• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there actually any games that have BOTH balanced melee combat and gun combat (i.e. a hybrid between a third person shooter and action game)?

CitizenZ

Banned
I think Outriders did a pretty good job and i see someone posted about Space Marine. Holy shit there are literally dozens of WH games every year, and we cant get a sequel? fuck me.

Tschumi

Cyberpunk 2077, fighting is really fun if you dive into the bouts, being able to shuffle around really elevates it... I have no problems with shooting, it too gets pretty wild one you dive into it

Tschumi

True Crime: Streets of LA,
I loved this one but to be fair the shooting was.. well, lock on and button mash or hold shoot for a super slo mo shot..

But maybe you'd be referring to all the new moves etc you could buy, in which case yeah I'd agree it was pretty fun/deep

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Uncharted is just canned melee cutscenes essentially lol.
Uncharted 4's melee combat is contextual so it changes depending on if you're near a wall, rail, the edge of a cliff, etc it's pretty damn amazing, same for other ND games to a lesser extent

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Kid Icarus Uprising has melee attacks. It's not a very deep system as the focus is on shooting but you still have combos with your range weapons and even a stinger attack. It's also the only TPS I can think of that has gameplay based around invincible dodging which makes it feel much closer to Bayonetta than Gears, modern Resident Evil or even Warframe.

Legit one of the best games ever.

Melchiah

Let It Die

It's a Souls-/roguelike with both type of weapons, and offers a plenty of variety on both sides. The two-handed projectile weapons, like assault/sniper rifle, magnum, bow, and M2G-87, offer aiming, whereas one-handed use lock-on, like flame wand, nail gun, crossbow, and pitching machine. The viewpoint moves closer when you're aiming, and stays farther like in Souls games when you're not.

Top Bottom