• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
- EW: 'Arrow' casts 'Spartacus' actor as Captain BoomerangTarabay!

ilERHz60QgZf.gif

Fucking Victor

Wiktor

Fuck yeah. Out of all remaining DC comics properties I wanted thi turned into TV show the most.
And Jesus...DC is going into overdrive when it comes to TV shows. THere's pretty much zero chances Marvel will ever be able to catch up (in large part because Marvel lacks something like Vertigo)

Also..Ashur.....damn...keep mining that Spartacus cast. Viva Bianca next please :D

ReiGun

So far we got Capt. Boomerang, Weather Wizard, and Capt. Cold. Any more Rogues casted thus far? Waiting on Trickster, Heatwave, Golden Glider and Pied Piper myself.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
And Jesus...DC is going into overdrive when it comes to TV shows. THere's pretty much zero chances Marvel will ever be able to catch up (in large part because Marvel lacks something like Vertigo)

I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Including all the rumored series it's starting to feel like over-saturation.

So far we got Capt. Boomerang, Weather Wizard, and Capt. Cold. Any more Rogues casted thus far? Waiting on Trickster, Heatwave, Golden Glider and Pied Piper myself.

Heatwave has been cast already.

Wiktor

I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Including all the rumored series it's starting to feel like over-saturation.
Why? I mean...those are pretty much all standalone. I could understand if it were all superhero properties, but like half of all those DC shows aren't. I mean..will you really fell that a series about indian reservate is too similiar to a series about a superspeed running superhero?

DC has incredible library of properties, a lot of them not having anything to do with men in tights and those IPs sure as hell are better source for good tv series than another medical drama or cop show.

ReiGun

Over saturation would only happen if all these shows were on the same network and all going for the same thing. But even if we look at the five shows heading to TV, that's not happening. They're spread across 3 networks and all going for different tones and audiences. Hell, most people not in the know probably won't even realize iZombie or Constantine are DC shows until someone tells them.

I think it will be alright as long WB keeps diversity in mind as they move forward. Supergirl potentially heading to CW might be pushing it. But then, it makes since not only because of the character but for the fact that the last Superman-related show was one of CW's biggest ratings grabbers. Teen Titans (or just Titans, as it will likely be called) going to TNT is a good move, as is Lucifer going to Fox. And I believe Preacher and the other shows are going to cable as well, correct?

As a fan, I couldn't be happier. WB's new Pres is holding true to his promise of more aggressively utilizing DC IP and good on him for it.

Heatwave has been cast already.
Neat! One down three to go.

it's fine since they're all separate universes. the only shared one is flash/arrow.

it would get tiring pretty quick if they tied gotham, constantine and others.

Wiktor

een Titans (or just Titans, as it will likely be called) going to TNT is a good move, as is Lucifer going to Fox. .

I'm a bit sad that Lucifer going to Fox means no crossover with Constantine. Altough I guess NBCs also wants to develop some spin-offs of their own if successful and something like Zatana or Books of Magic would make a lot more sense for them than Lucifer.

When it comes to DC/Vertigoverse properties it's propably best for each network to have like 2, maybe 3(for CW) properties. It allows for crossovers, which is always very fun, but also allows them to avoid oversaturation.

Got my Arrow Season 2 Blu-Ray! Rad.

And until Marvel gets their act together and hires me to do their Punisher show, DC is gonna be kicking their ass on the TV front for a good long while.

Yep, Heatwave's been cast:

Dominic-Purcell-The-Flash-Mick-Rory-Heat-Wave.jpg

PRISON BREAK REUNION OH MY GOD

wentworth-618x400.jpg

Captain Cold and Heat Wave.

Flash guys did this on purpose!

ReiGun

I actually think it would be cool if each network had its own little universe/style, and fans of the various shows could follow the ones they like.

Dig CW's brand of teen drama cheese with unapologetic superheroics, crossovers and all? Arrow/Flash/Supergirl(?) got you covered.

Want more Nolan-esque Batman or like "Sleepy Hollow" and want more supernatural stuff? Fox has Gotham and Lucifer(?) (note: Obviously, these two probably can't crossover lol)

NBC could spin Constantine off to more supernatural stuff like AdrianWerner said. Zatanna would be good, and the show has already cast Jim Corrigan, who fans know eventually becomes the Spectre. We'll have to see what TNT does with Titans before we make any calls there, but it being a team means characters could feasibly be spun off into their own things or could be used to introduce new characters.

As a complete aside, I need DC and Marvel to get it together on the video game side. Fighting games and Batman stuff are cool, but I need more solo action games starring my favorite heroes breh.

I actually think it would be cool if each network had its own little universe/style, and fans of the various shows could follow the ones they like.

Dig CW's brand of teen drama cheese with unapologetic superheroics, crossovers and all? Arrow/Flash/Supergirl(?) got you covered.

Want more Nolan-esque Batman or like "Sleepy Hollow" and want more supernatural stuff? Fox has Gotham and Lucifer(?) (note: Obviously, these two probably can't crossover lol)

NBC could spin Constantine off to more supernatural stuff like AdrianWerner said. Zatanna would be good, and the show has already cast Jim Corrigan, who fans know eventually becomes the Spectre. We'll have to see what TNT does with Titans before we make any calls there, but it being a team means characters could feasibly be spun off into their own things or could be used to introduce new characters.

As a complete aside, I need DC and Marvel to get it together on the video game side. Fighting games and Batman stuff are cool, but I need more solo action games starring my favorite heroes breh.

I want a hypnotic hallucinatory shooter starring The Punisher losing it as he takes on an insane crime syndicate.

Wiktor

I really hope the rumors about Suicide Squad game are true.
Also...it would be great if they made a Green Arrow, especially if they would make it survival open world game, for example..have Olie return to island filled with Outsiders. Bassicaly Far Cry 3 scenario there, only much cooler.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Got my Arrow Season 2 Blu-Ray! Rad.

And until Marvel gets their act together and hires me to do their Punisher show, DC is gonna be kicking their ass on the TV front for a good long while.

Yep, Heatwave's been cast:

Dominic-Purcell-The-Flash-Mick-Rory-Heat-Wave.jpg

PRISON BREAK REUNION OH MY GOD

wentworth-618x400.jpg

Captain Cold and Heat Wave.

Flash guys did this on purpose!

Robert Kneeper (Clock King) is also going to appear in an episode of Flash
arrow-tennant-clockking1.jpg

Just cast William Fichtner and Amaury Nolasco and the gang will be complete

ReiGun

I want a hypnotic hallucinatory shooter starring The Punisher losing it as he takes on an insane crime syndicate.

I really hope the rumors about Suicide Squad game are true.
Also...it would be great if they made a Green Arrow, especially if they would make it survival open world game, for example..have Olie return to island filled with Outsiders. Bassicaly Far Cry 3 scenario there, only much cooler.
I just want my character action games starring Wonder Woman and Capt America. Why must I be denied the chance to rack up SSStylish combos with a shield or lasso? Why?

An open world game starring the Flash would be cool too.

Oh shit, and I forgot Peter Stormare was playing the new Vertigo in Arrow as well!

Arrow-Count-Vertigo-Peter-Stormare.jpg

I love that Arrow and Flash are just culling good actors from some of the better-known genre shows. Despite how shitty PB got, the actors were great. Plus, so much badassery coming out of Spartacus, hiring some Doctor Who alums, such fantastic casting all around.

I just want my character action games starring Wonder Woman and Capt America. Why must I be denied the chance to rack up SSStylish combos with a shield or lasso? Why?

An open world game starring the Flash would be cool too.

Open world Flash would be wicked. I'm thinking mountains of slow mo bullet time and rapid neon-style running ala inFamous.

I'd play an espionage game set in the 60s and 70s starring Winter Soldier.

The Flash always had a much better enemy gallery than Green Arrow where we can see on the show that more than 75% of the villains are Batman/Nightwing enemies.

The Flash always had a much better enemy gallery than Green Arrow where we can see on the show that more than 75% of the villains are Batman/Nightwing enemies.

Given the way they're casting the Rogues so quick on Flash, the enemies are definitely being built up quickly since I guess for Flash, they are a big deal.

But I don't mind second-tier Batman villains being made more dangerous and repurposed for the Arrow. It gives Oliver a good rogues gallery and it gives a spotlight on characters that'd be ignored on other shows/movies.

But I don't mind second-tier Batman villains being made more dangerous and repurposed for the Arrow. It gives Oliver a good rogues gallery and it gives a spotlight on characters that'd be ignored on other shows/movies.

The more B, C, and D tier characters brought out of the woodwork, the better. I LOVE that the DC/CW team is pulling in all of them. And I love that Marvel is bringing in some lesser known characters in their stuff too. It is awesome.

Given the way they're casting the Rogues so quick on Flash, the enemies are definitely being built up quickly since I guess for Flash, they are a big deal.

Yeah, that's true. Guess one good thing they are doing is upping the tempo of the enemy build in Flash up by not repeating the first half lull that was present in the first season of Arrow.

I wonder if we'll ever see the Clan storyline from Jeff Lemire's run play out on Arrow.

Yeah, that's true. Guess one good thing they are doing is upping the tempo of the enemy build in Flash up by not repeating the first half lull that was present in the first season of Arrow.

I wonder if we'll ever see the Clan storyline from Jeff Lemire's run play out on Arrow.

Well, the character of Komodo has been cast and is being used in Season 3. I can see the Outsiders storyline playing out in Season 4 and maybe... Longbow Hunters in the early part (group of Arrow villains teaming up to take him down, somehow leading into the Outsiders war?)

ReiGun

I do think that now would be the time for the Arrow team to start digging into Green Arrow's own rogues more. I know they're not the best bunch, but I'm also a fan of respecting a character's lore and getting people to look at old characters in new ways.

My favorite example is always Mister Freeze, who was a stupid as fuck villain until Paul Dini and Bruce Timm decided he wasn't anymore.

Damn. You are right.

Cut his hair and put him in the suit and he's New 52 Arthur. Or leave his hair as is and put him in the suit and he's Peter David's Arthur. Sheeeeeeeit.

I do think that now would be the time for the Arrow team to start digging into Green Arrow's own rogues more. I know they're not the best bunch, but I'm also a fan of respecting a character's lore and getting people to look at old characters in new ways.

My favorite example is always Mister Freeze, who was a stupid as fuck villain until Paul Dini and Bruce Timm decided he wasn't anymore.

How many pure GA villains have we dealt with? Count Vertigo (who I adored, and now we're getting a new version), and Dark Archer (who has had a huge impact on the show's narrative, and definitely won Season 1 against Oliver). So, the ones that we've had have been done extremely well. I'm sure we'll get the Outsiders and the Longbow Hunters, and that's when shit will go nuts.

As someone who hasn't watched Spartacus, this dude is the exact image of what I'd imagine a live action Aquaman to be. Holy shit.

first off...wtf watch spartacus (don't let the pilot discourage you)

secondly...watch vikings. ragnar lothbrok is the aquaman we deserve. blonde, cocky, assured...kingly.

ReiGun

Fixed that for you. :)
I always forget the hook. Mainly cause I hate it. :p

How many pure GA villains have we dealt with? Count Vertigo (who I adored, and now we're getting a new version), and Dark Archer (who has had a huge impact on the show's narrative, and definitely won Season 1 against Oliver). So, the ones that we've had have been done extremely well. I'm sure we'll get the Outsiders and the Longbow Hunters, and that's when shit will go nuts.

I like to think someone on the Arrow team walked in to a meeting one day with Jeff Lemire's run on GA and said "How can we do all this?"

I'd love to see what they can do with characters like Constantine Drakon, Cupid, Brick, and Onomatopoeia.

first off...wtf watch spartacus (don't let the pilot discourage you)

secondly...watch vikings. ragnar lothbrok is the aquaman we deserve. blonde, cocky, assured...kingly.
It's on that long list of things I keep telling myself I'll watch. lol

I like to think someone on the Arrow team walked in to a meeting one day with Jeff Lemire's run on GA and said "How can we do all this?"

I'd love to see what they can do with characters like Constantine Drakon, Cupid, Brick, and Onomatopoeia.

I can imagine Amell walking in and doing that.

Wiktor

Yeah....Green Arrow traditionally always had pretty weak rogues gallery. One of the best things Lemire did was fix that. Komodo is incredible and all Outsiders clans were merely lightly touched up. Their members can easily be expanded into a lot bigger profile villains.

He doesn't have much outside of Merlyn and Vertigo, and most of what's left are variations on the rival archer theme. That's why he has to borrow so many villains from Batman and the Teen Titans.

Check out the list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Arrow_enemies

a few possibilities for villains of the week, but not a whole lot of choice left for season-long big bads.

Wiktor

He doesn't have much outside of Merlyn and Vertigo, and most of what's left are variations on the rival archer theme. That's why he has to borrow so many villains from Batman and the Teen Titans.

Check out the list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Arrow_enemies

a few possibilities for villains of the week, but not a whole lot of choice left for season-long big bads.
Fortunatelly without Batman show Arrow team can steal all his villains :D

ZeroX03

Banned
Fortunatelly without Batman show Arrow team can steal all his villains :D

Except Gotham's got most of the big ones, unless they're both allowed to use them.

The producers of the television series Arrow originally intended to adapt Onomatopoeia for a 2013 episode. However, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg states his team changed their minds after reading Kevin Smith's statement that the character could not be adapted for screen. Instead, they adapted the character for screen as Mr Blank, a mysterious and highly-effective contract assassin, and cast J. August Richards in the role.

Wiktor

Except Gotham's got most of the big ones, unless they're both allowed to use them.

I think Gotham will mostly stick to lower powered villains. Leaving Arrow team to use the more outrageaus ones. But yeah, I do think we'll see multiple versions of same characters on screen.

Of course, the low-level list of DC villains is so ridiculously big I doubt they will ever run out of cool people for Oliver to put his arrows into.

Wiktor

Oliver already killed him in the pilot :D
Constantine_Drakon_Arrow_001.jpg

Of course they can always ignore it and make another one. It's not like anyone even remembers and the character deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom