very little sense to me.

Indelible

I had a feeling this would be rare eventually, always happens with store specific games. I will never sell my copy, definitely a game to keep in the collection.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
This is really too bad. This generation on PS4 is so nutty as a collector with LRG and other small print publishers.

You sure?
Plenty of copies in JB Hifi here in Australia...

The remaster got a wide release in PAL and Asia. In the US it was Amazon exclusive (after much outcry - it was supposed to be digital-only) and straight-up unreleased in other North/South American territories.

Still miffed about that... They couldn't get something going with amazon.ca? Gah. Well, if Sony's distribution of GR2 here so far (many retailers apparently have low stock) is any indication, I guess they couldn't.

Drago

What the fucking shit.

I came so, so close to getting it for like $24 or something last month but I had bought enough PS4 games at the time so I sat on it. Kicking myself into outer space right now. Hopefully prices come back down to earth eventually but I doubt they will.

Type40

This price markup is for the US version only. Japanese and euro copies had a wider print run and distribution.

if only there was a way to play this rare game without the disc!

I will never understand rarity of games on an era where everything is also available digitally and performs the same function.

I get why a SNES cartridge or something might be rare because unless you're playing on an emulator there's no way to play the game. But with any game released in the digital download era it makes very little sense to me.
Because physical>digital

Bubba77

Mine is still in plastic waiting to be played. I played on vita so i may just go straight into 2 after i finish res evil.

*Hugs my copy of Gravity Rush Remastered*

Some of you guys can have your digital only future. Me? I'm sticking with my physical copies.

I still have my copy but I gotta question why Sony only released it on Amazon. Unless Amazon agreed to buy a set amount of inventory in exchange for exclusive selling privileges

mdubs

Banned
No sympathy for you Americans. At least you got a physical print run in your stores. Hope you realize now how terrible Sony has been in treating this franchise.

I still have my copy but I gotta question why Sony only released it on Amazon. Unless Amazon agreed to buy a set amount of inventory in exchange for exclusive selling privileges

If I remember right the remaster was supposed to be digital-only in NA and due to fan outcry, they made a last-minute deal to get a print run on amazon. Sony never seemed to have much faith in it.

I remember telling my friend in California about it and when he found out, he ordered a copy immediately. Lucky guy!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

It wasn't going to get a physical release at all here. Amazon got a (small?) shipment because a fair number of people complained about it being digital only.

Top Bottom