• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

So far we got Firestorm, Arrow, Canary, Flash, Atom, Arsenal, and possibly Supergirl soon.

Hmmm....yeah that's actually a pretty dope League. Could use a magic based character, tho. Maybe one who has a certain weapon. A weapon that could, I don't know, compel evil doers to tell the truth. Maybe golden in color.

<----Still salty about Amazon

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
til other people have vastly different standards than me concerning retcons.

To me, anything that simply adds to a story, without changing or interfering with the events of the original story, isn't a retcon. Sara being on the island isn't a retcon because we hadn't been shown everything that happened on the island.

The best illustrative example of a retcon is what they did with the Simpsons, where suddenly, in the 19th season, they had a Homer and Marge origin story that took place in the 90s with the grunge rock movement as a backdrop, completely erasing the previous story that took place in the 70s with the two meeting in high school and going to the prom.

Penguin

So far we got Firestorm, Arrow, Canary, Flash, Atom, Arsenal, and possibly Supergirl soon.

Hmmm....yeah that's actually a pretty dope League. Could use a magic based character, tho. Maybe one who has a certain weapon. A weapon that could, I don't know, compel evil doers to tell the truth. Maybe golden in color.

Well she is busy on the big screen.

And you forgot Huntress!

anaron

SAME

The only way I'll "forgive" it not going through is if Supergirl and Zatanna make it on board

ReiGun

Aren't there like two Leagues? Justice League with the big guns and Waller assembled Justice League of America where Green Arrow has been much more of a stable feature?

There are three Leagues currently:

Main: Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Shazam, Cyborg (Captain Cold and Power Ring are supposed to be joining as well)

United: Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Animal Man, Stargirl, Adam Strange and Ilyana, Solstice

Dark: Membership is in constant flux, but includes (or has included) characters like Zatanna, Deadman, Constantine, Swamp Thing, and The Phantom Stranger. So magic folk.

There was also a Justice League International, with Booster Gold and heroes around the world, but it's currently disbanded.

Wiktor

I always thought Nightwing as TV show wouldn't work, because he would be disconnected from Batman. However making a Teen Titans show with Nightwing as lead would allow to fill the void left by Batman's absence.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I actually think a Nightwing show adapted from the current Grayson run could be interesting. The Future's End tie-in actually sold me on the concept.

It'd be a spy show and the spy has been trained by Batman.

Wiktor

Also...Amell is right. You don't need a movie to legitimize those heroes. I love all those superhero movies, but honestly, none of them ever made me as hyped up as Constanine, Flash or Arrow S3 does. Those stories always seemed more fit for serialized storytelling, even if it means scaling the budget back.

Look at this way, between Arrow, Constantine, Flash and Gotham we'll be getting about 80 hours of DC comics live action this year. How can anything from movie side compare? And they're only starting, with more shows to join.

And it's just not superheroes. To me in the last decade the TV has left movies in a dust as entertainment medium. Superheroes stories is propably the last place where even the slighest bit of TV stigma remains. Everywhere else there's none really. Some of the biggest talent has no problem working in TV these days and great TV roles are seen as just as valuable as movie ones.

ReiGun

We're past the days where television was some ghetto while movies were the real place to go to launch new franchises. There's a reason why The Flash, DC's most popular character not in or related to the Trinity, is getting a TV show and why they tried twice to get Wonder Woman (a character who owes a lot of her mainstream popularity to a 70's show, btw) on TV before putting her in the movies. Hell, we just got reports that DC is looking to launch two more of their big properties, Teen Titans and Supergirl, on television. The fact is as much as some people liked the Supermax idea, "Arrow" has done more for the character/IP of Green Arrow than a movie probably would have.

Shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead have become fucking cultural phenomenons without a movie to their name. The way comic fans hold on to the idea that only the movies "count" is crazy considering how the rest of the world is saying they'll take a good TV show all the same.

We're past the days where television was some ghetto while movies were the real place to go to launch new franchises. There's a reason why The Flash, DC's most popular character not in or related to the Trinity, is getting a TV show and why they tried twice to get Wonder Woman (a character who knows a lot of her mainstream popularity to a 70's show, btw) on TV before putting her in the movies. Hell, we just got reports that DC is looking to launch two more of their big properties, Teen Titans and Supergirl, on television. The fact is as much as some people liked the Supermax idea, "Arrow" has done more for the character/IP of Green Arrow than a movie probably would have.

Shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead have become fucking cultural phenomenons without a movie to their name. The way comic fans hold on to the idea that only the movies "count" is crazy considering how the rest of the world is saying they'll take a good TV show all the same.

I know I prefer a good TV series over a movie on the same property.

SuperMAX would make a killer story arc on Arrow.

ReiGun

And don't get me wrong. I still love the films. I still want my Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Aquaman, Doom Patrol, and Titans movies. Mainly because it's hard to argue with the budgets and production values movies bring. The epic third act climax of the Wonder Woman movie (that exists in my head) where the amazons fight an army of beast men while Circe and Wonder Woman fight to the death in the air with Steve Trevor and Etta Candy providing air support from the invisible jet ain't happening with TV money.

But shit, if I can get at least three seasons of good TV with those same properties, I'll take it. And I won't consider it a step down at all.

Hoping they do a version of SuperMAX for like season five, seems like that'd be the season for it to tie in nicely though maybe too much island. Also greatly prefer 20+ hours of content every year instead of two hours every two or three (or more) years. Well as long as it doesn't turn to shit like Smallville (though to be fair even in the bad seasons it had some upsides) did for a good portion of its run.

Saw this before and a few other scenes from Batman The Brave and the Bold but never saw a full episode, always thought it was cool for the to get Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill to do those parts.

yeah the music is often pretty damn good in this series. dat theme drop at the arrow title screen whooo

i've found myself rewinding episodes on the dvr because the accompanying music is noticeably good. dude's definitely taking some notes from danny elfman's superhero work. that sounds a lot like his batman and spiderman stuff

Wiktor

Wiktor

I'm really hurting with alll the anticipation for DC shows to start, so to ease my suffering I've been browsing social media for fun bits and pieces and found this from Comic-Con

Bth89H4CMAEGI6y.jpg

I know it's largelly the camera's perspective and all, but damn..Matt Ryan looks hilariously tiny next to Ammell in this pic :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Can't wait for the Constantine show, need my supernatural fix without the Dean and Sam drama.

I'm enjoying season 9 of Supernatural, but the Dean/Sam drama is getting tiring, boring and predictable.

Sketchbag

Banned
So, I went to a party last night. Talking to a few people. They worked on the show Arrow. After telling me the differences and why Arrow and Flash aren't being run by the same crew I asked if anyone dies.

Episode 8 will leave you devastated GAF.

Oh, and
reverse flash full outfit is amazing.

So, I went to a party last night. Talking to a few people. They worked on the show Arrow. After telling me the differences and why Arrow and Flash aren't being run by the same crew I asked if anyone dies.

Oh, and

OH SHIT. IT'S HAPPENING!

Tabby

Please.
You can't say that and not say what it is.

Is it Sara? Is she going to die? Please say she's not going to die.

Oh, and

big-bang-theory-hyperventilating.gif

bigmase21

Oh, and

818746.gif

Oh, and

Damn. I had forgotten how hyped I am for this season.

strafer

Oh, and

not Flicity...for the love of god

ZeroX03

Banned

Because one crew can't do 46 episodes a year? Jesus that's nearly an episode a week, that production schedule would kill folks.

anaron

Oh, and

PM the answer please

Tugatrix

Oh, and

No.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom