• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development Season 4: The Bluths are making new mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I'd say Michael is as flawed as everyone else, but he's more self-aware too. He pretty much realizes how he's being an asshole at the end of every arc and seems sincere about improving. Of course that improvement never happens but hey that's the conceit of the show

So apparently Amazon has a listing for a new release of the season 1-3 DVD's shipping May 28 with some slightly updated boxart:

eigPnT2.jpg

I love the subtle touch of Buster's hand being cut off on the 3rd season art

I still can't believe the amount of explicit NSFW material they got past censors.

"Hot sailors or hot SEA- "

Hell, anything Tobias says, really.

Yea, me too

In all seriousness, they got away with murder on this show. They got the f word on the air, although it was technically chopped in half

Maebe is sitting on the Title in each of those boxarts. Also, in the first season one she looks freakishly small. Considering she is "in front" of many of the other characters on the box art she looks really weird there.

Socreges

Banned
Maebe is sitting on the Title in each of those boxarts. Also, in the first season one she looks freakishly small. Considering she is "in front" of many of the other characters on the box art she looks really weird there.

They all have weird proportions. Look at George in the season 1. He's huge.
Original box arts are best box arts.

I've lent my AD set out to so many people over the years. It's sorta remarkable that the cases and discs are in great condition still.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Original box arts are best box arts.

I've lent my AD set out to so many people over the years. It's sorta remarkable that the cases and discs are in great condition still.
Definitely. I still own mine. Proud to have the originals. I wonder if Season 4 will get a DVD release given the circumstances? At least so I can rip them for myself and not have to resort to other means. And yes, I know it'd be on Netflix so I can always get them but I prefer to have all my media local for personal reasons.
Preparing for the end of civilization so I have enough entertainment to last me the rest of my life while the world falls apart outside of course.

fisheyes

Definitely. I still own mine. Proud to have the originals. I wonder if Season 4 will get a DVD release given the circumstances? At least so I can rip them for myself and not have to resort to other means. And yes, I know it'd be on Netflix so I can always get them but I prefer to have all my media local for personal reasons.
Preparing for the end of civilization so I have enough entertainment to last me the rest of my life while the world falls apart outside of course.

Surely there would have to be - there are plenty of places in the world that don't have access to netflix, and surely they won't leave that money on the table.

Arrested Development without a focus on the colour orange in the first 2 seasons is weird.

lunchtoast

Buster: No. Whatever you say to me, you can say to him. I grant him magic sanctuary.

GOB: You grant me…? Come on, you can’t just make up…

Tony Wonder: No, that’s fine. I second the sanctuary, but with the clause of silence.

big ander

Could the early seasons even benefit *that* much from a blu upgrade? I've always been okay with DVD when it comes to comedy, I'm really never there for visuals.

Man, Bateman's S1 hair. Gets me every time.

yeah loving the bateman's hair on those covers. It's even shorter in S4 it seems. If we get another season he's gonna have take a bic to his head at this rate

Could the early seasons even benefit *that* much from a blu upgrade? I've always been okay with DVD when it comes to comedy, I'm really never there for visuals.

Man, Bateman's S1 hair. Gets me every time.

I feel like with a show with so many Easter Eggs and hidden call-backs I think the higher definition would be a positive. There are so many gags written on newspapers, tv screens, blogs (Imoscar.com) that I would love to be able to see better. I'm also sure there are audio cues that would benefit from a higher quality audio track (like those jaws shark sounds in "Hand to God")

I would buy the blus yesterday if given the option. Maybe a complete series collection that includes the Netflix season. (Do it studio execs! I hear that Mabie Funke got those releases signed...)

big ander

iirc thats supposed to be a deleted scene too
I thought so, couldn't remember for sure.
I feel like with a show with so many Easter Eggs and hidden call-backs I think the higher definition would be a positive. There are so many gags written on newspapers, tv screens, blogs (Imoscar.com) that I would love to be able to see better. I'm also sure there are audio cues that would benefit from a higher quality audio track (like those jaws shark sounds in "Hand to God")

I would buy the blus yesterday if given the option. Maybe a complete series collection that includes the Netflix season. (Do it studio execs! I hear that Mabie Funke got those releases signed...)
yeah fair enough. If they were offering blus I'd spring for those.

I thought so, couldn't remember for sure.

yeah fair enough. If they were offering blus I'd spring for those.

I'd welcome a Tobias Blue-Ray version of the series as well. Many older series have been doing it, surprised they didn't try to take that on before Season 4.

Maybe a Season 1-4 Blue package after the new season's out for a while.

- Variety: Netflix Launches Banana Stands for ‘Arrested Development’ Promo
Pop-up stores and restaurants are a fixture in many fashion, food and entertainment company’s promo repertoire, and now — with the launch of “Arrested Development” just weeks away — Netflix is getting into the game.

The streaming service is taking the Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana Stand beyond the TV screen and on a worldwide tour. Featured prominently in season one of the now-revived laffer, Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana Stand will begin popping up in different locations around London starting today to serve up frozen bananas, and will continue its London tour through May 9, 15 and 21.

Netflix then plans to move the banana stand across the Pond to the States, where it will continue to appear in different cities as the season four premiere of “Arrested” on May 26 approaches.

The Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana Stand will also include surprise appearances by, according to Netflix, “the Bluth family and friends.”

O2c05zO.jpg

NO5iuaT.jpg

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Not sure if this is new. On nextflix when you click on Arrested Development they changed it up. It is now somewhat like House of Lies. It has the cast with character bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom