• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcellere

Season 4 might not be the end of the series after all:

Here's news that will brighten your day, "Arrested Development" fans: Ben Stiller is joining the long, long list of returning guest stars to reprise his role of magician Tony Wonder. The rival of Will Arnett's GOB appeared in Season 2's "Sword of Destiny" and briefly in Season 3's "S.O.B.s," and now he'll be back again in Season 4, Entertainment Weekly reports.

Don't think Season 4 will be the end of "Arrested Development's" revival, either. Despite the recent news that CEO Reed Hastings said Netflix doesn't "anticipate being able to do Season 5, 6 and 7" of the series, representatives for the company are singing a different tune.

"We're hopeful there will be more seasons," a Netflix spokesperson tells HitFix. "By no means is this the end of it. We're definitely planning to do more with them. We have first rights, so it's not like you'd see it anywhere else. We're absolutely hopeful there will be more."

The spokesperson adds that Hastings was likely referring to the difficulty of getting the various "Arrested Development" cast members together to shoot episodes. "I think we all knew it was lightning in the bottle that we pulled it all together," the rep says of the upcoming 14-episode Season 4.

Keep in mind that Mitch Hurwitz and Jason Bateman also have hopes for an "Arrested Development" movie.

"There's a big story that the showrunner wants to tell; this guy Mitch Hurwitz, this smart guy. And the story was too big to kind of ... every time he'd try to fit it all in one movie, it wouldn't work," Bateman said recently. "So he decided to put sort of the first third of it in these episodes we have shot that are going be on Netflix in May, and Act 2 and Act 3 will be inside a movie that we will do later."

"Arrested Development" will debut on Netflix at some point in May. Make sure you catch up on the first three seasons with our "Arrested Development" Rewatch, where we at Zap2it take you through every episode of the cult comedy from Season 1's "Pilot" to Season 3's "Development Arrested."

big ander

so yeah pretty much what we got out of reading into the hastings comments: it's not that Netflix isn't interested in more, it's that getting the cast/crew together again again will be hard.

Sorry if repost but this is just too good:

yIlTj6I.jpg

I saw another one my fb feed, googled image and got this from Entertainment weekly. Apparently its called something like a reunion cover series and is done for charity...not even sure if its real or Photoshop trickery

- NY Mag: Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter on 5 Classic Lucille Bluth GIFs

Fun interview, plus guess who else is coming back?
Few things put a smile on Lucille’s face, and Walter remembers feeling pretty giddy about getting to squeal for Gene Parmesan’s fantastically horrible disguises. “First of all, Martin Mull, who plays Gene, is so adorable,” she said. “I did like getting to smile and scream. You know, there’s something very little-girly about Lucille. I don’t see her as any kind of a villain. She gets excited about these surprises of his because I believe that’s how she’d react!” Walter revealed that she recently got to channel Lucille’s girly side once more. “Gene comes back,” she said. “He’s in our new season. He fools me again! I couldn’t wait to film that episode, truly.”

Where's the goddamn trailer already? How long before release did House of Cards get one?
House of Cards trailer was out in mid-November for their Feb 1st release date, so I'm not sure why they're lagging behind on announcing Arrested D's premiere date and putting up a trailer.

Mariolee

House of Cards trailer was out in mid-November for their Feb 1st release date, so I'm not sure why they're lagging behind on announcing Arrested D's premiere date and putting up a trailer.

I'm having a hard time imagining what a good Arrested Development commercial would even look like.

A little news round-up from SXSW:

'Arrested Development' At SXSW - Mitch Hurwitz, Jeffrey Tambor and Will Arnett Introduce First Clips (VIDEO). Ugh AOL's streaming service is fucking terrible. I can't see if they show the clips in that Q&A because it keeps freezing.. i've tried it on different browsers too. I doubt they do show the clips though.

And since I can't seem to watch that video, I found a related article to what was shown:
“The first clip is an outtake, which I think will become an intake,” Hurwitz announced. Spoilers (LMAO):
"It was a five-minute, nearly wordless scene between Buster and Lucille that was pure Arrested Development bliss. I won’t say what happens (if that’s even the right verb), but Hurwitz himself glossed the scene very nicely: mother and son are “doing what they do best: almost kissing.”

For those worried about all the older characters coming back:

If the buzz over the first season of House of Cards is any indicator, the Netflix model will work very well for a sitcom with a near-evangelical following. Hurwitz stressed that he wouldn’t abuse this model by trotting out old jokes—at least not lazily. One writer asked whether “all the secondary characters” would be coming back. Hurwitz ruminated.

“Saddam Hussein — a funny guy.” (Incredulous laughter.) “I’m just saying, he has good timing. He’s at William Morris, I’m at William Morris.” (More laughter.) “We wanted to avoid doing a greatest hits. But there will definitely be rewarding little things for fans.”

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...evelopment-braintrust-clears-up-series-m.html

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
A little news round-up from SXSW:

'Arrested Development' At SXSW - Mitch Hurwitz, Jeffrey Tambor and Will Arnett Introduce First Clips (VIDEO). Ugh AOL's streaming service is fucking terrible. I can't see if they show the clips in that Q&A because it keeps freezing.. i've tried it on different browsers too. I doubt they do show the clips though.

And since I can't seem to watch that video, I found a related article to what was shown:

For those worried about all the older characters coming back:

It's not your browser. Or AOL's streaming service, for that matter. The video itself is fucked up.

Zebra

We were told this comes out in the spring right?

Well it's the first day of spring, do we still not have a release date?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
There's going to be jokes about how GOB's hair looks so much better in this, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom