• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we somehow get another season out of this I really hope they can get around these schedules better. Just on a basic level, I don't see how that can be even somewhat fun to film.

ivysaur12

Banned

From what I've heard, that's a pretty gross exaggeration. Buzzfeed just did an article about this -- it made it seem like the green screen elements were specific and contained to mostly secondary characters and a main character. I have no idea how that end up.

Basically, the ADs and the post department of Arrested Development are doing things that have never really been done before.

If we somehow get another season out of this I really hope they can get around these schedules better. Just on a basic level, I don't see how that can be even somewhat fun to film.

No one is in first position for Arrested Development, that's what makes it so tough. Even if they do get another season (which is a huge question mark if that's even feasible), it'd be the same schtick.

From what I've heard, that's a pretty gross exaggeration. Buzzfeed just did an article about this -- it made it seem like the green screen elements were specific and contained to mostly secondary characters and a main character. I have no idea how that end up.

Basically, the ADs and the post department of Arrested Development are doing things that have never really been done before.

I doubt it seems too strange, as it's green screen, they obviously had a stand in for Michael/Lindsey to look at, or whichever two characters. Still, it'd have been nice to have everyone together for longer. I'm also hoping for an everyone in 5th season rather than a movie.

kirblar

I doubt it seems too strange, as it's green screen, they obviously had a stand in for Michael/Lindsey to look at, or whichever two characters. Still, it'd have been nice to have everyone together for longer. I'm also hoping for an everyone in 5th season rather than a movie.
Archer records all its dialogue separately and edits it all into an insane final product where you'd never know it- this is just that on TV.

ivysaur12

Banned

They won't. It'll be the same thing again if we do get a 5th season. Which may not even even happen. This was born completely out of the love for the show. Like, the Assistant Directors who set the schedules for the actors are doing things that have NEVER been done before in television.

Will Arnett's show just got picked up, so he'll be gone 3 days out of the week as its a multicam. Onion News looks good at Amazon, which would kill Tambor's schedule. And then you have Bateman and Cera's film careers. Portia will inevitably get a pilot (she has for the past few seasons) and playing a numbers game, she's bound to get on one that gets picked up.

It's not going to be easy to do this again. They might as well try to do a 2 hour film if they can get everyone together.

Archer records all its dialogue separately and edits it all into an insane final product where you'd never know it- this is just that on TV.

That's a pretty silly comparison, though. That's how animation works and that's what animation is built on. Part of sitcoms is the ability to riff and improvise off of other actors. That will inevitably lost in the green screening, though it doesn't seem like it was a widespread practice.

Socreges

Banned
Hype train stalling as it nears the station...

High hopes, low expectations. That's what I'll practice for the remaining days.

But guaranteed there are going to be a TON of disappointed people. Even if it's great stuff. I'm thinking it might be underwhelming for many at first, but will be better on repeat viewings.

Oh my god, I just saw the first tv commercial for the new season on Cartoon Network.

Aweeeesome.

Hype train stalling as it nears the station...

High hopes, low expectations. That's what I'll practice for the remaining days.

But guaranteed there are going to be a TON of disappointed people. Even if it's great stuff. I'm thinking it might be underwhelming for many at first, but will be better on repeat viewings.

Yep, Even for fans of the show, first watchings of AD are typically underwhelming as jokes set up jokes later, not to forget that a ton of this content is just setting up jokes for the potential movie/new series. I'm afraid too many people are going to be expecting to have their sides hurt laughing, when for this format that's not completely the case.

oatmeal

Banned
From the Guardian article...

As you can probably ascertain from the above hyperbole – and there will be a lot of hyperbole in this piece, all justified – I am very much part of the minority. I can't remember when I first saw Arrested Development but it has been a rare week (or day) since that I have failed to watch at least three episodes on my now worn-down-to-the-nub box set. That person in the corner barking out catchphrases such as: "I think I've made a huge mistake," "Her?" and, of course, "Come ON!" – no, that's not some teenage boy, that would be me, adult woman me

Super fan.

Dereck

I don't understand why Maeby kissed George Michael twice in the season 2 finale. Through the whole season 1 and 2 Maeby made 0 romantic advances, verbal or physical towards George Michael. Then George Michael says something nice then it comes out all of a sudden. Did I miss something?

MMaRsu

Banned
I don't understand why Maeby kissed George Michael twice in the season 2 finale. Through the whole season 1 and 2 Maeby made 0 romantic advances, verbal or physical towards George Michael. Then George Michael says something nice then it comes out all of a sudden. Did I miss something?

Why is this in spoilers for fuck sake the show has been out over 7 years COME ON.

But in all seriousness, George Michael is just a really nice guy, and I wouldnt put it past maeby to have feelings for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom