• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Zertez

What a crappy way to end the show. With the side boob shot, it is understandable why Lesnar has kept his shirt on. I know his illness takes a lot out of you, but normally people lose weight when having part of their colon removed, not gain it.

Talamius

If the point of that whole segment was to make Cena look like a complete bitch, mission accomplished.

No Brock = Smiling, happy-go-lucky Cena.

Brock = Cena comes out and wraps a chain around his fist, hesitates to sign the contract, then backs away from Brock as he circles the table.

and for fuck's sake someone track down Paul Heyman to talk for Brock

The problem is Cena has like no 'believable' friends in wrestling story wise. He doesn't have a fake brother, he didn't have childhood friend growing up together etc does he? lol.

So he gets a different random popular wrestler to come out and give pep talk each time and blah blah its just nothing.
Cena has friends:
5PVnQ.gif

No, he doesn't:
aUwbm.gif

MoosiferX

So, which one of you suckers got duped into watching RAW past the Kane segment? Admit it.

If you're talking about the first Kane segment, I'd say it was worth watching past it for the Special YES! Referee.

However if you're talking about the second one.......... dark times.

I dont understand the hate for the last segment. It was done to build Brock as an absolute monster that people fear. John Laurinitis throws his weight around all show but in the presence of Brock he cowers like a little bitch. Cena has faced everyone, "overcome the odds" countless times, and always been the WWE Superman. In that Segment Superman was scared shitless of Brock, it was brilliant especially since Cena acually sold it. Brock told management, other wrestlers, and the fans to basically screw themselves I am going to do what I want and you cant do a damn thing about it. It is almost like an invasion angle like the NWO was. Sure Brock is weak on the mic but he did better than you guys are giving him credit for. If they book this right and Brock just tears apart the roster and management it will finally give the WWE a true top end badass heel, and whoever knocks him off his perch is an instant megastar, hell you heard it tonight, the attitude towards Cena started changing because Brock is playing the character you love to hate, an unstoppable, arrogant Bully heel. They will probably waste Brock's heat on someone like The Rock but if CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or someone like that knocked him off it would really boost them a lot. WWE has done a good job with this feud because it seems they have a long range plan in mind. To do it right Cena nedds to go through a few tables Sunday and just get his ass whipped. Brock is absolutely perfect for this potential invasion-Takeover possibility.

I find it hilarious that the build to Cena/Brock has been amazing good and then the go home show before the ppv they pull this and throw all this useless stip shit in there lol

I dont understand the hate for the last segment. It was done to build Brock as an absolute monster that people fear. John Laurinitis throws his weight around all show but in the presence of Brock he cowers like a little bitch. Cena has faced everyone, "overcome the odds" countless times, and always been the WWE Superman. In that Segment Superman was scared shitless of Brock, it was brilliant especially since Cena acually sold it. Brock told management, other wrestlers, and the fans to basically screw themselves I am going to do what I want and you cant do a damn thing about it. It is almost like an invasion angle like the NWO was. Sure Brock is weak on the mic but he did better than you guys are giving him credit for. If they book this right and Brock just tears apart the roster and management it will finally give the WWE a true top end badass heel, and whoever knocks him off his perch is an instant megastar, hell you heard it tonight, the attitude towards Cena started changing because Brock is playing the character you love to hate, an unstoppable, arrogant Bully heel. They will probably waste Brock's heat on someone like The Rock but if CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or someone like that knocked him off it would really boost them a lot. WWE has done a good job with this feud because it seems they have a long range plan in mind. To do it right Cena nedds to go through a few tables Sunday and just get his ass whipped. Brock is absolutely perfect for this potential invasion-Takeover possibility.

This post reminds me of the last segment on this week's RAW.

But it was so boring.

That's our problem. We don't believe Brock is to be feared on the mic at least. Brock Lesnar's mic skills are piss poor.

Brinbe

Brock isn't ripping anyone apart. That badass heel went out the window when he spent 10 mins talking about demands and feelings.

Grymm

Banned

I absolutely got that NWO in WWE feeling from the segment. I can see it leading to JLau seeking Cenas help because he didn't realize the poison he was bringing in and the mistake he made.

That said, the whole thing needs more Heyman.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I absolutely got that NWO in WWE feeling from the segment. I can see it leading to JLau seeking Cenas help because he didn't realize the poison he was bringing in and the mistake he made.

That said, the whole thing needs more Heyman.
I can definitely see them forgetting all about this, and this whole segment leading to nothing.

That's our problem. We don't believe Brock is to be feared on the mic at least. Brock Lesnar's mic skills are piss poor.
I get that, I thought the interactions with Johnny Ace were acceptable, the ones with Cena werent so good. That is why he needs to absolutely wreck Cena on Sunday. Cena never really loses, hell even against Rock he only lost due to arrogance. The guy works his ass of anyways so he could use the vacation. The point is Brock wont become a monster through promos, he simply isnt good enough on the mic, but if he has the same intense persona he had in his first run he can build himself in the ring. They need to do this like WCW did with the NWO. Just have Brock, and if the rumors are true, Batista just kick the shit out of everyone. Faces, Heels, Refs, Interviewers, management just everyone. Just dont pull a WCW and never let the babyface get the payoff, still cant believe how Hogan and Bischoff destroyed Starcade 97 with the bullshit finish. That feud built for an entire fucking year and they fucking ruined it. Ok rant over. Kane is the master and commander of the universe.

They only made it 2 out of 3 falls so that Sheamus can brogue kick and pin him in 12 seconds, then go on to win the match in 5 minutes.

Probably true. I see him beating Bryan in like 8 seconds for the first fall and then pinning him with help from AJ in the 2nd or having Bryan win the 2nd and then AJ helping Sheamus win the 3rd. To provide more embarassment to Daniel Bryan they'll probably have him lose 2 falls straight though.

I get that, I thought the interactions with Johnny Ace were acceptable, the ones with Cena werent so good. That is why he needs to absolutely wreck Cena on Sunday. Cena never really loses, hell even against Rock he only lost due to arrogance. The guy works his ass of anyways so he could use the vacation. The point is Brock wont become a monster through promos, he simply isnt good enough on the mic, but if he has the same intense persona he had in his first run he can build himself in the ring. They need to do this like WCW did with the NWO. Just have Brock, and if the rumors are true, Batista just kick the shit out of everyone. Faces, Heels, Refs, Interviewers, management just everyone. Just dont pull a WCW and never let the babyface get the payoff, still cant believe how Hogan and Bischoff destroyed Starcade 97 with the bullshit finish. That feud built for an entire fucking year and they fucking ruined it. Ok rant over. Kane is the master and commander of the universe.
I thought that interactions with both Johnny Ace and Cena were both mediocre. Brock's voice just doesn't fit his threatening physical demeanor. (Similar to Bobby Lashley).

But I totally agree with everything else you've said. A monster Brock Lesnar would make me happy.

Anth0ny

idmoja.gif

Because back then Kane was the kind of pathetic being that would shake Randy Orton's hand, whereas now he's the kind of monster that's a sucker for family reunions.

Ooooooooh. Damn, this Kane stuff is so nuanced. So many layers to unravel, each one more rewarding than the last.

I thought that interactions with both Johnny Ace and Cena were both mediocre. Brock's voice just doesn't fit his threatening physical demeanor. (Similar to Bobby Lashley).

But I totally agree with everything else you've said. A monster Brock Lesnar would make me happy.

It's a shame too, because his expressions and mannerisims are fantastic

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What are you talking about?

*Reads last line*

YOU ALL LEAVE THIS GENIUS ALONE!!!! I GOT YOUR BACK SQUASH!!! YOU DON'T WANT BEEF WITH THE KANE SNOWGLOBE KLIQ!!!!!

Top Bottom