• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARCADE CLUB: The UK's best kept gaming secret.

Went yesterday and saw the new floor for the 1st time, amazing place is now even better

New floor has a bunch of VR setups, it looked like you had to book in to play the Oculus as they had 2 areas sectioned off, they also had 4 or 5 PSVR set up that anyone could play, so got to try Driveclub and Resi 7 on there.

Theres a bunch of Japanese rhythm games there as well, was watching some guy play the 3 x 3 square button one in amazement

I went a couple of months ago and it is superb. Plus the bar prices are totally reasonable (£2.50 for a bottle of Peroni). Food is decently priced too.

Spent the first hour wandering round saying to my mate, "holy shit, they got that. Holy shit, look at that."

£15 in and everything on freeplay? It's a steal. We were there for about 7 hours and probably only touched 5% of what they had to offer.

Really looking forward to another visit very soon. It's just a shame it's a ball ache to get their by public transport from where I live

Bazry

I went a couple of months ago and it is superb. Plus the bar prices are totally reasonable (£2.50 for a bottle of Peroni). Food is decently priced too.

Spent the first hour wandering round saying to my mate, "holy shit, they got that. Holy shit, look at that."

£15 in and everything on freeplay? It's a steal. We were there for about 7 hours and probably only touched 5% of what they had to offer.

Really looking forward to another visit very soon. It's just a shame it's a ball ache to get their by public transport from where I live

I went about a year ago and the bar was pretty small, so was shocked when this time around they had pretty much every drink imaginable available. I'm a Guinness drinker and never thought they'd have cans of it for sale

Only got a can of Coke and that was 50p, could easily be charging £1 for one which is great that they're not

I went today, took my little lad who is just 6, so I was unable to go to the over 18s floor.

Still, I played some TMNT, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Terminator 2, Street Fighter 2, Soul Calibur, Midnight Resistance, Smash Bros, Double Dragon, Time Crisis, Out Run, Ghostbusters, Gauntlet, Chase HQ 2, Virtual Tennis, Crossbow, Wrestlefest, Sega Rally, PAC Man, and probably others I've forgotten.

Even my son loved it, in particular he loved the Racing games.

All for just £10. Excellent value and a great way to spend a rainy day.

I live around 1 hour away so will be definitely visiting again.

I'd recommend to anyone on GAF, if you are in and around Manchester for any reason? Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Redders

Went on Saturday with my brother and brother in law as it's only 30 minutes from my sisters house compared to a couple of hours from mine.

Fantastic place (thanks to this thread for letting us know about it) paid £15 for both floors and spent around 6 hours there which flew by. Hard to know what arcade games to play so just grabbed random ones.

Tried out VR for the first time and it didn't make me ill which is a plus. Playing Mario Kart on the big projector screen was pretty cool. Wish it was nearer to home as would definitely go again.

Highly recommend it if you have the opportunity to go.

Bazry

I'm going again in a few weeks, going to spend a full Saturday there and have a day of drinking, can't wait

I go almost every Thursday for Manchester Battle Arena's Fight Night.

Lots of fighting game setups and fans there to play Tekken, Marvel, SF, Killer Instinct, KOF, Guilty Gear - it's a great place and the MBA community are great.

Impotaku

Need to get my ass there, not only did i spy a taiko no tatsujin arcade in pics but they also have pop n music & jubeat as well. Now if they had para para paradise & sound voltex i'd die happy.

Top Bottom