• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcadegeddon - $20 Early Access game for PS5 and PC (It's awesome)

Has anyone else played this yet? It just released a couple days ago out of nowhere and it's pretty fantastic. Very basically it's an action shooter game where you do runs through levels killing bad guys getting weapons and doing challenges racking up points. There's a timer (that counts up) so I guess you can try to speed run everything as well. You can't save in a run but there is a midway point where you can stop to buy weapons, refill health etc.

You can play co-op as well though I haven't tried it yet. You can invite friends or just do random match making.

So bottom line is it's ridiculously fun which is the only reason I'm making this thread. I like fun games and this is one of them. Running, jumping, sliding, dodging, smacking baddies with your baseball bat... it all feels good and fun to play.

Here's the PS blog entry for it that i'm sure explains things better than I can:

And a couple Youtube videos/impressions:

Last edited:
Bump. What is this forum smoking? Play this game nowwww. Get in on the ground floor! This could be the next Rocket League or Fortnite type game if they keep adding content. It just needs to be on more consoles and have some Twitch streamers. This is one of the best games of the year so far.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Looks like a Fortnite rogue-like/lite.

That said, I watched about 10min of the first video OP posted. The guy did not seem enthusiastic at all. He even said that although he had fun, he did not feel like anything pulled him towards wanting to do another run. Most games in the genre have this sort of want to go back and do another run and do better, or get a certain loadout, etc, but this game didn't provide any incentive to do that. The gunplay looks pretty good, lots of splatters and explosions though. Probably something to keep an eye on, but definitely not itching to play this right now.

MiguelItUp

Honestly the look of the game, art and otherwise, just feels completely phoned in and uninspired to me. It looks and feels like it's very much trying to get that Fortnite and Fortnite-like crowd. Which ain't me.

I appreciate illfonic though, so I hope it pans out well for them.

Top Bottom