• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arctic Blast from Siberia (Polar Vortex) headed our way next week. Temps in -30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin GAF but the trick is to dress in layers. The last arctic blasts I would wear long underwear under my pants and usually two shirts and a sweater under my coat.

Since I'm only a mile and a half from work now I usually walk there. I'll be breaking out some heavier outerwear for next week.

Is long underwear better than Underarmor? I usually wear that under my clothes when I go camping and it gets below 40 at night.

Xe4

Banned
Polar vortex's are so intreting. I've done some reasearch on them in the past, they never fail to amaze me.

Beleive it or not Midwest/NE GAF, because of AGW, you're going to be getting a lot more of these. Have fun!

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
But you have to dramatize to participate in a social circle like that person at parties who doesn't understand hardship.

LA has to find itself relevant despite areas that have worse weather.

Yeah we really don't have much to complain about. We did get to laugh it up at that DC Earthquake a couple years ago.

Reporting in from the deep purple: IT'S FUCKING COLD :[

Bumping myself to give you guys an update. Western Canada here, and it's -24C right now. With wind chill, -34C. For those who prefer dumb units, that's -29F.

It's so cold that as I walked to my car from work, my breath froze on my glasses. Scraped off the ice that my breath made... Off my glasses.

Clockwork5

This is departure from normal temp....not what the forecasted temp is going to be. For example, say the average temp here in chicago is 30 this time of year, the forecasted temp will be -4.....so yes it'll be cold...but not as cold as this map will let you believe.
Yeah it says that on the map.

Also, Chicago is -34 from the normal temperature.

Zackat

FL stay winnin'

except election day
1x

I'm really glad I just bought a parka and boots. I slogged around all last winter in a blazer and some lowtop vans like an asshole. I might even leave the house at some point.

squallheart

From LA here, well the high desert so not much of a change. We are used to low 50s and low 30s at night. I think we might need sweaters though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom