• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are sandals feminine?

Which of these effeminate clothing items do you wear?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

People who think that sandals and socks are a fashion sin are weak, y'all need to get on the next level.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Strap between the toes is fine.

Anything wrapping the heel or other areas of the foot (or higher) is where the grey area starts.

If the sandals are bedazzled you've gone too far.

Best rule of thumb: shop in the men's section.

Ecto311

Maybe just me but open foot shoes of any kind for dudes makes them look wimpy as shit. Like wearing jammies out in public in the middle of the day. Dude shit might get fucked up and if you have to do drastic shit with your feet you are fucked. Run after a bad guy? Nope. Kick in a door and shatter glass shit? Not really. Ride a motorcycle through a fire? Yeah have fun with those burnt ass feet. At bare minimum wear some super breathable new balance or thin shoe like converse.

People who think that sandals and socks are a fashion sin are weak, y'all need to get on the next level.
True, it's been a regular occurrence during fashion week for some time.

Maybe just me but open foot shoes of any kind for dudes makes them look wimpy as shit. Like wearing jammies out in public in the middle of the day. Dude shit might get fucked up and if you have to do drastic shit with your feet you are fucked. Run after a bad guy? Nope. Kick in a door and shatter glass shit? Not really. Ride a motorcycle through a fire? Yeah have fun with those burnt ass feet. At bare minimum wear some super breathable new balance or thin shoe like converse.
But this is a good point, a man should be ready to address conflict at a moments notice.

What the hell kind of weirdo thinks sandals (fucking sandals!) of all things are codified as being female-wear? Sandals are the most unisex thing I can think of.

Maybe it's a local thing? If I see a man with sandals I think "oh temperature must be >45 again".

Sandals are great. (Except strappy sandals that dig into your foot, fuck those) Let noone tell you what to wear.

"Strappy sandals" are the only kind of sandals. Maybe you're not thinking of the right word. Sandals are not flip-flops lol

Makonero

Flip flops are fantastic for lazy folk like me.

Sandals are uncomfortable.

I don't think they're naturally feminine though. Just buy men's sandals.

ironmang

Never got the love for sandals when not at some place like the beach. Less comfortable than any sneakers I've owned and it's especially unpleasant when someone steps on your foot. Just seems all downside.

ascii42

I grew up in Florida. In my area, I was pretty unusual for rarely wearing sandals or flip flops. Never associated them as being a masculine vs feminine thing.

KraytarJ

Sandals aren't feminine, they're ugly. They're okay to wear situationally but if you're just in leisure time when you're nowhere near a beach then put on some shoes and cover your fucking feet.

Biske

-GZA

So temps are rising and the sidewalks are heating up, and the time has come to select seasonally appropriate footwear. However, I am concerned about projecting the wrong image, and thus have avoided the open and flagrant display of my heels and/or toes in public. I am concerned that my perspective may be outmoded in this modern age, and turn to gaf for insight.

In the spectrum of footwear masculinity <----> femininity, where do sandals fall? On the masculine side (cowboy boots, dress shoes), feminine (stilettos, flats) or somewhere in the middle (crocs, Nintendo sneakers)? And is their placement on this spectrum reliant on their design (flip flops, slides, gladiator etc)? Please advise.

Manliness is not giving a shit what people think of you. Be yourself bro.

highrider

Banned

It's just you.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Course not.

Anyone can wear sandals.

Just take care of ya feet pls. Don't want your dogs talking more than you do.

Sandals aren't feminine, they're ugly. They're okay to wear situationally but if you're just in leisure time when you're nowhere near a beach then put on some shoes and cover your fucking feet.

nah fuck that. ill wear anything that doesnt make my feet sweat in the heat of the summer.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Lots of insecure people in this thread. I love just slippin on some gym shorts and sandles. Easy and comfy.

DarkKyo

I'm a 29 year old underachiever who walks around town in old vidya game t-shirts and ripped jeans.. you think I give a shit if you don't like my cheap leather sandals? They feel good to wear in the summer so why not. Actually my sandals broke awhile ago from wearing them too much and too hard so I need new ones.

Phu

Banned
This thread is literally the only place I've ever heard this problem.

Everyone wears sandals/flipflops and nobody cares as long as you don't wear socks with them like a weirdo.

I think they're pretty gender neutral, and personally I think anything other than flip flops look kinda stupid, especially with pants. If it's hot enough to rock mandals, then it's hot enough to wear shorts.

I was at microcenter and this shlubby looking dude was wearing hiking sandals with a bunch of straps all over them, while also wearing a polo and khakis. That was the same microcenter where I saw a guy in khakis and a button up rocking those toe shoes that are shaped like feet. I see a lot of ugly footwear at microcenter.

Every picture in this thread is trash style in this century

qwZ6RSR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom