• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arctic Blast from Siberia (Polar Vortex) headed our way next week. Temps in -30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
3ba2fc7d3fd7980d1f02fa85b2a867f957b8f7550cfcda404181bf4923a80ddf.jpg

Lubricus

Please give me snow in Georgia.

Rainfall forecast for the next two weeks. We may get some snow or ice if the temp gets low enough.

During the next 5 days (December 8-12), moderate precipitation (0.5-1.5 inches) is anticipated from Tennessee through the Great Lakes region, which will at least help preclude additional deterioration for the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys. For most other areas east of the Rockies, precipitation amounts are expected to be less than a half-inch. Locally heavy amounts of precipitation (liquid equivalent of 2-4 inches) are predicted for the higher elevations of the Rockies. Most of the expected precipitation for the Pacific Coast states is forecast to fall in areas that are not currently in drought, with the exception of the Sierras where up to 7 inches (liquid equivalent) is anticipated.

For the ensuing 5-day period (December 13-17), odds favor above-median precipitation across approximately the northern and eastern halves of the contiguous U.S., while odds favor below-median precipitation from Arizona eastward to the southern Great Plains, and Alaska.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/Narrative.aspx

fuuuuUUUCK I'm landing in Chicago on the 14th, I'm from Central California so 40 is cold to me

I'd buy a coat if you don't own one. Especially if you got more than a layover. Any temperatures in the negatives + a wind chill is a recipe for frostbite or worse if you're not covered up properly.

Ferrio

Banned
Been hitting -30F/-34C for the past week here, it's sucks so bad. I was moving to a new house during it too, that was not pleasant carrying couches in that weather.

Yeesh, the last polar vortex was one of the few times, as a winter hardened cold-loving Canadian, where it was actually legitimately too cold to go outside.

Fixed1979

Wow, I never see NA maps with my city on it (Fort McMurray). Anyway America enjoy the cold temps, or as we call it here winter...

StayDead

Yet another attack by Russia, this is why those commies can't be trusted! (the conservatives of America)

I wonder if the UK will get the backlash again, I'd love some snow.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Getting to work is going to be fun, lol.

But it's Minnesota, just gotta roll with it at point. I still remember how crazy things got back in 2010 in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Or 2012 in Duluth.

Sheroking

Can't help but lul at all these Californians bitching about 55F.

I'd murder a hobo for it to be 55F where I am right now.

Norfair

LA-GAF we're so fucked. Michigan-GAF, what kind of clothes do you people wear to survive this kind of cold? Can I buy some off of you?

Wisconsin GAF but the trick is to dress in layers. The last arctic blasts I would wear long underwear under my pants and usually two shirts and a sweater under my coat.

Since I'm only a mile and a half from work now I usually walk there. I'll be breaking out some heavier outerwear for next week.

Getting to work is going to be fun, lol.

But it's Minnesota, just gotta roll with it at point. I still remember how crazy things got back in 2010 in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Or 2012 in Duluth.

Yup! The thing here is,we at least have the gear/clothes to handle it.

When I used to live in the South all I had was a light coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom