• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How dare Matt Morgan partially blame Kane for his terrible wrestling.

That's such a sad story about the car accident. It's why I always insist that anyone who gets in the car with me put on their seat belt.

DiscoJon

Banned
Sad story.

Who is Hulk Hogan?

It's certainly not this guy.

Mr.-America.jpg

G-Fex

I sure miss Mr. America. I wish he'd come back.

Everyone imagine this match, Lord Tensai vs. Ryback vs.Brodus Clay.

New NOAH show, the first day of the 2012 Global Tag League! Featuring, young English wrestler Zack Sabre Jr. going up against Atsushi Aoki in a great technical match-up, and Kotaro Suzuki taking on Masao Inoue. Meanwhile, in the Global League matches, ZERO1's Shinjiro Ohtani & Daichi Hashimoto take on the US representatives of Colt Cabana and Eddie Edwards, while representing Diamond Ring Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara take on the NO MERCY team of Yoshihiro Takayama & Maybach Taniguchi. Then, the AJPW Triple Crown champion Jun Akiyama and his partner Akitoshi Saito face Go Shiozaki and veteran Tamon Honda, while in the main event GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima and GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima go up against the team of Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji.

NOAH "GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE 2012", 11.04.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,500 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x20qfb

01. Zack Sabre Jr. vs Atsushi Aoki

02. Kotaro Suzuki vs Masao Inoue

03. Taiji Ishimori & Ricky Marvin vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayanagi

GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE MATCHES;

04. Shinjiro Ohtani & Daichi Hashimoto vs Eddie Edwards & Colt Cabana

05. Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Maybach Taniguchi

06. Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito vs Go Shiozaki & Tamon Honda

07. Takeshi Morishima & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji

Everyone imagine this match, Lord Tensai vs. Ryback vs.Brodus Clay.

A 3-way squash match? But who does the job?

Aiii

So not worth it
Things were even stranger on the road than they were at SMF.
We’d arrive in a town like Hyden, Kentucky, where the census population was 200 and 400 people would turn up for the matches. People would literally come down from the hills to see the show. I hate to stereotype, but this was pure Deliverance–type shit and the evidence of inbreeding was impossible to ignore. I saw one kid with purple skin and another with hands like lobster claws. I know it’s a cliché to say that rednecks have no teeth, but it’s just plain creepy to see so many people in one place that literally have no chiclets. But they loved to watch their rasslin’.
I don’t know where they got the cash, but the people in these towns bought more gimmicks than fans anywhere else did. I was signing pictures at the table in Virgie, Kentucky, when a guy came up and asked me for an autograph.
“Sure thing, bud,” I said with a smile. “I’d be happy to.”
He looked at me with sleepy-eyed wonder, his gut peeking out of his greasy wifebeater, and asked with complete seriousness, “How did you know my name was Bud?”
You can’t write stuff like this.

Oh Jericho. _O-

Notes from the EVOLVE iPPV last night - seemed border issues were the reason for the hastily shuffled card;

• The entire card pretty much had to be scrapped and re-configurated by Gabe Sapolsky as Scott Reed, Bobby Fish and AR Fox were unable to get over the border. Cheech, who was traveling with Fish, had to return to New York as he had no other way to make it to Toronto. Sapolsky was furious about the situation as the promotion had explained to the wrestlers what was needed of them to get over the border. Sapolsky said a lot of it came down to not "listening to instructions." Some of those who didn't make it (not Cheech) find themselves in really hot water when it comes to being used in the future.
  • WWE Hall Of Famer Edge was backstage at the show and watched the main event with Finlay vs. Callihan. Edge was at the show with Tommy Dreamer.
  • Super Smash Brothers will be debuting shortly in DGUSA.
  • Jake Manning and Drew Gulak are now in Chuck Taylor's new stable called The Gentlemen's Club. DGUSA has been looking for a role for Manning for some time.
  • The word backstage was that Dave Finlay would be returning for at least one more shot.

I ended up falling asleep, lol - so I've yet to watch the main event, sounds like it was awesome though. I'm unfortunately going to be out this evening, so I won't be able to join you guys in the CHIKARA viewing :(

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Question: Why didn't Ultimo Dragon ultimately "make it" in the WWE? Was it because of a failed entrance?

Lunchbox

Banned
CHIKARA is PG wrestling done properly.

And how dare you call me a nerd? *readjusts glasses*

claudio castagnoli was shitting on chikara alot last year. he kept saying how its full of joke characters and clowns and run by even bigger clowns and how he would never go back.

then i youtubed some chikara vids and saw some furries wrestle and never went back

claudio castagnoli was shitting on chikara alot last year. he kept saying how its full of joke characters and clowns and run by even bigger clowns and how he would never go back.

then i youtubed some chikara vids and saw some furries wrestle and never went back

Claudio was a trainer at the wrestle factory right until he left for the WWE. Why do you have to blindly hate greatness Lunchbox?

You should watch some legit Chikara matches.

Top Bottom