• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Glad Walter's back, of course this means they brought him back to eventually find out Oliver's secret and die :(.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome episode.

Walter's back, Roy got a personality upgrade, island scenes, introduction to the Black Canary, the Hood has a new name and the Arrow has a new mission/way to do things.

Laurel is still terrible.

Effect

Star Labs mention as well. Is that suppose to be related to the Flash showing up? Or just a random DC universe mention?

I wonder if bringing in those Hood wannabes gets Lance off the street and the return of the chest hair.

Penguin

Star Labs mention as well. Is that suppose to be related to the Flash showing up? Or just a random DC universe mention?

I wonder bringing in those Hood wannabes gets Lance off the street and the return of the chest hair.

I think Star LABs will play a bigger role in the season...

GuessWho

Laurel is so god damn gorgeous. To bad her character is so dull. Loved the ending. When is flash suppose to make his debut?

Cheska

I hope so. She deserves it.

Sans... Ollie/Laurel scenes.

Laurel is still terrible.

tumblr_mma2gfLNjD1s6obuqo1_250.gif

Khezu

Arrow was awesome.

Tomorrow people is not terrible I guess.
They seem way overpowered though, time stopping, teleportation, telekenesis, telepathy.

Emwitus

Arrow was awesome.

Tomorrow people is not terrible I guess.
They seem way overpowered though, time stopping, teleportation, telekenesis, telepathy.
I loved tomorrow people ! I agree that their already too over powered tho and the action scenes aren't too good.

Pretty decent episode. Not happy that simp-ass Tommy wants to ruin this from his grave though.

Arrow's gonna lose the bodycount? hell nah. i'm fine with him practicing a little restraint but if everyone he comes into contact with stays alive now it will get lame. it's kind of hard to avoid casualties with a bow and arrow. even when you have master legolas skills.

Tabby

"I'm going to a need a new name"
*cuts to "Arrow"*
No no no no no no no. No. You can't.
It has to be Green Arrow or it doesn't work. No you can't, it just doesn't, no.

I thought tonight's episode was a great way to set up the rest of the episode. Dat ending though.
Black Canary is Sarah. I'm calling it. There's no other way to it.
Only thing I didn't like was the fact that they're going to do the back and forth with Laurel and Ollie, it's over done and I'm not looking forward to it.

Sulik2

Arrow premiere was a mixed bag. Did not expect an Oliver transition to being non-lethal, but its an interesting turn for the story to take for sure. Its awesome he is taking the Green Arrow name. Thea and Roy actually weren't annoying and Laurel was barely in it. Summer Glau's character seemed very forced. Slade/Shado/Oliver love triangle seems stupid. Felicity and Diggle were great. The Hoods were well done. Taking the idea of escalation from Nolan for sure. I just hope they minimize the soap opera this season by adding more heroes. Whats up with saying Tommy was killed in a crossfire between the hoods? That makes no sense, Merlin clearly killed him with his earthquake machine.

I think Smallville and other CW shows are crap. But I like some DC comics. Should I give this a try?

I only watched the last 3 seasons of Smallville and they were pretty great. Once it actually decided to be a DC Universe show it was quite good. Some great villains in 8/9 as well.

Felicity makes this show.

Imagine if Laurel died and they replaced her screen time with more Felicity.

Tabby

I think Smallville and other CW shows are crap. But I like some DC comics. Should I give this a try?

Definitely give this show a try. Give it about 10 episodes.
Some people say it starts off slow and I agree.

I didn't like Smallville either to be honest.

Toki767

Pretty good first episode. Super surprised to see Black Canary already. I wonder if they could just make this a full on Green Arrow show the way they couldn't do with Smallville.

I'm gonna watch the premiere soon... but based on what my buddy said on Facebook, Ollie better keep offing baddies. Show some restraint, sure... but come on! If we get a revolving door prison like Arkham and Blackgate, I will be pissed.

This was a fantastic way to start the season. I really like how they're dealing with the consequences of what happened last year. Everyone seems more mature now. And it's pretty exciting to finally get a glimpse of Black Canary.
And I also have to say that Felicity is still the most adorable and gorgeous woman of the show.

obin_gam

I saw the pilot and the episode after that. What are the absolute must see (for storys sake) episodes from season 1?

Clevinger

-what kind of self defense class tells you to attack one of TWO armed threats near you in a room full of armed threats? smh
-so the bad guys just leave...? OK......
-Dylan Bruce, not Amell 2.0 but Amell 0.2; so bad
-What the hell? Roy's not terrible!
-nononono not a Slade/Shado/Oliver love triangle. Slade is too bad ass for that shit!
-I like how Oliver calmly explains to Laurel why she's making no sense as if she were a child, then she goes right back into her stupidity
-Thea's not being awful either?!
-Moira lookin good
-WALTER!!!!

Pretty good ep. Lots of trademark Arrow clunkiness though.

Clevinger

I saw the pilot and the episode after that. What are the absolute must see (for storys sake) episodes from season 1?

from a quick skim of wikipedia's episode list:

3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

keep in mind you'll miss island plot stuff, but don't worry about that because it's largely nonsensical and convoluted, and you may miss some love triangle stuff, but trust me you aren't missing much. Watch 7, 8, and 17 if you care about The Huntress, but she's not important to the plot and she's not all that amazing. If you don't care about the love triangle at all, I could shave off more episodes but unfortunately some characters are pretty much nothing BUT love triangle (Tommy, Laurel).

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I love the chemistry Ollie, Felicity and Diggle have both on and off screen. The premiere was like going to a reunion. It was a great episode and can't wait for another great season.

About the Flash, I don't know if I'm for it with how grounded (outside earthquake machine) the show is. I hope the super speed isn't like Smallville...

And Moira was looking like a total prison milf in that jumpsuit...just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom