• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3 |OT| Thread of beating up moe moe girls

Flek

Banned
7jl89.png

So here it is the Official Arcana Heart 3 Thread, i know neogaf has a huge beatemup fanbase and i hope many of you guys will also pick up this game. Currently it is only released in Japan but lets just hope that someone will bring it over.

btfcq.png

Basic information

Developer: EXAMU
Publisher: Arc System Works
Platforms: Playstation 3, XBOX 360
Genre: fighting game

Release Date:
Japan - January 13th 2011 [Out Now!]
North America - TBA
Europe - TBA

Story

via wikipedia:

The game's setting takes place in a fictional, somewhat futuristic Japan combined with fantasy elements. In the previous game, Arcana Heart 2, a dimensional distortion occurred in the country's Kanto region, caused by the primordial being known as Angelia Avallone. This event came to be known as the "Great Kanto Incident." The international Holy Spirit Institutions suffered harshly after the "Great Kanto Incident," but restoration has begun and about two months have elapsed.

In this time, a family had received technical assistance during the war in Europe. Now the family has created "The Drexler Institution" to resume its activities around the world. The Drexler Institution was hiding in Japan. Western Europe was devastated by the Office of the Holy Spirit led by Mildred who had since defected. The West Branch of the Holy Spirit Rosenberg Agency had to be completely reconstituted.

Shortly thereafter, a large number of dimensional distortions were observed throughout Japan. "Drexler" is a little unusual and unnatural with its authority behind the scenes too. Japan has embarked on a convergence of the Holy Office to gain control of the situation. They are looking closely into part of an area in Japan that educates several "Maidens". A "Maiden" has begun her activities from the branch in Rosenberg. This newcomer has been given the ability of a "Maiden". With the authority acquired from Drexler, a major order has been given to sink the entirety of Japan after six days.

Cover

03zon.png

Arcana Heart 3 [Suggoi! Limited Edition]

YWrty.png

Limited Edition including:
  • 1 x Arcana Hearts 3 Game
  • 1 x Arcana Hearts 3 Art Work Book
  • 1 x Set of 24 Character Pins

Where to buy

http://www.yesasia.com/
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english
http://www.ncsx.com/
http://www.play-asia.com
https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=

lePfL.png

IQnGi.png

GCNNu.png

Weiss ヴァイス
Sharalachrot シャルラッハロート
Eko えこ
Petra ペトラ
Heart はぁと
Saki 冴姫 or サキ
Maori 舞織
Kamui 神依
Konoha このは
Nazuna なずな
Akane あかね
Zenia ゼニア
Lieselotte リーゼロッテ or リーゼ
Dorothy ドロシー
Catherine キャサリン
Mei-Fang メイファン or 美凰
Kira きら
Lilica リリカ
Yoriko 頼子
Fiona フィオナ
Angelia アンジェリア
Elsa エルザ
Clarice クラリーチェ

6PY1F.png

via http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/

Arcana Gauge

The bar at the bottom of the screen is the Arcana Gauge. Homing Cancels, Guard Cancels, Supers, Arcana Supers and Critical Hearts all use this gauge. When you start a match, you start off with one, and you can gain a maximum of three. When you hit the opponent, force them to block, or have the same done to you, your maximum usable gauge (green) increases. When you use your Arcana Gauge, even after it has increased, it will not reduce but turn red. After a set period of time, it will recover back to its maximum. While your gauge is red, you cannot increase your maximum until it has recovered. If you use up your gauge right in the beginning of a match, you could find it hard to rapidly increase your Arcana Gauge to more comfortable levels. You will refill the maximum amount back to green in between rounds. Abbreviation: AG

Supers

All character Supers and Arcana Supers take 1 bar from the Arcana Gauge. Most supers are preformed with a motion plus the A and B buttons at the same time. Many Supers are cancellable into Arcana Supers. For descriptions of each one, check the character move lists on this wiki as a reference.

Critical Heart

Every character has an ultimate move, their Critical Heart. These attacks require 3 bars from your arcana gauge and do massive damage. Some critical hearts may have prerequisites such as using a move before hand. Also, some critical hearts are broken into parts and can be accessed for 1 bar. Every character has a different motion and set of conditions, so make sure you check out the character pages to learn your critical heart. Abbreviation: XH

For detailed informations about:

• Mechanics
  • Controls
  • FAQ
  • Game Modes
  • Glossary
  • HUD
  • Links
  • Story
  • System
  • Tutorial
  • Arcanas

please visit http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/

Menu Translation

you can find a complete menu translation here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25521873&postcount=66

eXMtT.png

Screenshots:

aimmj.png
7zNJX.png

UKAC1.png
Ctwb2.png

Videos:

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Wallpaper:

grCRz.png

If you would like to play with fellow gafers please post your IDs / Gamertags in this thread like this:

ID - Gaf name

PSN IDs:
fleko - Flek
xero273 - xero273
paquin - Yes Boss!
lyteedge - lyte edge
reIII- reIII
CowieX - Cowie
Amishpriest - amishpriest99
DJKazu2k7 - DJKazu2k7
ReTripleXSoprano - ReXXXSoprano
bistromathics - bistromathics
TimeKillr - TimeKillr
killtheflock - lolmark
zod5000 - doc_zaius
?????? - Yes Boss!

XBOX Gamertags:
S3ar Me - danmaku

Yes Boss!

Really gonna give this one a go. Would like to try online.

Anybody know a good starting character?

PSN: paquin

(going away for a week on business but it should be here when I get back)

Flek

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Really gonna give this one a go. Would like to try online.

Anybody know a good starting character?

PSN: paquin

(going away for a week but it should be here when I get back)

afaik just pick a character you like and then there is some kind of "love system" which helps you if you always use the same character.

Anyway iam from eu to so we can play together ;P And i know some more euro guys (not gaf though) that bought it too.

also

updated psn ids

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PSN ID: lyteedge

Let's play sometime! I'm still searching for a main. Been using Mei-Fang, Catherine, Eko, and loli-Zangief-whatsername.

I find it really difficult to do much with Catherine. Is she at the bottom of the tier list, or am I just missing something?

Tears For Fears said:
No idea why these games are so popular. They play worse than all of the revisions of Melty Blood. UGH
I love Melty alot more than Arcana as well.

That said, I still am interested in this game.

Lyte Edge

Tears For Fears said:
No idea why these games are so popular. They play worse than all of the revisions of Melty Blood. UGH

I'd play Melty Blood if it were available on PS3/360 with BlazBlue-quality online play as well. But it's not.

Dambrosi

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
I loved the first, got a bit burnt by the second and really want #3, although at the minute it's too pricey.

For UK-GAF, HMV have this listed as coming out on the 10th of June and it's only £17.99 to preorder. I think I'll wait until it hits these shores.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSe...yID=0&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0
Despite my better judgment...pre-ordered.

Hey, at least it's cheap. Will play BlazBlue CS and MvC3
and Vanguard Princess
and Ougon Musou Kyoku
and maybe even some SSF4
in the meantime.

Flek

Banned
Xater said:
I am really tempted to get this, but money is tight right now. I also think this might come over.

ah cmon dude buy it … i need some local guys to fight against :D Yesasia just restocked today

Flek

Banned
eternalb said:
I'm going to wait... my hunch is that it will come stateside, but PSN only.

i don´t think that this is going to happen honestly. i don´t see blazblue in psn either ;)

Cypher said:
Any word if the JP X360 version will be region-free?

it isn´t. Ps3 only.

Lyte Edge

Xater said:
I am really tempted to get this, but money is tight right now. I also think this might come over.

I would wait, especially with Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 hitting in a month.

Cowie

Sigh, mine isn't here yet =( Should've splurged for better shipping

Still,

Psn: CowieX

on the East Coast in the US, but the netcode should be good enough that anywhere in the US is playable, no?

Flek

Banned
Cowie said:
on the East Coast in the US, but the netcode should be good enough that anywhere in the US is playable, no?

it has the same netcode as blazblue so i think it should be pretty good actually :)

danmaku

Flek said:
afaik just pick a character you like and then there is some kind of "love system" which helps you if you always use the same character.

It doesn't "help" you with the game, just unlocks different color schemes for the character (it's still not clear how it works) and maybe she'll blush and/or say something different when you select her.

I don't know if someone imported the game on 360, but anyway...

XBLA: S3ar Me

Nazuna FTW!

PSN: DJKazu2k7

this game is so fun! i was initially turned off by the lawlLOLI thing but once you get passed that it's an incredibly fun game

I played some of this tonight at our weekly fighting game night - it's really good.

I hate the anime asthetic but I think i like the game enough to stick with it. I could not say the same about blazblu.

I think I'm going to main petra, I like her ranged attacks and juggles.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Release Date:
North America - TBA
Europe - TBA

oVXn3.jpg

Sn4ke_911 said:
Release Date:
North America - TBA
Europe - TBA

oVXn3.jpg

I think the expense of american voice work alone will keep this from ever showing up in america, unfortunately.

fubarduck

SonOfABeep said:
I think the expense of american voice work alone will keep this from ever showing up in america, unfortunately.

American voices are seriously irrelevant for a title like this. Do you really think the people that want this game here will say "garr I can't enjoy the Moe if Heart doesn't say "LOVE WILL ALWAYS WIN! ALWAYS!!!!!!" This isn't an RPG . . .

The Guilty Gear series' ports never had English and it didn't bother a soul. In fact, as a fan I'm still pissed that Blazblue had English as default when it's way inferior to the JP voice acting.

Picked this up in my last AmiAmi order, though I've been a bit busy lately and haven't got around to playing any yet. I'll try to make some time this week to go for it.

PSN: Amishpriest

Lyte Edge

BTW, who is the dark-skinned girl with the long red hair? An unlockable character? Haven't seen anyone use her if so.

danmaku

Lyte Edge said:
BTW, who is the dark-skinned girl with the long red hair? An unlockable character? Haven't seen anyone use her if so.

It's the puppet that Lieselotte takes out of her suitcase.

lieselotte_ah-588.jpg

fubarduck said:
American voices are seriously irrelevant for a title like this. Do you really think the people that want this game here will say "garr I can't enjoy the Moe if Heart doesn't say "LOVE WILL ALWAYS WIN! ALWAYS!!!!!!" This isn't an RPG . . .

The Guilty Gear series' ports never had English and it didn't bother a soul. In fact, as a fan I'm still pissed that Blazblue had English as default when it's way inferior to the JP voice acting.
English VO is a requirement enforced by SCEA for PS3 games, isn't it?

xero273

Xater said:
Yakuza 3?

Are you sure that game didn't have english dub? I thought it was the 1st or the 2nd on ps2 that had no english dub.

EDIT: Forget what I said. Just took a look at GT review of yakuza 3 and all I heard is japanese voices so maybe we might get AH3 here.

shaowebb

I played this series before. Lots of big air on moves, but the balance was crap. It felt like a really slow fighter because almost every move could knock you over or all the way across the huge screen. This wouldn't be bad if wave dashing or something could keep you right up on someone, but no such luck.

In the end every character had a keep away game and that was about it. I'm uncertain if Arc System Works produced the last one though. Maybe it will be improved. If not, I prefer my fighters far more fast paced on the screen, and this just doesn't cut it.

Top Bottom