• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arctic Blast from Siberia (Polar Vortex) headed our way next week. Temps in -30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the inevitable "its cold, no global warming"

CzKqCd5XgAAF4nB.jpg:large

Already got dumped with tons of snow in Manitoba and it's reliably in the mid -10's.

Feels good to have your first winter in the Prairies be utter hell.

Nodak seems to be around average temperatures. Only thing that sucks about this is that I move all my furniture out of my apartment in the 16th into a big trailer. That will be fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of resent this because itll just add fuel to the "climate change is a hoax" fire.

clav

OP misread the article as the thread's title is still wrong.

Clickbait.

Sorry guis, fixed the OP.

You read it wrong. "Temps in -30s." Fix that.

Yes, it'll be cold, and I expect a SoCal GAF thread, "LA GAF, are you OK? There's's a blizzard outside."

Guevara

Trump, outside, with reporters, freezing in NYC, will use the opportunity to talk about the Chinese "scam" global warming.

studyguy

OP misread the article as the thread's title is still wrong.

Clickbait.

You read it wrong. "Temps in -30s." Fix that.

Yes, it'll be cold, and I expect a SoCal GAF thread, "LA GAF, are you OK? There's's a blizzard outside."

55 is actually pretty much where we've been at for a minute. You missed the thread last week where cold winds were blowing trees and semis over on freeways in SoCal but that week aside it's been pretty regular weather.

Holy shit at -46. Is it weird that I want to know how that feels?

e: Stop quoting me: I realized my mistake before most of you pointed it out. See the other posts ITT.

Super cold weather is a very weird feeling. Your breath out freezes, breathing in catches in your throat, and everything hurts.

I was working outside last year during a brutal cold snap for a job in Ohio doing a bunch of soil testing for work. When you're sampling soil (or anything really) you have to switch pairs of gloves between each sample to avoid contamination and about the third time I took my gloves off to put a new pair on, my skin just split along one of the creases on my thumb joint and blood started pouring. It didn't fully heal for like a month. It was nuts.

By all means, send cold air to us here in Charlotte. This mild autumn has been infuriating.

But with the air, please also send snow. Lots and lots of snow. Otherwise, what's the use.

Mortemis

Banned
Does that say 21F for Seattle. Mother fuckers, fuck the cold.

And there probably won't be a single inch of snow with it too. Dammit.

clav

55 is actually pretty much where we've been at for a minute. You missed the thread last week where cold winds were blowing trees and semis over on freeways in SoCal but that week aside it's been pretty regular weather.

But you have to dramatize to participate in a social circle like that person at parties who doesn't understand hardship.

LA has to find itself relevant despite areas that have worse weather.

Ganhyun

As much as we are never prepared for it, I want a good snow storm in the Atlanta metro area so I can work from home for a few days.

Liljagare

Gold Member
As mean temps go up, we will see more of this happening in winter, kinda cool how global warming also means worse winter weather.

Rainy

Banned
Leaving Philly to go back to California on the 16th, but looks like I'll catch some of these low temps. I don't mind.

RBH

Alright started for us today here in Northeast Ohio. High of 29 today and currently snowing.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS. Summer and fall were too fucking hot. I worship the snow and cold weather. Maximum comfy weather.

You deserve the Browns.

studyguy

But you have to dramatize to participate in a social circle like that person at parties who doesn't understand hardship.

LA has to find itself relevant despite areas that have worse weather.

All things being equal we genuinely have had awful weather, working in agriculture proves it enough. Check back two years to a gigantic freak cold snap that killed off a third of the citrus product out here and last year a giant heat wave that burned shit on the vine mid autumn. We've been more or less steady this year but it's been pretty fucking wacky in what's supposed to be a steady climate. Shitsux for job security for me personally. Saying climate change is a hoax to some farmers out here, you might as well get ready to throw down.

clav

All things being equal we genuinely have had awful weather, working in agriculture proves it enough. Check back two years to a gigantic freak cold snap that killed off a third of the citrus product out here and last year a giant heat wave that burned shit on the vine mid autumn. We've been more or less steady this year but it's been pretty fucking wacky in what's supposed to be a steady climate. Shitsux for job security for me personally. Saying climate change is a hoax to some farmers out here, you might as well get ready to throw down.

So depressing to drive through central CA.

Yeah weather does suck for plants involved although we should stop growing water heavy plants here. Profitability shouldn't prioritize over sustainability.

Seems the farmers are immune to drought practices as they are constantly watering.

jfkgoblue

In NW Ohio.

God fucking dammit below zero always fucking sucks, the heating costs alone make it shit.

And it's supposed to snow all week leading up to this which means the roads are gonna be shit cuz they can't salt them in extreme cold.

Dishwalla

Banned
Flying to Boise for Christmas on Wednesday, man I'm going to freeze.

edit: it's 50 degrees right now in Norfolk, but 21 degrees in Boise. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom