• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are upcoming Xbox games developed with 360 BC in mind?

Chris_C

I'm wondering whether I'll be able to play Justice League Heroes on my 360, I mean surely their thinking of BC during development right? It makes sense that they'd want to expand their potential market right?

GCQuinton

As much as I'd like to think they are, I honestly don't see it happening considering the attention they've given it so far. Multiplatform games and FFXII are the only reason I'm still hanging onto my PS2 at this point.

Gigglepoo

Chris_C said:
I'm wondering whether I'll be able to play Justice League Heroes on my 360, I mean surely their thinking of BC during development right? It makes sense that they'd want to expand their potential market right?

I didn't even think of that. I've been ignoring this game since it's "last gen" and all (I don't even own my Xbox anymore) but I may play it if it's BC. Of course, if it doesn't offer online co-op...

Aaron

Chris_C said:
Up to MS, but Lego Star Wars II had it, so anything is possible.

GCQuinton said:
As much as I'd like to think they are, I honestly don't see it happening considering the attention they've given it so far. Multiplatform games and FFXII are the only reason I'm still hanging onto my PS2 at this point.
I sooo glad ps3 BC is hardwired, I was kind of wondering the same thigns about upcoming xbox games, but I figured MS wasn't really keeping up that well on that front

Funny, I thought Justice League Heroes as soon as I saw this thread. I scanned the Snowblind forums and one of the Snowblind guys said he was hoping MS would make it possible. Another poster pointed out that Dark Alliance II is BC (I'm assuming the game uses the same engine?).

daegan

Chris_C said:
{thread title}

:lol :lol :lol

That's a good one.

(No, not upcoming XBox games. Though that is one in and of itself.)

I would think that someone is getting in the way of this - that's the only explanation I can see. I just wonder if it's MS or devs.

soul creator said:
Lego Star Wars II and Spy Hunter: Nowhere To Run both had BC updates for them about a week before they came out, so who knows.
Also the new Spyro has been on the list for a while and isn't out yet
EDIT: oops, already mentioned, anyway, I hope JLH works as well.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
soul creator said:
Lego Star Wars II and Spy Hunter: Nowhere To Run both had BC updates for them about a week before they came out, so who knows.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey did too.

If the XBox games coming out were masterpieces or they were bargain prices like $20, that's one thing but I personally think it's waste of my $50~60 bucks to buy a XBox game at this point with all these great 360 games coming out.

Top Bottom