• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is new. On nextflix when you click on Arrested Development they changed it up. It is now somewhat like House of Lies. It has the cast with character bios.

Yeah, it's been that way for a long while now.

Also that's awesome about the Banana Stand! I wonder if the Money's in it...

big ander

don't think we had these yet: Individual Premiere Interviews. at least, the article was published today and I don't remember red carpet video, just pictures and reports.

EDIT: Okay yeah I think pretty much all of this was in post-premiere recaps so if you read those carefully there's no need to watch the interviews. But I enjoyed them for 1) Alia and Michael riffing 2) Jessica Walter being the best person.

I may have spotted a slight plot hole, but given how all the fans are extremely well-versed on the way the show works I'm sure I'm missing something.

So it's apparently a tradition to wreck the banana stand every Christmas and Michael rebuilds it every time, he never found the money hiding in there lining the walls in previous years? And the money wasn't destroyed/lost in the many dips in salt water over the years?

I may have spotted a slight plot hole, but given how all the fans are extremely well-versed on the way the show works I'm sure I'm missing something.

So it's apparently a tradition to wreck the banana stand every Christmas and Michael rebuilds it every time, he never found the money hiding in there lining the walls in previous years? And the money wasn't destroyed/lost in the many dips in salt water over the years?

We never learn when the money went in.

J.W.Crazy

George Sr. could have moved the money every other time they did it if he knew it was coming. That year Michael had already burned it so there wouldn't be any thing to find.

There's always money in the banana stand.

Was waiting for this answer! :D

Here's a Mr. Banana Grabber sticker for you :D

sticker,375x360.png

Recon

Banned
Anyone have the banana grabber logo that had a saying about making your banana stand? I have been looking for that and cant seem to find it.

Was walking through Leicester Square after catching Star Trek Into Darkness and there was a big ol' Arrested Development thing going on.

The Banana Stand was there and you could line up and get your photo taken in it. The line was pretty long so I didn't get a chance to do it myself, but it was definitely cool to see the thing itself - and how popular it was!

Divius

Was walking through Leicester Square after catching Star Trek Into Darkness and there was a big ol' Arrested Development thing going on.

The Banana Stand was there and you could line up and get your photo taken in it. The line was pretty long so I didn't get a chance to do it myself, but it was definitely cool to see the thing itself - and how popular it was!
I though the Brits just loved to queue.

Pretty cool! At least you got to see it :D

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

I noticed this too. Maybe it was recently moved there.

TUSR

Banned
Judging by the rumblings of the internet and how frequent I see AD articles/posts everywhere. This is going to be a tremendous hit for Netflix, and I could see them finishing the series with the movie to cover acts 2/3 of "Season 4"

DJMicLuv

Just finished re-watching series 1-3 of AD and it was as great as ever, every rewatch gives another batch of jokes I missed before. Fantastic.

A couple of questions that I may have missed the answers to in the show...

Does Kitty still have GM Sr's sperm?

What happened to Starla? She just sort of disappeared.

Another point. Would it be possible, in the future, to produce 'directors cuts' of the first 3 series? Does anyone know if the footage still exists and if it does has Netflix got the rights to produce them?

I'd also love to hear full commentaries on all the episodes as the few that were done for the series 1-3 DVDs were great fun and it'd be interesting to hear the rest of those series be commentated on especially with so many years past.

Roll on Series 4.

TUSR

Banned
Just finished re-watching series 1-3 of AD and it was as great as ever, every rewatch gives another batch of jokes I missed before. Fantastic.

I believe so
According to Bateman: "...Bateman jokingly gave away a crucial detail in the development of their secret love affair. "They have a kid," he said. "I don't know if that's a spoiler. There's two children, actually."

Minor minor character

Another point. Would it be possible, in the future, to produce 'directors cuts' of the first 3 series? Does anyone know if the footage still exists and if it does has Netflix got the rights to produce them?

Releasing the footage would requite some legal work I believe

I'd also love to hear full commentaries on all the episodes as the few that were done for the series 1-3 DVDs were great fun and it'd be interesting to hear the rest of those series be commentated on especially with so many years past.

I highly suspect S4, when released on DVD/Blu-Ray will have commentary.

kirblar

Roll on Series 4.
Starla likely got cut back due to the season going from 22->18.

I'd love to see them acknowledge the Hemispherectomy in S4. Would be amazing.

hunnies28

What actually happened with the George semen? I don't recall 100%

IIRC,
There was sperm in a cooler and Kitty had a cooler with evidence that looked the same, the brothers (Gob mostly) decided to make an illusion and switched the two of them.

IIRC,
There was sperm in a cooler and Kitty had a cooler with evidence that looked the same, the brothers (Gob mostly) decided to make an illusion and switched the two of them.

Yep and
She was pretty happy about it too.

As for Starla, didn't Michael break up Starla and Buster? He told him whoops later, but I think it was too late.

Might check out the documentary later. Would like to check it out before the new episodes. How many of you have seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom