• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Watched a couple of random episodes last night and this show is just so dense with layered (meta)jokes and callbacks. I think I'll do a(nother) complete rewatch of the series before the new season hits (which is when again?)

I have been filling the gap with Archer. It has many of the same AD actors doing voice-acting and it feels very, very similar to Arrested Development in the way it approaches humour.

Ron Howard said:
Today I'm doing @ArrestedDevelopment narration from NYC. Portia is cracking me up pic.twitter.com/sdL0P8lRGu

BGd35MVCEAA9kph.jpg:large

Ron Howard said:
Great to see these @bluth guys in a 2 shot again

BGd-YJbCQAEhKi_.jpg:large

Minor bit of news (hah, as if). WARNING:minor plot spoiler: An interview with Ron Howard and Brian Grazer has revealed a plot bit for one of the new episodes and perhaps a hint at the overall arc of the revival series:
The in-universe film about the Bluth family has either been made or is in the process of being made, and there is a scene involving Ron and Brian as themselves along with Michael in an elevator at a fictionalized version of Ron and Brian's own production company, Imagine Entertainment.

I was thinking about starting a RTTP thread of doing each original run AD ep one by one each each up until the release, but unless we get a release day announcement soon (assuming it's still may) the numbers wouldn't quite workout. Maybe one season per week up until the release? God I would love seeing some new people's reactions to the show on an episode by episode basis, though, live vicariously through those first brief AD virgin moments. If there was one show I could have completely erased from my memory it would be AD for this one reason alone.

Though I still am gonna try to limit myself to at least one episode of the new season per day. As awesome as HoC was, I really wanna take some time to savor this one for all it's worth, especially considering that there is a hopefully unlikely but still real possibility that this will be all we end up getting. Also, who's got ideas for the eventual OT? Has anyone claimed it yet? I've never done one before but if there was ever one I'd wanna do it would be this one. Even the OT tagline alone is gonna require weeks of brainstorming to get something truly worthy of the occasion.

What can a hardcore european fan do to get this ASAP? Apart from the obvious illegal way.

I just know i'm getting spoiled if i have to wait for the DVDs.

What can a hardcore european fan do to get this ASAP? Apart from the obvious illegal way.

Do you have a credit card?

With http://www.unblock-us.com/ you can access Netflix (I think there are free alternatives too, but this one has the most options).

And then you can sign up with a credit card on the US Netflix, I think with a fake US address, but not sure.

mclem

No joke. Netflix just saved my company thousands of dollars in productivity. We were all going to take the day off to watch

Now, instead, you're not going to do any work on Monday as you all talk about it.

It's coming to Netflix Europe. Presumably fairly rapidly.

Edit:

Netflix has finally revealed exactly when we’ll be able to get our new Arrested Development fix: May 26, 2013 will see the debut of 15 new episodes of the Mitch Hurwitz-led series, which will go live in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics as of 12:01 AM Pacific Time.

Same day, same time, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom