• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Jackson50

I bet you guys are all sorry you're not part of the Cenanation now huh guys?
Cena convinced me he's indomitable. His loss against The Rock was a temporary setback. He'll never shy away from a fight. He'll never quit. I'm now a proud member of CeNation.

jmdajr

Yep. My roommate basically turned into a Cena mark last night, as she thought most of it was Brock being an asshole and not being able to control himself - which is EXACTLY what the WWE wanted people to feel. And she's reasonably educated about wrasslin too. She's not some "peasant" child with a Cena shirt by any means, but man, she was heated with how "unprofessional" Lesnar was and it really pissed her off.

My wife was pretty disturbed as well. She respects my hobby even though it's silly at times, but she did seemed pretty concerned for Cena. Really, great performance. I think lots of people don't know for sure what they really saw last night.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I think we all have to be used to dissapointment from WWE

Plus with all this that happened, I don't want any of you to badmouth TNA Ever EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER AGAINE

Give me a reason not to fex. Give me a reason not to.

Bowser

Yep. My roommate basically turned into a Cena mark last night, as she thought most of it was Brock being an asshole and not being able to control himself - which is EXACTLY what the WWE wanted people to feel. And she's reasonably educated about wrasslin too. She's not some "peasant" child with a Cena shirt by any means, but man, she was heated with how "unprofessional" Lesnar was and it really pissed her off.

See, as I saw Lesnar just pound the shit out of Cena, my only reaction was:

mF6uE.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So let's lay it out on the table. Real simple - thumbs up or thumbs down for the OVERALL PPV - including everything, finishes and all - what does it get from you guys? Only thumbs up or down. Can't mix your response.

Thumbs up.

Kyoufu

Punk vs Lesnar for the title.

Lesnar wins.

Punk embraces the beard. Turns heel.

Cena returns.

Defeats Lesnar for title.

Rock returns.

Gets revenge on Lesnar for what happened all the way back in 2003.

Punk drops epic promo on Dwayne.

---

Book it.

jmdajr

So let's lay it out on the table. Real simple - thumbs up or thumbs down for the OVERALL PPV - including everything, finishes and all - what does it get from you guys? Only thumbs up or down. Can't mix your response.

Thumbs up.

I thought it was awesome. So Thumbs up.

Bowser

Thumbs up.

triple-h-thumbs-down-o.gif

edit: seriously though, besides the main event finish (and my boy D.Brine losing), the card was pretty good. I just thought that was an appropriate gif :p

UberTag

My wife was pretty disturbed as well. She respects my hobby even though it's silly at times, but she did seemed pretty concerned for Cena. Really, great performance. I think lots of people don't know for sure what they really saw last night.
This was one of the most well-booked matches Cena's been involved with in quite a long while to get fans rallying behind him. (Or at least the women, children and Jimmies.)

RyudBoy

Reason why there weren't any boos was because:
1. It was a good match, even thought it wasn't really all that impressive. It was entertaining.
2. Cena took legit elbows as a way to sell the match. And brock took a legit punch. As much as we smarks (and those in the crowd in Chicago) hate the way Cena's booked, you can't hate on a match like that, where two guys decide to work stiff and mess each other up legit for the sake of entertainment.

Yea, I just wonder if they'll show Cena the same ammount of respect on RAW tonight. I don't think he'd be OK with getting legitimately smashed in the face everytime just to get a pop, although clearly that worked. It's gonna be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to him on RAW.

Kyoufu said:
HOLY CRAP

Just watched the Punk/Jericho match.

HOLY CRAP

Fucking AMAZING.

I LOVE PUNK

I LOVE JERICHO

I LOVE CHICAGO

I didn't like their mania match very much. This made up for it so thumbs up from me. However, I felt the Sheamus/D-Bry match surpassed this and was the best match on the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't like their mania match very much. This made up for it so thumbs up from me. However, I felt the Sheamus/D-Bry match surpassed this and was the best match on the show.

No doubt. Sheamus was wonderful and Brine was gonna be Brine!

RyudBoy

I thought Brock was gonna scare the shit out of the two kids decked out in Cena gear. Would've been amusing to see.

Sunflower said:
No doubt. Sheamus was wonderful and Brine was gonna be Brine!

Fa Sho

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Thumbs up.

Despite the short-sightedness of the main event finish and DB losing (Which I don't really mind that much, he's already over.), thumbs up for me. Awesome matches.

People dislike Cena because he never loses and always acts like a smug asshole. That's not going to change so people aren't going to start suddenly liking him. Also the guy puts on a nice guy act in real life, but he seems kind of like an asshole. The guy can tell Vince no, I shouldn't win here. Brock should and Vince would listen and do what he says, but the guy has gone over everyone on the roster to the point where there are no legit challenges to him unless they bring another guy in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People dislike Cena because he never loses and always acts like a smug asshole. That's not going to change so people aren't going to start suddenly liking him. Also the guy puts on a nice guy act in real life, but he seems kind of like an asshole. The guy can tell Vince no, I shouldn't win here. Brock should and Vince would listen and do what he says, but the guy has gone over everyone on the roster to the point where there are no legit challenges to him unless they bring another guy in.

Thumbs up or down, Bobo? I know you're mad, but are you mad enough to let it stand in the way of some good matches?

Brinbe

Thumbs up.
Thumbs up, no doubt. The improved Bryan-Sheamus and Jericho-Punk match-ups alone was worth it, despite the filler and questionable finishes. And Cody/Layla are champs again, can't be upset about that. =)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Lesnar wins.

Cena returns.

Rock returns.

---

Book it.

Where does stone cold fit into these plans?

Linkified

Lesnar wins.

Cena returns.

Rock returns.

---

Book it.
  • That is terrible, Brock should of beat Cena in 5 minutes last night.
  • Have a championship round robin tourney encompassing Over the Limit and MITB PPVs
  • At Over the Limit have Brock destroy one competitor so hes taken out
  • At MITB have the finale of the tourney and have Brock win in 5 minutes.
  • At Summrslam have Brock's first competitive match with Punk, Brock wins WWE Championship.
  • Keep Cena off TV until Survivor Series, have competitive match with Brock
  • Have Rock beat Brock at Royal Rumble for WWE Championship.
  • Have Rock vs Wade, Brock vs Taker. Done

Kaladin

You do realize that Vince reads all of your fantasy booking ideas and files them in the "never gonna happen" file in his head.....right?

jmdajr

Come on man don't get so carried away with the Cena hate. If Cena was that high up on himself he would have never agreed to being roughed up by Lesnar. He didn't have to agree to any of that. I know you hate Cena the character but lets not start getting personal.

Thumbs up or down, Bobo? I know you're mad, but are you mad enough to let it stand in the way of some good matches?

The top 3 matches delivered in the ring, but the finishes dropped them down because all 3 had the wrong winner in my opinion. Still the best ppv since MITB last year. Thumbs up overall, but it's a thumbs up tilted 45 degrees to the side.

Kyoufu

The top 3 matches delivered in the ring, but the finishes dropped them down because all 3 had the wrong winner in my opinion. Still the best ppv since MITB last year. Thumbs up overall, but it's a thumbs up tilted 45 degrees to the side.

Punk is the wrong winner? Why? You don't have him lose when he's defending the honour of his family at his hometown. You silly person!

That and this is a good opportunity to kill the feud. Time for Punk vs
B
Rock

Come on man don't get so carried away with the Cena hate. If Cena was that high up on himself he would have never agreed to being roughed up by Lesnar. He didn't have to agree to any of that. I know you hate Cena the character but lets not start getting personal.

The guy could have said Brock should go over here so it makes the rematch even stronger. Either Cena has no clue how the wrestling business works or he's trying to protect his top spot and never let anyone else get over. Vince has shown he listens to the top guys throughout history.

I am assuming Cena will come out today to talk and Brock will destroy him, leading to time off being taken.

The guy could have said Brock should go over here so it makes the rematch even stronger. Either Cena has no clue how the wrestling business works or he's trying to protect his top spot and never let anyone else get over. Vince has shown he listens to the top guys throughout history.

Or he does how he gets booked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk is the wrong winner? Why? You don't have him lose when he's defending the honour of his family at his hometown. You silly person!

B
Rock

If they were stretching the feud to a trilogy (which was what I assumed) Jericho should have won - but on the other hand, Jericho should not have that belt, which might have got in the way. I'd really like them to end the feud now, but I'm not sure where Punk should go. They can't do Punk v Lesnar, because that wouldn't be credible - people have enough trouble believing Cena was a credible threat to Lesnar, but Punk...I wouldn't be able to take that seriously, I just wouldn't.

Kyoufu

He would at least create a new star for WWE, but of course WWE couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

Yeah but they still have to create Punk. He is over yes but he's not at Cena levels. Needs a legend like Rock to put him over.

Wade needs the WHC on Smackdown first.

If they were stretching the feud to a trilogy (which was what I assumed) Jericho should have won - but on the other hand, Jericho should not have that belt, which might have got in the way. I'd really like them to end the feud now, but I'm not sure where Punk should go. They can't do Punk v Lesnar, because that wouldn't be credible - people have enough trouble believing Cena was a credible threat to Lesnar, but Punk...I wouldn't be able to take that seriously, I just wouldn't.

Why wouldn't you? Punk is the WWE Champion, Best in the World and has beaten Cena on numerous occasions. What makes Cena more credible? His size? This is 2012. Size isn't everyth-

oh, Vince.

Carry on.

B
Rock

Wrong person won, because they are continuing the Punk/Jericho feud. Honestly I'm just tired of the Punk title run at this point. He's become pretty lackluster on the mic and lazier in the ring. It's always better to have a heel champion and a face chasing the heel.

Linkified

Yeah but they still have to create Punk. He is over yes but he's not at Cena levels. Needs a legend like Rock to put him over.

Wade needs the WHC on Smackdown first.

Wade needs WWE championship if they ever want someone other than the transitional heel ala Edge.

RyudBoy

Does anyone still think the rumored Brock/Rock match at mania is gonna happen? I just don't see how that match would work after last night. Rock wouldn't want to get that physical being a movie star and all. Taker would definitely be the right opponent for Brock if they decide to do another shoot-esque match.

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure Jericho doesn't give one shit about losing. He's still going to have more awesome matches and probably lose even more. It's all good for Punk too.

Kyoufu

I too haven't been too big on Punk lately but last night's match was amazing.

So F the haters. Punk is awesome and giving the WWE title to Wade fucking Barrett is bad for both Punk and Wade right now.

Wade is not ready to be WWE Champion, just like Del Rio wasn't ready. He should feud with Sheamus for the WHC instead.

Wrong person won, because they are continuing the Punk/Jericho feud.* Honestly I'm just tired of the Punk title run at this point. He's become pretty lackluster on the mic and lazier in the ring. It's always better to have a heel champion and a face chasing the heel.

*[Citation Needed]

Punk generally looks a little sloppier in the ring than others at his level and always has, but lazy is the last thing I would call his wrestling. His mic skills are only ever there when his character has a clear set of objectives and unfortunately the Jericho program (and the Del Rio one that preceded it) was lacking proper motivation.

Dinokill

If I was the booker this is how the match should have ended.

Brock kicks out!
Brock argues with referee and decked him in the face.
Brock goes back and punish Cena
Brock hits the F5 on cena
Brock pins Cena for the 3 counts but there are no referees near.
Brock elbows Cena one las time in the face and leaves the ring
While Brock is leaving the ring a referee comes out but Brock just not gives a fuck and goes backstage.
The cameranman follows Brock and question him what the hell is goin on
Brock responds "I beat the living shit out of cena. I could care less about winning or losing" and leaves the arena.
Referee declares Cena the winner via forfeit and Cena is taken out in a strecher
End of show.

Hulk Hogan did a new interview talking TNA with the New York Post http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/hogan_set_to_lead_tna_wrestling_Do3zzGXcFS2hjXUVV742zK/0

"Despite his past successes, Hogan’s next move appears to be his biggest gamble.
“We are going to give more power to the fans, make them more involved and more important,” Hogan said. “I can’t say much more, but I can say this, I’m either going to be really right on this one or really wrong. If I’m wrong, you probably won’t see me again because I’ll be hightailing it out of here.”

He also says John Morrison has contacted the company about a job lol

Top Bottom