• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April Fools'] Microsoft overclocks Series X GPU to 2.08 Ghz; now 13.85 Teraflops

SleepDoctor

Banned
Lol, Sleep Doctor think he is that important that I would spend six hours responding to him...….Ha ha, I'm pretty sure I was watching Blood Shot (Vin Diesel and a couple other movies during that time, hell I even had a nap in-between)…..Sadly, most of the time I see a Sleep Doctor's post it's a driveby, a straight troll post and most times which happens to be his favorite, a bevy of persecution complex posts....

I responded to the thread heartily on the first page, Sleep Doctor quoted some old posts of mine from the speculation thread, but he says it's a Joke thread, I responded to him 8 minutes later, where my answer to him was in one of the very quotes he posted, but he is saying I took 6hrs.....He is trying to make this all about him, even spreading FUD and lieing in a joke thread.......Well then, it wouldn't be a Sleep Doctor's post if there was no FUD.....That's for sure...

You're still crying? You were on here still posting in this same thread lol. Just had nothing to reply with. So you needed 6 hours to "think" of something.

All you post is fud and flamebait. You're just mad i replied to your shitty post with your very own posts contradicting yourself. You guys should be more weary of what you post. It stays in your history. So technically you're mad at yourself.

gaming_noob

Blast processing!

gPO3zpj.gif

True power.

oSL5nXB.gif

Sound familiar?

thelastword

Banned
You're still crying? You were on here still posting in this same thread lol. Just had nothing to reply with. So you needed 6 hours to "think" of something.

All you post is fud and flamebait. You're just mad i replied to your shitty post with your very own posts contradicting yourself. You guys should be more weary of what you post. It stays in your history. So technically you're mad at yourself.
Do you concede that I responded to your post in 8 minutes flat? Please go to the second page in this thread and keep telling those lies to everyone who have eyes to read...….Caught in a lie with your six hour FUD and you keep digging, yet you are lecturing me on posts being visible......Yeah you're right they are visible...My response to your post on page 2 is actually two posts below yours.....I even have a post just directly above your post where I responded to Phil...…Keep the FUD alive....

SleepDoctor

Banned
Do you concede that I responded to your post in 8 minutes flat? Please go to the second page in this thread and keep telling those lies to everyone who have eyes to read...….Caught in a lie with your six hour FUD and you keep digging, yet you are lecturing me on posts being visible......Yeah you're right they are visible...My response to your post on page 2 is actually two posts below yours.....I even have a post just directly above your post where I responded to Phil...…Keep the FUD alive....

A lie? You had nothing for 6 hours lol. Im not going back and forth with a troll. Have a good night bud.

thelastword

Banned
A lie? You had nothing for 6 hours lol. Im not going back and forth with a troll. Have a good night bud.
So nothing, you got caught in a lie with your 6 hours nonsense and you call me a troll.....Well you best be careful next time, because these posts remain as you said...….

Me wishing that the 15.05TF speculation were true is not a lie, I wanted the best hardware, the highest TF in all the pastebins in the speculation thread, yet that 15.05 was not my pastebin....However with official PS5 specs, by the looks of it, I'm still getting the best hardware next gen, since PS5 seems to be much more customized and a revolution in design, so it's a win win......Please enjoy the rest of your night sir....I hope in the end we are both satisfied with the console we choose...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Me wishing that the 15.05TF speculation were true is not a lie, I wanted the best hardware, the highest TF in all the pastebins in the speculation thread, yet that 15.05 was not my pastebin....However with official PS5 specs, by the looks of it, I'm still getting the best hardware next gen, since PS5 seems to be much more customized and a revolution in design, so it's a win win......Please enjoy the rest of your night sir....I hope in the end we are both satisfied with the console we choose...
You believed the 15tf trash?

That bogus leak was literally a week or two before Cernys show.

Lol

thelastword

Banned
The joke is so good because it could actually happen.
Tbh, I can see MS doing a boost clock bump......I've been saying that months ago, it's the very reason they wanted Sony to reveal their specs so bad, so they can react...…..I guess that's why they designed their box that way, but I think with these consoles, what the actual performance is and who has the better cooling solution is yet to be determined......I think that's where all the fun will be.....Well that and of course first party studio reveals or exclusives.....Orphan of the Machine vs Godfall will be interesting…….The Initiative vs Naughty Dog will be interesting, PD vs Turn 10 will be interesting.....Still some time away though...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some of you are still heartbroken that PS5 is not 9.2TF or RDNA 1 as you speculated, or anything lowball.....You guys never anticipated all that custom hardware, huh!.....
On the left, 9.2tf at 36 CU.

On the right, 12-13tf and even last minute splurges to 14-15tf at around 52-60 CU.

Reality is 9.2 upclocked at the last minute with a gpu at up to 2.23 ghz to get to 10.3tf at 36 CU.

The left won.

Last edited:
Tbh, I can see MS doing a boost clock bump......I've been saying that months ago, it's the very reason they wanted Sony to reveal their specs so bad, so they can react...…..I guess that's why they designed their box that way, but I think with these consoles, what the actual performance is and who has the better cooling solution is yet to be determined......I think that's where all the fun will be.....Well that and of course first party studio reveals or exclusives.....Orphan of the Machine vs Godfall will be interesting…….The Initiative vs Naughty Dog will be interesting, PD vs Turn 10 will be interesting.....Still some time away though...
It seems the only one reacting are Sony, otherwise that whole varied frequency BS wouldn't be a reality.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This is actually probably the best April Fool's joke of the year, strangely enough, because it's A) Totally plausible, and B) Got me to click on it thinking "Of course they did", because it's totally something Microsoft would do just to be total savages.

Kagey K

Banned
This is actually probably the best April Fool's joke of the year, strangely enough, because it's A) Totally plausible, and B) Got me to click on it thinking "Of course they did", because it's totally something Microsoft would do just to be total savages.
Could you imagine the brute force of it?

This whole demeaning "xbox series x is shitty bruteforce" rhetoric is so transparent in its unrefined console warrior intent it's almost sad.

Who says PS5 is a better made console? Because it's clocked higher in order to grab back some power? I don't think so. The specs for the Series X look very good & very normal for a next gen system. The PS5 clocks meanwhile do raise eyebrows. Back in the real world Sony need to really hope they're releasing a cheaper console at launch, because if not, they'll have trouble remaining dominant in the USA.

Xbox has all these things designed to relieve any additional stress and to allow devs to use the available power of the console smarter, and somehow it's labeled brute force. If anyone calls the xbox approach brute force, then they shouldn't be taken seriously when they try to call the playstation 5 approach balanced or elegant or efficient, or whatever other word they come up with. Their imagination is incredible when sony gives so little information on important aspects of how their system works, but Microsoft, who literally has an entire glossary laid out about all the ways they intend to free up resources and parts of their system to allow it to work in a more efficient and unencumbered fashion, has their approach dismissed as brute force from the same people calling everything about the PS5 design brilliant? Let's be serious.

LOL. Uh, no. Everybody knows XSX is the more powerful console. This really is 2013 in reverse. You sound just like misterxmedia and those other crazies on the other side with all the data move engines, hidden secret sauce,esram etc...buuuuut it's super efficient..,dat SSD will even the score guys,just you wait!!

New flash, XSX is a very efficient, customized console as well,if not more so where it counts most. If you're seriously trying to imply that PS5 is more powerful than XSX, then you're going to have a very rough next gen.

I can see it now, every the XSX win in DF head to head analysis, you genius's are going to say "lazy devs didn't put in the work on the SUPER DUPER SSD".

Reading your post that's exactly what is going to happen "Lazy Devs"

it's so exhausting of this @#$%& neverending cycle.

ZywyPL

Banned
April Fools or not, I still expect MS to up the clock to 2GHz, they have a lot of headroom with that dead silent cooling.

Question is are you satisfied with 12.1TF Bruteforce?

XBX:
VRS + Mesh Shading + SFS + Direct Storage + BCpack + DirectML + DLI + ALLM + VRR + Auto HDR = "brute force"

PS5:
Geometry Engine + heavy, unsustainable OC = "efficiency"

Lesson for today kids: drugs are bad!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don’t forget SSD’s partner in crime Tempest 3D Audio!

Move over powerful stable system architecture, when a storage device and audio chip (which SeX also have) and pulsating over and underclocking cpu/gpu combo were the magic beans the whole time in gaming.

it’s just that nobody knew until we were told on March 18, 2020 in a 55 minute stage show with a fake audience!

all you PC gamers have been wasting money on ram and gpus. All you have to do is buy a 5700XT, a decent cpu and a really fast SSD.

And poof! Next gen gaming!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
One of the most famous April Fool pranks in the UK

By the logic shown by.......some.....in this.......thread, people who enjoy spaghetti desperately wanted it to grow on trees :messenger_neutral:

On Demand

Banned
It's been a long 7 years for xbox fans huh? Jeez yall don't even try to hide it.

While the joke is funny, it's more funny that this is probably being discussed seriously at the temple of ptah amun phil RA discord. That's why it was posted here to tease PS fans.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
April Fools or not, I still expect MS to up the clock to 2GHz, they have a lot of headroom with that dead silent cooling.

XBX:
VRS + Mesh Shading + SFS + Direct Storage + BCpack + DirectML + DLI + ALLM + VRR + Auto HDR = "brute force"

PS5:
Geometry Engine + heavy, unsustainable OC = "efficiency"

Lesson for today kids: drugs are bad!

PS5 has VRR and VRS. They're apart of HDMI 2.1 and RDNA2 respectively.

The rest are just software tools with fancy names. Which MS is very good at to make something sound much better than it is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And it was really exciting info when we broke it down....I'm satisfied with 10.3TF with heavy customization after the reveal.....Question is are you satisfied with 12.1TF Bruteforce?
For sure. Dont need to worry about throttling.

Also, if you're going to round up PS5 to 10.3 like most people are, then round up SeX to 12.2.

MilkyJoe

So nothing, you got caught in a lie with your 6 hours nonsense and you call me a troll.....Well you best be careful next time, because these posts remain as you said...….

You're deranged.

What you'll be getting is the 9.2tf console over clocked to the detriment of the Cpu, that is going to be as loud as shit to keep the thing from setting fire. 🤣😂

UnNamed

Banned
"Too much is never enough".
Push the GPU to 2Ghz is feasible, and in theory they still have some months before the mass production of every component and all the preparation for a worldwide release, which usually began in july/august (I'm not talking just about assembly and delivery).

Damn she so fine
Koni Demiko... NSFW stuff :messenger_smirking:

Top Bottom