• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do adults who wear Crocs not realize they look like a laughing stock? An epidemic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I can't take seriously any adults who willingly choose to put these on their feet as footwear:

sj_greencrocs.jpg

They come in a variety of colors, ranging from black to bright fluorescent orange and even tie-dye. I've even seen stores selling "Jibbitz" (usually at the cash register) which are these godawful little trinkets like fake jewels and animal paws you can insert into the Croc holes to decorate them
puking2_zpsf824d4f1.gif

jibbitz.jpg

I'm not even going to talk about the Winter Croc
crocs558506_284118_lg.jpg

These horrid "shoes" are okay for kids up to the age of like 3 or 4. I've heard that Crocs were really meant originally solely for gardening which I can kind of excuse.
But do the adults who wear these as part of their daily outfits to go out or even to work not realize how ridiculous they look? I mean FFS I work in an office and I see people wearing these to work with their chinos and work slacks (how they haven't been banned @ work yet is beyond me).

Crocs are an eyesore. Crocs are gross, I don't appreciate hear the squeak of sweaty feet against rubber in the summer. Crocs are NOT shoes, because I can't clean REAL shoes by running them through a dishwasher. Crocs are an abomination against humanity.
I don't know how widespread the Croc epidemic is in other countries, but here in Canada where I am, I see them everywhere, especially downtown. Almost always on adults, not kids.

Is there an uglier "shoe" in existence? I think not.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
comfy. indestructible. ugly as hell.

i wear them around the house, fishing, and camping.

Mariolee

Eh. I agree that they look pretty ugly but I don't give a crap if people choose to wear them or not. It's not affecting me in any substantially negative way, so why should I? Seems like a weird thing to get worked up over.

What does this mean? What adult cares if their shoes are ridiculously ugly?

Most, probably.
An adult likes what they like and couldn't care less what someone else thinks about it. There's nothing adult about passing on some shoes you like because someone else might not like them.

Tarkus

hosher, pitals banned Crocs due them being a breeding ground of bacteria and death
Not true. They were banned because the vent holes provide no protection from dropped needles or body fluid spills. You can still wear them as long as they have a solid outer surface and some sort of heel coverage.

PhineBuyM3

I hate them only because there was this one kid in high school with whom I used to constantly clash with(mostly arguments and sometimes physical). He was a Lil Wayne dick rider, always acting and dressing like him and he was the first person I saw with crocs. It was an affront to my existence, I use to carry a basketball around in HS and had to fight the urge to throw square in his face. Anytime I see someone with crocs, I associate them with that jackass and get riled up.

Azulsky

The ones with the rigid soles arent bad for doing yardwork.

I could never really wear them casually, they get hot. I always prefer thong sandals.

Dharma

Neo Member
I love mine. You wont find anything more comfortable for your feet - Plus I dont care what people think of me wearing them as I'm no longer in highschool.

I don't think I understand the design. Is it for people that want sandals but fear stubbing their exposed toes? Is it perceived as more "formal" than having your toes exposed?

Zoc

I only wear them when I'm boating, for which they're a godsend. Otherwise I hate them, they are just as bad here in Japan as anywhere else.

Also, to all the Croc-hater-haters: some people care about how the world around them looks, hate seeing ugly things, and lament falling standards.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What adult gives a shit?

Um, the kind with self respect?

What does this mean? What adult cares if their shoes are ridiculously ugly?

Most, probably.

EXACTLY! ;)

Why are you suddenly offended 10 years later?

suddenly? I've hated them since their inception

Seems like a weird thing to get worked up over.

LOOOL ok relax, I'm not running around town setting people's feet on fire if I hate their choice of footwear. It's just that Crocs in particular are so beyond hideous, I just don't understand how anyone with eyesight would choose to wear these

Crocs are awesome.

sure, if you're talking about these ;)

250px-NileCrocodile.jpg

CREMSteve

I don't think I understand the design. Is it for people that want sandals but fear stubbing their exposed toes? Is it perceived as more "formal" than having your toes exposed?
They're excellent for wearin in the water without having to worry about them falling off like sandals.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Good if camping, crossing a stream with sharp rocks, staying in a hostel, etc. They are easy to wash.

Dinokill

I wear them inside my house and when going out to do some quick grocery shopping. I don't give a flying fuck what you think, OP.

Evilisk

I like wearing them, even during winter. I guess it's just because I'm lazy and don't like wearing shoes, but I usually wear them if given the chance. They're pretty useful too at the beach unlike normal slippers. I don't see anything wrong with wearing them.

That said, I agree with OP that if it's for something for work, they should be wearing something a bit more professional.

TxdoHawk

You're close to a decade late on hating this trend, OP.

We're past the "fad" phase, now pretty much the only wearers left are people with no self-respect left in the tank, the kind of people who will wear cut-off jorts and stained sweatpants/sweatshirts in public. So basically: You're fighting an impossible battle.

potam

Banned
There was a time in my life when I didn't really care how I dressed. I would regularly wear my mom's crocs that she left by the back door out to the store. Dark times.

edit: in before tag quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom