• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane's next game may be announced on The Game Awards

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Didn't I read that Redfall was down as a GAAS game before Microsoft acquired them? Hopefully it's Dishonored 3 with a SP focus.

Yep. From the sounds of it, they were told to make a GaaS game.

If Microsoft allows Arkane to do what they’ve been known for, there’s some hope.

Everyone saying Dishonored 3 are likely correct.

But if that's the case, it is being fast tracked than games that were supposed to be announced earlier.

Q1FweXH.png
It’s Microsoft’s fiscal year 2024 Q2 now as I understand it. So Dishonored 3 would be right on time. It’s just everything else that’s been delayed (ES6 in 2024 lol)

Everybody wants Dishonored 3 but nobody even bought Dishonored 2.
Dishonored-3 is a bad business proposition especially in these "colored cheerful" graphics era.

New long SP IP please. Play to your strength.
Dishonored games definitely had disappointing game sales given how good they were. Gamepass should help alleviate that concern. It is very cool that forgotten franchises can find new life because of Gamepass

FYI, I have never owned an Xbox. But if Gamepass makes it easier for studios to develop more niche games then that is a win for gamers

ZoukGalaxy

Considering all the recent fails from them, and how they seems totally out of touch with their public and knowning that a lot of people from the core teams of their precious "success" left, I have absolutely no faith in their next project.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Sorry Arkane, not sorry at all.

Last edited:
D2 was made without Colantonio and its a great game with great atmosphere.
Thanks for pointing out, I apparently had the wrong impression that Colantonio also directed D2 since he left in 2017.

Dishonored 2 has better gameplay and level design, I'd argue the even art style is more distinct thanks to engine change, but D1 still has better atmosphere and story arc and characters imo.

A few years ago, this would make me happy.
But after the MS acquisition and Redfall, my hopes are very, very low.

Don't care. Arkane has proven to be a shell of its former self without Raph Colantonio.

Considering all the recent fails from them, and how they seem totally out of touch with their public and knowning that a lot of people from the core teams of their precious "success" left, I have absolutely no faith in their next project.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Sorry Arkane, not sorry at all.

Yeah, this is where I'm at as well. They've been corporatized, lost their founder, and don't seem to understand what made their earlier games successful. Arkane has to earn my trust, and money, back.

Ywap

Every Arkane game up til Prey was amazing. I truly hope they still have personell that´s capable of that level of quality for the next title.

Me hoping for Dishonored 3.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'd rather see a new game than another Dishonored or Prey. At least show that Redfall was a true anomaly.

If these bums wanted some positive sentiment prior to releasing their next game (after Redfall debacle) then they should update Dishonored 2 for 60 fps for current hardware. Seriously, what is wrong with these companies? They're supposed to be passionate about gaming, right? Supposed to be proud of their games? Why wouldn't you want that game to be played at a good framerate then now that people have upgraded to better hardware, especially considering 60 fps is such an easy thing to do.

GtA6 has stirred up my annoyance towards these kind of studios as RDR2 is still stuck at a sluggish 30 fps. These games would play so much better at 60 fps and these devs know it.

Buggy Loop

Weren't Dishonored 2 sales bad?

Like yeah, I'm glad we have devs still giving us immersive sims even though its not the popular thing, but I do wonder what they can shake up in Dishonored 3 to grab the attention. I'm in either way as I don't need convincing for that genre.

kiphalfton

Arkane's next game may be announced on The Game Awards.

Rumor is saying Arkane Lyon's next game. Lyon = Dishonored / Deathloop.
Arkane Austin = Prey / Redfall.

Somebody go back in time and fix history so the striked out shit doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Yeah this should be Arkanes redemption arc. You have ms money blanket and the game dont even need to sell much. Full on Dishonored 3 with Punished Corvo & Emily.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How do you know they don't want to make a GAAS?

They never wanted to in the first place. Zenimax wanted an online multiplayer live service game. Arkane hoped Microsoft would step in and kill the project, and that never happened because Microsoft was hands off.

Hence the reason several veterans of Arkane left.

Only publishers want GaaS, so they can milk players. Look at the backlash at Sony.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Microsoft about to output a logo reveal trailer just so people get excited for something that is not coming any time soon.

episode 4 insult GIF by Star Wars

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
No matter how many times I try and want to like deathloop I just cannot. The gameplay is just so unbelievably average to me. I do hope it clicks one day with me as I want to like it but think it’s a lost cause.

Everybody wants Dishonored 3 but nobody even bought Dishonored 2.
Dishonored-3 is a bad business proposition especially in these "colored cheerful" graphics era.

New long SP IP please. Play to your strength.
I bought Dishonored 2 and I love the series.

Same with Thief 1-3. Too bad reboot was awful.

Anyways I would be down for some D3. Since I'm bulding a PC slowly. Shame it won't be on PS5. But it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They never wanted to in the first place. Zenimax wanted an online multiplayer live service game. Arkane hoped Microsoft would step in and kill the project, and that never happened because Microsoft was hands off.

Hence the reason several veterans of Arkane left.

Only publishers want GaaS, so they can milk players. Look at the backlash at Sony.
I'm gonna need to see some receipts because this sounds like bogus anti GAAS narrative that gets spread around way too easy.

Also, Arkane Austin and Arkane Lyon are 2 different teams.

Melon Husk

Prey 2, PLEASE. (I realize some key people may have left the team but still.)

It's probably Dishonored 3, 4 and 5.

StueyDuck

Oof I dunno about those blade rumors... you'd really want a platinum Games or team ninja doing some blade game.

Dishonored doesn't scream blade to me. Hoping it's either some prey sequel or dishonored 3 as other rumors say

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm gonna need to see some receipts because this sounds like bogus anti GAAS narrative that gets spread around way too easy.

Also, Arkane Austin and Arkane Lyon are 2 different teams.

The acquisition gave some staff at Arkane hope that Microsoft might cancel Redfall or, better yet, let them reboot it as a single-player game
The report (which I highly suggest you read all of here) talks about how Arkane was confused about being asked to make a multiplayer game in the first place, which did not lend itself to their traditional style of gameplay. It was also the plan for several years during its development that it was going to be a live service multiplayer game with microtransactions.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

The acquisition gave some staff at Arkane hope that Microsoft might cancel Redfall or, better yet, let them reboot it as a single-player game
The report (which I highly suggest you read all of here) talks about how Arkane was confused about being asked to make a multiplayer game in the first place, which did not lend itself to their traditional style of gameplay. It was also the plan for several years during its development that it was going to be a live service multiplayer game with microtransactions.

I ask for a receipt.

I get a Paul Tassi article referencing a Jason Schreier article. Two people with 0 credibility.

If you read that article, it's filled with the vaguest accusations that do a good job spreading FUD, but do a terrible job of providing context, adding detail, or generally offering clarity on the situation. This is by design. It's their whole schtick.

It's all just blurry words ("some people") that are used to chum the waters to get clicks. The anti GAAS crowd, which is a huge amount of people online, will click on an anti GAAS story and believe it without hesitation.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't a first person Blade game. Outside of VR, I'm starting to like first person games less and less.
Give me a bad ass 3rd person Blade game!!! not dishonored in a trench coat.

Rickyiez

Save them? Why do they need to be saved? Death loop was a pretty darn good game. Was it not a game of the year nominee? I thought it sold well too.
Didn't their games had lukewarm sales despite being good? (except Redfall) Like Dishonored 2 didn't even hit the first one numbers. I personally love the Dishonored series but I imagine Redfall would set them back heavily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom