• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane's next game may be announced on The Game Awards

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Redfall DLC?
Lets Go Wow GIF by FaZe Clan

Zuzu

They really need to deliver after Deathloop and Redfall. I don't care what the critics said, Deathloop was an average game. I'm finding more and more critics to be poor at analysing and understanding good gameplay design and writing. Anyway, they need to go back to their fundamentals and make a stealth based immersive sim which has no GaaS or Rogue-like elements/gameplay mechanics.

New ip please.

Would rather they make Prey 2 but that is Austin game.

I love Dishonored series but new ip would be preferable.

And content drop for Redfall please. Will start it but it needs to have a ton of stuff to do first.

Roni

Gold Member
A Deathloop with several more solutions to the loop would be cool. I dropped the game after figuring out the solution. If there had been more solutions, I would've stuck with the game longer.

Godot25

Banned
Everyone saying Dishonored 3 are likely correct.

But if that's the case, it is being fast tracked than games that were supposed to be announced earlier.

Q1FweXH.png
Colantonio (Arkane founder) told in interview that Deathloop was supposed to be "stop-gap" project for studio before Dishonored 3 so it seems like they were working on the game alongside Deathloop.
Otherwise I can't imagine game being out sooner then 2025-2026. And I really hope Microsoft is not stupid enough to announce game that has 2026 release year when they have fuckton of already announced project that are desperate for new info like Perfect Dark, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Indiana Jones etc.

Last edited:
The title really should be edited to Arkane Lyon. They had nothing to do with Redfall. Their last game was Deathloop and it released September of 2021. And Their next project is probably releasing sometime in 2025. Probably just a CGI announcement trailer

mdkirby

Either would be great news. Assuming they can regain their past magic, which I’m not 100% confident they can. But fingers crossed. I hope the leaked new xbox sebile controller releases prior to them tho as a better analogue to the dual sense.

I really fucking wanted a sequel to Prey because that game was nuts. After shit sales and the team getting gutted...I'm good.

I still think Deathloop gettings 10s was fucking baffling whwn Dishonored 2 exists. I swear, some reviewers don't even understand mechanics and shit anymore and review solely based on their goofy "experience" with characters, story and what not. That game was especially shit early on as someone who bought Day 1. The AI was totally busted and reviewers were like lol masterpiece bro.

Top Bottom