• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS - Introducing Lola Pop - Nintendo Switch

Rafavert

Kinda small detail, but her name sounds like both Soda Pop and Lollipop.

As someone who works with languages, I find that interesting =p

mas8705

The reason it's Ninjara instead of Max Brass is because Ninjara can actually teleport lol

Well now I just feel dumb for not thinking of that sooner... >_<

eE8Yd6f.png

GokouD

I think if anything Lola Pop is an alt/rival to Helix, she has a similar way of moving, can change shape and has goo and guardian arms, all of which are unique to him/it.

Metal B

Arms team has been dropping character art and Story bits on social media about ARMS. Chains is likely Ninjara's protege. Twintale result of someone cloning Twintelle via her hair. Coil is likely Dr. Coil. Sweet ended up being Lola Pop. Max Brass was advertised as Spring Mans rival while Loli Pop has been advertised as Ribbon Girl's rival. Many have speculated that all 10 original characters will get a rival character. Which would be in line with how some prototype names sound similar to existing characters.
I guess, that "Plant" will be the rival of Helix, so that they have a nature vs artificial creature theme (and both are properly green).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Looks like we have an answer about the nationality of Lola Pop. Her stage is called "Via Dolce", which is Italian for Sweet Street.

https://armswiki.org/wiki/Via_Dolce

She's some kind of hybrid Latin-European-inspired character then. Italian stage, French/Italian themes, French expressions, accordions... Heck, some people are even saying the stage theme sounds a bit like flamenco, so I guess she's Spanish too? Can't say whether that's an accurate statement or not, but she's definitely a mishmash of influences.

Rafavert

Just noticed something curious:

w7yo9GF.png

Aside from these symbols, there was one more I failed to get, but it's Lola's icon (as seen on her shield)

What are these? The rightmost one seems to be ARMS' symbol. No idea about the two others, though. New manufacturers...?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The name "Biffler" for one of Lola Pop's weapons is so unfortunate if you're French. "Biffle" is slang for "dickslap" (as in, slapping someone with your penis) in French, so a "Biffler" literally means "dickslapper" lol.

Doorman

Just noticed something curious:

w7yo9GF.png

Aside from these symbols, there was one more I failed to get, but it's Lola's icon (as seen on her shield)

What are these? The rightmost one seems to be ARMS' symbol. No idea about the two others, though. New manufacturers...?

That symbol on the left definitely looks like a teapot. My initial thought was "Oh this might be Plant's logo for later!" but....it could just be a logo of a teapot. Lola Pop's home stage involves a street lined with candy shops and cafes, after all. I'm trying to tell myself not to read too much into it for now.

Neiteio

Gamescom footage of NOE reps explaining Lola Pop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yR5DXXMowo

She looks REALLY fun. Well, except for the fact I play with traditional controls and I find it tricky to click in the stick to block, which is how you inflate her on the ground. But man, her inflation gives her crazy mobility.

It seems she can move toward (or away from) her opponent while guarding, scooting around at walking speed. She can also dash multiple times while inflated, and once inflated she can jump higher, returning to normal. Also, she inflates when she air-dashes, which will deflect incoming hits, similar to Min Min's kick. She can pop back to the ground and bounce off it by inflating, as well.

Neiteio

So is this correct?

Block on ground --> Continue moving while guarding

Jump while blocking --> Super-high jump

Air-dash --> Inflate mid-air, deflecting first incoming hit

Block in air --> Drop quickly to ground

Psxphile

Is that MinMin and Mechanica on the lower left?
EDIT: lookalike Min Min, she has a normal arm so must be a fan... the other one though...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Biff owns a side business of selling pastries too. Too bad his store is beside Lola's.

Top Bottom