• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are lies and emotions more important to women than facts and reality?

Do you think a majority of women prefer lies if lies makes them feel better?

• Yes, they do

Votes: 66 59.5%
  • No, they don't

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • True for young women, but not older women

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • It's true, but it's also true for men

Votes: 28 25.2%

• Total voters

Jada_Li

Banned
I would definitely describe myself as one with a high emotional intelligence. I despise being lied to, and despise mind games. However, I love heartfelt communication with the goal of self-expression and understanding different POVs even though I may not agree, but couldn't care less about immaturity.

There are plenty of men and women who don't seek acceptance outside themselves because they love and accept themselves first and foremost to even care about trying to get it from others. Some men and women are insecure and this may be why they like to hear such false claims and live in their own fantasy. The human psyche is quite complex and this has nothing to do with gender. But just how mature has each human grown into the better or best person they can be...or not.

Jada_Li

Banned
teezzy teezzy

It depends on the individual and there are so many factors that contribute to whether some will self-love or self-hate. In reality, many allow society, or more so an “unforeseen force that manipulates the masses on a large scale”, to rule over how people should think, how people should feel, and what people should be doing.

Though not everyone is caught up in the “matrix” and is able to distinguish reality from fiction. Therefore is free from being concerned with things that are superficial and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

teezzy

Banned
teezzy teezzy

It depends on the individual and there are so many factors that contribute to whether some will self-love or self-hate. In reality, many allow society, or more so an “unforeseen force that manipulates the masses on a large scale”, to rule over how people should think, how people should feel, and what people should be doing.

Though not everyone is caught up in the “matrix” and is able to distinguish reality from fiction. Therefore is free from being concerned with things that are superficial and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I love this forum. Thank you 🍆

Kenpachii

This is something I noticed throughout my life. Women don't want to hear the truth IF the truth makes them feel bad or sad. If that's the case, they much rather listen to a lie, even if they know it's a lie. For example, they have a fat body, and they can't stand someone pointing that out. However, if you tell her "every body is great in its own way", she knows it's a blatant lie to make her FEEL better, but she still wants to hear it.

Likewise in politics, especially young women can't discuss facts or reality, if facts or reality goes against her emotions or ideology. For example, she sees a dead immigrant child washing up on shore. Instead of making rational decisions in the country's best interest, she just can't control her emotions and requires that ALL children must have a safe pass from now on. Cost? She doesn't care (she isn't paying anyway). Social impact? She doesn't care. Will these immigrants be well integrated into society? She doesn't care. The single only thing important for her is to calm her emotions, and the only way she can do that is by letting all children in.

I've grown up my entire upbringing with an extremely emotional mother. I didn't understand it back then, but now I understand she actually cannot control her emotions. It's impossible for her. That is, it doesn't matter what you say. She MUST do the things she FEEL. Period.

Do you think that this is something that is more common in women than men? And especially young women?

It is. woman are far more emotional than guys. I saw this my entire lifein every single one of them. Everything revolves around feelings / drama instead of rational thoughts. It doesn't matter how much u try to talk them into rational thoughts it devolves straight back into feelings again.

For anybody that disagree with it, go sit next towards a group of girls somewhere even a birth day party and hear what they talk about when they don't have kids yet. And then sit next to a group of guys. Totally different behavior.

Top Bottom