• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

apparently Gravity Rush Remastered is a rare game now

I just finished it (Platinum'd, even) on PS4 which I bought for $13AUD and was blown away by it. Glad it got a second chance on the PS4 because it's a seriously great title. Should have jumped on the $20AUD physical I saw at a local Target last year. Oh well!

Huh

Mine is still shrink wrapped.

I bought it mainly because I'd played through the vita version already and would maybe get around to the remaster(plus support)

That's crazy, I think I paid 20? Bucks for it

OmahaG8

You can get it as part of double pack with New Super Mario Bros. U.

Yeah, but as far as collecting goes, the stand alone one is more valuable my a considerable margin. But yes, you can still play it physically for cheap, I'm not refuting that. But it's a case of something relatively recent that has come out and skyrocketed in value that seemed like a weird one to predict. The writing was probably on the wall for this since it was an Amazon only print.

Ugh, that sucks. This was on my list of games to buy whenever I eventually acquired a PS4, but guess I'll just stick to digital for it. Bayo 1 + 2 was in a similar situation for a bit, though prices for it have been reasonable lately.

I believe the only game I have, and will ever have (as I buy a lot of games digitally now), that is rare is the PAL release of Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition I bought on sale for €15. It's new/sealed so I guess it is worth €100+, and is looks like open/used hits at least €70 on eBay.

Yeah, but as far as collecting goes, the stand alone one is more valuable my a considerable margin. But yes, you can still play it physically for cheap, I'm not refuting that. But it's a case of something relatively recent that has come out and skyrocketed in value that seemed like a weird one to predict. The writing was probably on the wall for this since it was an Amazon only print.

There's a bunch of 2013-era Wii U games that got low print runs and are now crazy jacked-up in price. That, Wii Sports Club, and Game & Wario are the main three. NES Remix Pack might be heading in that direction. Tokyo Mirage Sessions absolutely will. Anyone who wants the Bayonetta 1+2 first-run combo pack for a reasonable price is already dead. The Wii U is pretty handily going to be a collector's nightmare down the line.

The Luigi one is super weird though because there's pretty much no reason for it to be as jacked up as it is beyond collectibility. The NSMBU+L combo pack is more or less the same thing. I lucked out on it - nabbed it for $10 during Target's liquidation sales.

When 2K was clearing out their storefront I bought Bioshock Infinte Songbird edition (the huge box that comes with the massive statue) for like $40 or so? I see them selling for like $120 on eBay all the time.

Korigama

Amazon did in fact run out of copies of the US version this month. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, managing to get one before it happened. I figured that I would just pay the standard price at the time ($30) instead of waiting for a sale, the listing saying that they only had two left affirming that decision.

Jamesac68

Banned
I liked the game enough that, after playing the digital version, I ordered it off Amazon. I was kind of surprised it took so long to go all Collector's Edition, but I didn't get my copy to sell so I was watching more as an interested observer than looking to cash in. My copy may be sealed but it's mine, and if I want to play it again in a decade or two it should still be right there.

cftrooper

This makes me wonder if Steins;Gate on PS3/Vita will become rare. I just traded in my Vita copy recently too to afford Gravity Rush 2

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
There's a bunch of 2013-era Wii U games that got low print runs and are now crazy jacked-up in price. That, Wii Sports Club, and Game & Wario are the main three. NES Remix Pack might be heading in that direction. Tokyo Mirage Sessions absolutely will. Anyone who wants the Bayonetta 1+2 first-run combo pack for a reasonable price is already dead. The Wii U is pretty handily going to be a collector's nightmare down the line.

The Luigi one is super weird though because there's pretty much no reason for it to be as jacked up as it is beyond collectibility. The NSMBU+L combo pack is more or less the same thing. I lucked out on it - nabbed it for $10 during Target's liquidation sales.

I will be pretty good on the Wii U front. I have NSLU standalone, Bayo 1+2, and TMS. At one time Lego City Undercover looked like it was going up some, but it's been reprinted.

Cherry

Banned
Just ordered a Chinese copy from Ebay.ca for $60 CAD, I find it worth the extra cost for the physical copy, looks good on my shelf.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
As a die hard Gravity Rush fan, I bought the remaster physical to go along with my Vita copy. Never getting rid of it, even if it didn't suddenly become rare. Some games I just love to have in my collection forever. Like Folklore. Damn I wish we'd have gotten a PS4 remaster of that one too.

It's shit like this that makes me thankful there are people out there who enjoy working on emulators and preserving games digitally so that everyone will be able to enjoy them in the future when copies are not purchasable or are exorbitantly priced.

Also it helps that at this current time in history, people can still play the game if they purchase it digitally. Hope it goes on sale again in the PS Store for those who haven't played it.

Carm

Sold my copy to Gamestop last month for $15 then bought digitally for $15, no regrets. I'll be 42 in July, the older I've become the less physical stuff I want. I don't want to move stuff, dust more stuff, make more space for more stuff.

I also lost my emotional attachment to physical games during the tail end of the PS2 era when I started drifting toward buying PC games only. The only reason I buy physical PS4 games these days is because of Prime and Best Buy GCU pricing compared to day one console digital pricing.

You'll be like me one day, most of you anyway.

Jharp

Had the opportunity to buy this for $20 like two months ago. Oh well.

Pretty nuts that it hasn't been given away as a PS+ game yet. Would have been perfect marketing for GR2.

JB2448

Thanks to being region free, you can still get PAL region copies (all of which should play in English if your PS4 is set with English as its primary language) for relatively cheap and new via various countries' Amazon stores:

I think that's all of them.

I will be pretty good on the Wii U front. I have NSLU standalone, Bayo 1+2, and TMS. At one time Lego City Undercover looked like it was going up some, but it's been reprinted.

I have all the ones you mentioned except TMS, so I'd better hurry on that. Overall my Wii U collection is pretty filled up so I should be set. I'm missing Wii Sports Club and Game & Wario which I mentioned above but I'm not losing sleep over those at all.

Goldboy

Yeah, I went to buy it recently and was really disappointed to learn I couldn't get a physical copy for under $150.

Damn, that's ridiculous. I left mine sealed on the shelf because I haven't had time to play it, but now I'm thinking it might be worth double-dipping digitally.

Top Bottom