• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane: Redfall Playtest Image leaks

More info about the game:

• Gameplay style/loop is very similar to Borderlands
  • Seamless openworld compared to the likes of BoTw and Ghost of Tsushima
  • Can be played solo or co-op
  • 6 Playable characters to chose from
  • Each character has a unique hero ability
  • Game can be tackled stealth or guns blazing
  • Get XP from killing enemies and doing missions (theres side missions)
  • There are bossfights in the game similar to bosses of Borderlands
  • Size of the map is similar in scope to Fallout 76 or Ghost of Tsushima
  • Mix of traditional weapons like rifles and handguns, and also more unique stuff like a Stake Launcher.
  • Enemies are a dynamic mix of ranged, melee, vampire, and human.
  • There are NPCs, but not AI partners replacing human co-op like in Left 4 Dead. Closer to Borderlands or Assassin’s Creed NPCs.
  • Its got a very “modern gothic” tone overall. Horror-inspired but not a horror game in and of itself. If you’re familiar with Vampire: The Masquerade, imagine that, but Vampires have taken over the modern-day environments openly.
  • A single large worldspace with locations containing main quest events, random enemy encounters, side quest chains, and one-off missions. There are fast travel points dotted around the map, as well as “safehouses” that are similar to the rest areas with health and ammo vending machines in Borderlands.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
ron swanson computer GIF

yurinka

I accidentally clicked somewhere an sent me to the next imgur post, I prefer it over the Redfall one, it's the goodest boy:

This clearly looks very early in development.
Yes, it's clearly a pre-alpha/first playable build to playtest gameplay stuff before they implement all the shiny visual stuff etc. But according to MS it's supposed to be a 2022 game.

Expect to see the game visuals in the final game looking way better than this. But not in 2022.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
This clearly looks very early in development. Ya'll are really gonna judge this game based off of that? Have any of Arkane's recent games looked that bad? C'mon.
That's exactly what I was going to say especially on leaked pictures of a games.If they were officialy puvlished by MS like they were proud of it, then it would be worrying.But this is just pre alpha footage,I managed to download that Dead Island alpha or pre alpha (I don't remember) and it was ugly as fuck.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Multiplayer game with bad graphics?

There's literally never been a great multiplayer with bad graphics, ever. It's never happened once. No exceptions.

WizeVibez

Banned
Alpha as hell and retarded to make a judgement on it at this point.

If it can give me even a quarter of the feeling Evolve gave me, then this will be one of my favorite games the year it releases.

Dane

How the fuck this got leaked? No way someone would leak a prototype like this with the Desktop username on the view without having some warranty that it would be on developer's fault.

obviously not meant for our eyes.
More info from it leaks it could be a good game looks rough right now cause it not final yet.

• Mix of traditional weapons like rifles and handguns, and also more unique stuff like a Stake Launcher.
  • There are NPCs, but not AI partners replacing human co-op like in Left 4 Dead. Closer to Borderlands or Assassin’s Creed NPCs.
  • Its got a very “modern gothic” tone overall. Horror-inspired but not a horror game in and of itself. If you’re familiar with Vampire: The Masquerade, imagine that, but Vampires have taken over the modern-day environments openly.
  • A single large worldspace with locations containing main quest events, random enemy encounters, side quest chains, and one-off missions. There are fast travel points dotted around the map, as well as “safehouses” that are similar to the rest areas with health and ammo vending machines in Borderlands.

Will be a lot of fun with my gamepass buddies.

Hopefully it won't be delayed.

Next year fall we will get not 1 but 2 Arkane games back to back.

T0minator

This clearly looks very early in development. Ya'll are really gonna judge this game based off of that? Have any of Arkane's recent games looked that bad? C'mon.
Only point in really comparing these two is the fact that they will probably release around the same time next summer. They have around the same time in development left. So, overall, it wont change much more than god of war will

T0minator

Sure thing. It won't change much more:

xMJp5wI.png

It will look like this at release. Right...
That tree and grass detail wont be outrageously more detailed. the lighting will be better the sharpness will improve but we're not getting a huge jump from this by next summer. It'll most likely be fun

Leo9

That tree and grass detail wont be outrageously more detailed. the lighting will be better the sharpness will improve but we're not getting a huge jump from this by next summer. It'll most likely be fun
This is a next gen exclusive title. I don't think it's going to look worse than Prey or Dishonored 2, but I guess we'll see.

T0minator

This is a next gen exclusive title. I don't think it's going to look worse than Prey or Dishonored 2, but I guess we'll see.
QwGDsNm.jpg

Arkane isn't the most detailed oriented studios, so I can see how it wont improve too much more. Improving yes, considerably? no

martino

Dont like the look of it but if this manage to mix systemic desgin to looter shooter in an open world i will try it.
Sadly i dont see systemic mentioned for now.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member

More info about the game:

Well, I think it sounds somewhat better than the absolutely awful reveal trailer made it look. But the bolded? They're trying to do "modern gothic" + "comedy" + "looter shooter" in an seamless open world? Sounds like a fucking mess to me. The tone presented in that trailer was absolutely horrible; the humour was cringe, it undercut any attempts at atmosphere, and the characters designs sat on the same shelf as the recent Saints Row debacle. They've got an uphill battle to sell me on this, that's for sure.
Looks like another fucking shooter.
From Arkane, a company that makes first person shooters?
bun6.jpg

kiphalfton

I really wish it weren't a "co-op shooter". Usually that means it's gonna be a sucky experience for anybody playing solo, as these type of games (Dead Island, Borderlands, Wolfenstein Young blood, etc.) are built around co-op and the focus on making it an enjoyable solo experience is ignored.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have faith that this will be great. I need a co op game which I can just jump on with the crew. Should start with Back 4 blood on gamepass soon but thus sounds like it could be dope. I want boss fights etc and Arkane design/ gameplay.

kyussman

When Microsoft purchased Bethesda my first thought was well played Phil Spencer,now you own Arkane I'll need an Xbox next gen for sure.....and now this is their first game under you.....yuk!

Top Bottom