• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do adults who wear Crocs not realize they look like a laughing stock? An epidemic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a restaurant/hospital job or something similar, sure. But just don't wear them on the weekends.
For weekend I usually use sandals at home, something like this:
mens-aetrex-largo-adjustable-walking-sandal-brown-398295_200_45.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
comfy. indestructible. ugly as hell.

i wear them around the house, fishing, and camping.

I know a ton of hospital workers wear them because they find they are comfortable and rather indestructible for 12 hour shifts with little to no breaks. See people all the time with them on at my finacee's work.

daevv

I have 3 pairs of Crocs and no fucks given about what people think I'm wearing while doing things around the house or running errands.

If you don't like someones shoes why don't you go up to them and tell them so. See how well that works out for ya.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I have 3 pairs of Crocs and no fucks given about what people think I'm wearing while doing things around the house or running errands.

If you don't like someones shoes why don't you go up to them and tell them so. See how well that works out for ya.

What colors did you buy, bro?

Atruvius

I have a pair of dark blue Crocs but I only wear them I take out the trash. Crocs aren't very good shoes, they're loose and hurt my skin if I wear them with out socks.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I have a pair of dark blue Crocs but I only wear them I take out the trash. Crocs aren't very good shoes, they're loose and hurt my skin if I wear them with out socks.

lol, my significant other bought a pair for the same reason. Just to take the trash to the curb through wet grass and mud.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm at work so I cannot post pics but I have two pairs of these brown ones for around the house or at the cottage: http://www.crocs.ca/crocs-baya/10126,en_CA,pd.html?cid=200&cgid=men-footwear

These for everywhere else: http://www.crocs.ca/crocs-hover-slip-on/11291,en_CA,pd.html?cid=26L&cgid=men-footwear

I know someone who had orange. I've seen green and black, and probably even pink.

I didnt know crocs made anything but those terrible sandals, so the ones your wear outside aren't that bad.

draetenth

Eh, I don't think they look ugly. They just look too bright and flashy for something I would wear, but hey if people find it comfortable to wear I say go for it. I don't really look at what people wear anyway...

I'll never understand crocs and people's obsession for them or how it grew so popular. However I dont judge people on them even if I think they are gross and hideous.

Eh, you probably won't find anyone that cares about shoes or fashion wearing Crocs in public.
Not true in the slightest. The croc fad swept through my area a couple years back but thankfully it has since died out for the most part.

Croc clones cost like 5 or 7 euros, are comfortable, and easy to put on and take off. What's not to like? Okay, I mostly wear them when hanging outside, taking the dog for a short walk or cutting the grass etc. But people are free to use them as they please.

hokahey

That's good most you croc lovers at least pretend like you don't care what people think, because most of us really do think you look ridiculous.

.Q.

Neo Member
I wear crocs to work in an office. They look like this:

1vUQVHn.jpg

Maybe I'll go and get a pair of the loud clunkers just to piss off OP, though.

My husband has a pair for wearing with his scrubs at the dental practice. They don't have the holes in the top though - you don't want to drop a needle or an instrument into your foot.

They remind me of the Jellies fad when I was a little kid.

Jelly shoes are back in fashion, actually! I had some as a kid, and I'm almost slightly kinda tempted to get a pair...

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Maybe you don't care what other people think but I am still secretly gonna judge you for wearing them.

jts

...hate me...
I don't own a pair, but these are really good comfy utilitarian shoes. Great to just put them on and do some backyard work.

Ugly tho. Society is not prepared.

Bodacious

Banned
I used to hate Crocs as much as OP. Then I tried them.

My preferred Croc now is the 'duet sport.' If you currently wear the 'classic' Croc, I highly recommend you give the duet sport a try - it's more comfortable and the soles are super thick and don't wear out as quickly. I've found the sole on the classics tends to wear out from friction over time, leaving a thin bottom that can deliver hard impacts to the foot in city walking. Not with the duet sport.

Of course, this is assuming you choose your casual footwear based on the happiness of your feet, and not the happiness of other people.

w91vEeH.jpg

bidguy

Banned
do you wear those with socks on ? i dont find them comfortable either way.

look fucking ugly aswell. i dont judge people who wear them though thats just silly

Konka

Banned
I used to hate Crocs as much as OP. Then I tried them.

My preferred Croc now is the 'duet sport.' If you currently wear the 'classic' Croc, I highly recommend you give the duet sport a try - it's more comfortable and the soles are super thick and don't wear out as quickly. I've found the sole on the classics tends to wear out from friction over time, leaving a thin bottom that can deliver hard impacts to the foot in city walking. Not with the duet sport.

Of course, this is assuming you choose your casual footwear based on the happiness of your feet, and not the happiness of other people.

w91vEeH.jpg

By that logic I should wear sweat pants and an oversized tshirt everywhere.

I find it funny how much humans love to judge other humans just for being comfortable.
Part of life.

OT. Its not just crocs, but open toed shoes generally. I think men should stop wearing these, because they make men look like dorks. Open toed shoes are for women, the beach, and when you're going outside the house for no more than five minutes. Otherwise, I tend to think men who wear these shoes are incompetent when it comes to fashion. Nobody wants to see your nasty ass man feet. At least women have the decency to get pedicures.

Zombine

Banned
I try not to put people down and make them feel bad for something they may really enjoy. Do I have a taste for them? Nah. But I don't have anything against people that like them. I hear they're pretty comfortable when you're working on your feet for a long time.

For weekend I usually use sandals at home, something like this:
mens-aetrex-largo-adjustable-walking-sandal-brown-398295_200_45.jpg

Man, I used to wear those all the time growing up. So many blisters. These are my personal favorite at the moment:

Hurley-Phantom-Free-Sandal-Black-White.jpg

FLAguy954

When you have a job and spent most of the time doing the same stuff over and over every day you want to stay comfy.

You say that but crocs (the rubber ones) are pure shit when it comes to comfort. Reebok and Nike's jogging shoes do a much better job of providing comfort than those cheap ass excuses for foot protection.

000227068-1.jpg

Cheap-Nike-Free-5.0-V2-Black-White---1-520.jpg

I can't take seriously any adults who willingly choose to put these on their feet as footwear:

sj_greencrocs.jpg

They come in a variety of colors, ranging from black to bright fluorescent orange and even tie-dye. I've even seen stores selling "Jibbitz" (usually at the cash register) which are these godawful little trinkets like fake jewels and animal paws you can insert into the Croc holes to decorate them
puking2_zpsf824d4f1.gif

jibbitz.jpg

I'm not even going to talk about the Winter Croc
crocs558506_284118_lg.jpg

These horrid "shoes" are okay for kids up to the age of like 3 or 4. I've heard that Crocs were really meant originally solely for gardening which I can kind of excuse.
But do the adults who wear these as part of their daily outfits to go out or even to work not realize how ridiculous they look? I mean FFS I work in an office and I see people wearing these to work with their chinos and work slacks (how they haven't been banned @ work yet is beyond me).

Crocs are an eyesore. Crocs are gross, I don't appreciate hear the squeak of sweaty feet against rubber in the summer. Crocs are NOT shoes, because I can't clean REAL shoes by running them through a dishwasher. Crocs are an abomination against humanity.
I don't know how widespread the Croc epidemic is in other countries, but here in Canada where I am, I see them everywhere, especially downtown. Almost always on adults, not kids.

Is there an uglier "shoe" in existence? I think not.

I question the sanity of people compelled to make a thread about how other people's footwear bothers them.

The dishwasher thing sounds great.

I have a co-worker who wears crocs nearly every day to my office. Surprised he gets away with it. We have a lax dress code, but still.

ItIsOkBro

I'll never understand crocs and people's obsession for them or how it grew so popular. However I dont judge people on them even if I think they are gross and hideous.

Not true in the slightest. The croc fad swept through my area a couple years back but thankfully it has since died out for the most part.

Are you telling me, people in your area, wore crocs, to be fashionable?

Carcetti

I have a pair of brightly colored crocs as beach shoes. But I guess I'll have to get rid of them now that some teenager on internet doesn't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom