• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you ready?

Eh... Bethesda makes mediocre RPGs that are fun sandboxes. If they are still using that same old engine at least we know the game will have good modding support.
I had more fun in skyrim and fallout 4 messing around with mods than actually playing the games as intended.

d338958ff2bc814159af16dffa99bf00.gif

To reach for the stars?

We are approaching HYPEmosphere. Buckle up buckeroos.
2021 is the year of STARFIELD.

What engine upgrades or gameplay mechanics would you like to see in a hard-scifi game?
How should planet/space exploration look like?
How do you think will they use gravitation in Starfield. Will it be a gameplay mechanic?

So many answers, maybe we find out soon :)

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
well someone has to since all I see is negative and edge comments lately whenever Bethesda is being mentioned. It's like one tries to be "cooler" than the other with their shitty drive by comments never to return again (until another Bethesda related topic comes up)
I really appreciate your enthusiasm!

You are right to believe in them.

But what do you expect from others when you put out arguments like...

without their old ass engine we wouldn't have the biggest modding community in the world nowadays.
It is not the biggest and not an excuse for bugged games!
They've made substantial engine upgrades between F4/76 and now. Since Fallout 76 they also have more QA tester than ever before.
It is still a very dated development tool and even these "substantial" upgrades do not bring it up to modern standards.
What does the amount of QA testers has to say about the quality of their games?
Fallout 4 wasn't a shitty buggy bethesda game at launch.
That is not very objective! The game has / had game breaking bugs. So did Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3.
sucks to be you then
Even if you didn't had any game breaking bugs, others had.
Ignoring this will not make their games any better.

Last edited:
Jesus the replies to this thread have lowered my IQ by several points. Why the negativity and cynicism towards Bethesda? I know Fallout 76 was hot garbage but last I heard the updates have improved the game by leaps and bounds. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & 4 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I for one I'm super excited for Starfield. Even though we know nothing about it, making Starfield has been a dream of Todd Howard for decades. This is the one game he really wanted to make and I believe he will really deliver. And we know the modding community will step up if something is half assed, specifically now that mods are also available for consoles. I can't wait to see the game in action.

Starfield

Bethesda Softworks team will schedule time to create the character within 3 months of 2/28/2021.

giphy.gif

*marketing drums awaketh*

Last edited:
Top Bottom