• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are lies and emotions more important to women than facts and reality?

Do you think a majority of women prefer lies if lies makes them feel better?

• Yes, they do

Votes: 66 59.5%
  • No, they don't

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • True for young women, but not older women

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • It's true, but it's also true for men

Votes: 28 25.2%

• Total voters

KielCasto

That is in no way exclusive to women. I don’t even think the majority of women are like that. Also, I learned that being blunt isn’t always the best approach when commenting that someone’s gaining weight. Man or woman, you outright say they’re fat and he/she will bite.

Tesseract

Banned
you'd be making a mistake to leapfrog these things to particular genders

people tend to be inward and deluded or outward and lawbreaking, balancing the two requires lots of introspection

most of us rely on some better half to fill the gaps, i'm referring to girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives ...

there are expectations tied to femininity and masculinity, breaking those expectations usually requires strong bonds between the sexes and wanting for confrontation and harsh truth

it's a people problem of pop experiences with permitting expressions --> the kinds of people you surround yourself with and get along well

Tesseract

Banned
Dudes do it too. It's not a gender based concept.

People avoid discomfort when, in reality, they should be doing the exact opposite.
tenor.gif

sensory bombardment is the way

T.v

That's true for a lot of people, not just women. If you want proof that being an emotional little bitch isn't tied to gender just visit gaming side for a while.
A lot of us, probably all of us, tell ourselves little lies throughout our lives to feel better about ourselves. This is exactly why some self reflection is important. We need to spend some time looking inward to keep these lies in check. Because it's easy to find validation for them but that just leads you to a worse place. The more we confront these lies the stronger we get as a person. Is it more common in women? Maybe they're more outspoken about it but nothing I've seen in real life has made me think that.

I don't understand how blatant misogyny threads like this can stay up.

It doesn't need to be blatant misogyny, we can discuss things like biological differences without being cunts but not everyone is. Some people will pretend acknowledging biological differences is sexist but... nah... the trouble does come in when you try to separate what's biological from what's learned and from a person's environment. Does it matter what's EXPECTED of each gender, what influence does that have on development? Though there have been studies of babies and gender preferences like girl babies preferring things that are pink, I'll try and find the study but it's the best you can do to figure out what is more instinctual, biological vs nurture.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
I do think that feminizing culture has exposed more people, male and female, to this kind of behavior and contributed to allowing them to avoid learning self-discipline techniques to curb it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sad M megalaserLAWS reply was deleted. I wanted to laugh more. :(

you'd be making a mistake to leapfrog these things to particular genders

people tend to be inward and deluded or outward and lawbreaking, balancing the two requires lots of introspection

most of us rely on some better half to fill the gaps, i'm referring to girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives ...

If I told a dude he packed a few pounds he'd just call me a homophobic slur. If I told a woman that I'd prob see someone cry/get slapped/go to jail in Canada.

:messenger_alien_monster:

But I agree it depends more on the person itself ultimately.

We are NEVER EVER EVER getting back together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It really should have its own thread, but I think feminism is the biggest manipulation scheme since the second world war. People have been silenced, because if they speak like I do now, they'll labeled sexists. That's how the left works. Label everyone with different opinions so you don't need arguments. I'm sure you've heard this before:

"You have nasty values, so I won't talk to you"

I'm sure you heard this before, but at GAF it's because our motto is "You have stupid values, so we will laugh at you".

The power of the Y chromosome!!!!!!

No. Both male and female are guilty of this. It may just manifest differently because of behavioral patterns.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I don’t know what would you rather know ? the comforting lie or the harsh truth ?

everyone get emotionals. Now and again.

we’re not pissing Vulcans are we.

Just look at the Bethesda thing.
Sony fans believed console exclusives were good. only until MS brought out Bethesda now they don’t want accept what they used to believe.

Nintendo fans such as my self want to believe deep down EA/Ubisoft/a majority of third party devs still cares for us. But the truth is they don’t.

they don’t.

this song is dedicated to those who don’t give up hope.

TBH I think the truth carries more weight. But it’s how the truth is delivered that matters more.

you can still tell some you don’t like X
and not crush them, it’s just the way you phrase it.

if we were to be 100% brutally truthful with everyone and honesty blunt. Yeah it wouldn’t work.

I’m talking humanity in general.

otherwise the planet would look like everyone was Alan Partridge with Aspergers.

I’ve had three hours sleep. So I don’t know if I’m making sense

Last edited:

notseqi

Emotions play the biggest role, they birth lies. I do believe it's mostly not on purpose but it is there.
Men become 'stoic' because they have to, unless they want to remain unfuckable, and explode when the emotions run too high.
Women want to feel a certain way and are allowed to, but have to acquiesce to different societal norms that rarely put them in check.

Shit's weird, man.

TheContact

I don't think this is specific to gender. Some people are comfortable living in a false reality and other people aren't.

Sybb

Banned
I don't think this is specific to gender. Some people are comfortable living in a false reality and other people aren't.
The reason I think it's more common among women is because they're more emotional. And the more emotional you are, the harder it is to look at reality for what it is. Emotional people tend to create their own reality, when the real reality doesn't match their emotions.

Top Bottom