• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they don't just throw Grant Gustin in spandex for his Flash outfit. It'll probably look terrible. In fact, I hope they don't go 90s Flash either, cause that'd look terrible too.

tumblr_ktylglrCQQ1qzw4l4o1_500.jpg

What do you guys think we'll get?

This suit:
New-Girl-Bathtub4.jpg

Grant Gustin needs to eat a Big Mac or 3. He looks kind of skinny to be a superhero /judgemental

Not everybody can be fucking 12 Pack Amell!

Gustin makes me feel better about my body.

Fuck you, Steve.

Then again, he is a man on Arrow. He's probably got lean, yet rippling muscles with a stone hard six pack under that ill-fitting suit.

lift1s9uwg.gif

I'm happy Arrow Season 2 will give us new GIF material.

Edit:

I wouldn't mind if Allen's suit looks like this:

the%20flash%20design.png

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=72181

Helmet/mask to disguise his identity, a Tron-esque suit that's protective, but streamlined so that he can run and it isn't terrible spandex. Just make the helmet retractable, and boom! The red could be a deep dark red, with bright gold lines that really pop.

Replicant

I wouldn't mind if Allen's suit looks like this:

the%20flash%20design.png

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=72181

Helmet/mask to disguise his identity, a Tron-esque suit that's protective, but streamlined so that he can run and it isn't terrible spandex. Just make the helmet retractable, and boom! The red could be a deep dark red, with bright gold lines that really pop.

Nice. It does look like something out of TRON: Legacy. Is it an actual suit in the comic?

Tokubetsu

The problem with introducing Flash into this is there is no way to make Flash a cool character. None. If you disagree it's because you're a nerd and you should shutup and go read comics.

How are they gonna make gotta go fast edgey? You can't. You get into speed force shit and it's becomes even lamer. You say speed force enough times out loud and you can't help wanting to kill yourself.

Nice. It does look like something out of TRON: Legacy. Is it an actual suit in the comic?

Nah, just fan art. But I think design would work best for a live action Flash that's grounded in the same world as Arrow.

The problem with introducing Flash into this is there is no way to make Flash a cool character. None. If you disagree it's because you're a nerd and you should shutup and go read comics.

How are they gonna make gotta go fast edgey? You can't. You get into speed force shit and it's becomes even lamer. You say speed force enough times out loud and you can't help wanting to kill yourself.

No Speed Force, for the love of God. That will overpower him yto the point of hilarity and there's no way they can do it justice with their budget. That shit would break the universe.

Just have him be really fast. I dunno, fast enough to dodge bullets maybe, but not light speed type stuff.

Using limited powers can be interesting those. Make him clever as to how he uses powers, not just overpowered.

I can't wait for Wednesday's episode to air so we have something to talk about other than the Flash.

Wanna talk about something else? OK.

On a scale of 10 to 10, how awful will Laurel be? The Season 2 trailer implies that she's now working for the DA? I guess those CNRI files that Tommy died for weren't that important after all.

ReiGun

I actually don't hate Laurel like the rest of you smchucks. She's far from my favorite character, but I don't think she's so bad.

Clevinger

lol Yep, at least that pic. Looks like he does a bunch of crunches/situps, eats next to nothing so he has no body fat, and doesn't do much more. His abs are better than mine, easily, but everything else... equal or better.

For shame, Arrow/CW. For shame.

But fear not. I googled "Grant Gustin shirless"
god what am I doing
and there are pics where he has more muscle. He can bulk up, if he hasn't started already.

I'm gonna go jump out a window.

Nah, man, join a gym. It's fun.
After the initial soreness of growing muscle/getting into shape
It's better to look at freaks like Amell as inspiration rather than it getting you down.

Joni

Nah, man, join a gym. It's fun.
After the initial soreness of growing muscle/getting into shape
It's better to look at freaks like Amell as inspiration rather than it getting you down.

I have been going for 6 months now, I still look fat. I just have more muscles and a better condition.

Clevinger

I have been going for 6 months now, I still look fat. I just have more muscles and a better condition.

How does that saying go? "Rome's great bod wasn't built in a day," er something like that. Keep it up. :)

I haven't seen Season 1 but I'm really interested. Is Flash being introduced in Season 2 or what is all this talk about Flash about? :)

Yeah, being introduced in season 2. He'll be in episodes 8 and 9 as a normal guy, then episode 20 as The Flash. They want to make a spinoff show based on him, so if episode 20 is well received and The CW likes it, there will be a spinoff The Flash show next year.

Pachimari

I haven't seen Season 1 but I'm really interested. Is Flash being introduced in Season 2 or what is all this talk about Flash about? :)

Joni

Season 2 will have three episodes with Barry, introducing him as a normal guy and turning him into the Flash in the third episode with that one serving as the pilot for a Flash show. The existence of the Flash introduces superpowers in a very Nolan-like universe so we have been talking quite a bit about it.

Clevinger

Actually, one of the showrunners just said they're thinking about doing something with the
Birds of Prey with Black Canary and Huntress. I wonder if that means Felicity would be their Oracle?

How they plan to
reform Huntress, a complete fucking lunatic,
I have no idea.

Actually, one of the showrunners just said they're thinking about doing something with the
Birds of Prey with Black Canary and Huntress. I wonder if that means Felicity would be their Oracle?

How they plan to reform Huntress, a complete fucking lunatic, I have no idea.

hestonomegalaugh89pou.gif

Oh my God.

No.

Biggest disappointment for me about S1 was Helena. Huntress is one of my favorite comic book characters, I hate how she's portrayed in this.

Helena's awful too. Her actress is ridiculously pretty.

But Helena is a total whackjob. And that can be used as a euphemism!

But no, seriously, Laurel's horrendous.

Snake

I recognize that Helena's actress was pretty bad, but I was actually fine with the way they handled her character for the most part.

Laurel, on the other hand, was bad no matter how you cut it.

I recognize that Helena's actress was pretty bad, but I was actually fine with the way they handled her character for the most part.

Laurel, on the other hand, was bad no matter how you cut it.

Oliver has such terrible taste in women.

Either it's the most bizarre and toxic relationship on the planet (Laurel) or it's fucking the lunatic cop-killing mob daughter that he wants to "save".

I just... I just don't understand. I mean, I know us guys are ruled by our dicks, but this is ludicrous.

Wiktor

Helena's awful too. Her actress is ridiculously pretty.

But Helena is a total whackjob. And that can be used as a euphemism!

But no, seriously, Laurel's horrendous.

Helena actress might suck, but the character itself was great. Gorgeous to look at and batshit insane. And no...the second thing isn't a negative one :) Helena gives plenty of opportunities for interesting storylines and her character is dynamic. Laurel is boring, gives boring storylines and is mostly reactive.

Wiktor

How they plan to
reform Huntress, a complete fucking lunatic,
I have no idea.

Are you kidding me? In comic books show? Most of big comic book villains switched to being good guys at least once in their career.

Helena actress might suck, but the character itself was great. Gorgeous to look at and batshit insane. And no...the second thing isn't a negative one :) Helena gives plenty of opportunities for interesting storylines and her character is dynamic. Laurel is boring, gives boring storylines and is mostly reactive.

I actually do like the actress. And I don't mind the character... but she has to be treated as a straight up villain at this point. Ollie can't fall for her again or it'll look stupid.

But there's potential with that character and her storyline.

watched that recap. laurel's pretty hot actually. when you forget how stupid she was.

stephen amell's got the goofiest narration voice. terrible. i'm glad he's super serious in arrow because i couldn't handle this wimpy goof voice.

also they show a scene from an old episode (can't recall at the moment) where he literally does 3 amell pauses in one sentence. haha it's amazing.

Cheska

Is this thread just going to be completely filled with hatred for Laurel? It's getting to be repetitive. Season 2 hasn't even aired yet ( D: ), although we have less than 24 hours to go!

watched that recap. laurel's pretty hot actually. when you forget how stupid she was.

stephen amell's got the goofiest narration voice. terrible. i'm glad he's super serious in arrow because i couldn't handle this wimpy goof voice.

also they show a scene from an old episode (can't recall at the moment) where he literally does 3 amell pauses in one sentence. haha it's amazing.

You mean the Arrow: Year One thing? That was narrated by John Barrowman.

Looooooooooooooool

Is this thread just going to be completely filled with hatred for Laurel? It's getting to be repetitive. Season 2 hasn't even aired yet ( D: ), although we have less than 24 hours to go!

Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom