• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

btw, this dude's art is fuckin amazing. Started reading Lemire/Sorrentino's Green Arrow this week.

fuck DC for meddling with their run

Their run does feel like it was cut short. The stories obviously were compressed and there's no Merlyn reboot, which Lemire has promised. I wonder..are there any rumors what actually happened to make Lemire/Sorrentino stop doing GA?

Their run does feel like it was cut short. The stories obviously were compressed and there's no Merlyn reboot, which Lemire has promised. I wonder..are there any rumors what actually happened to make Lemire/Sorrentino stop doing GA?

This is horseshit. I wanted them to be on the title for a good few years. That combination was as good as Snyder/Capullo/Batman

Wiktor

This is horseshit. I wanted them to be on the title for a good few years. That combination was as good as Snyder/Capullo/Batman

Yep. It had potential to be one of the greatest superhero comic runs in history IMO.

Isn't it ironic that those great Hawkeye and Green Arrow are both ending at the same time? Both have archers, both completely refreshed their title characters, as well as giving them unique visuals style.

Both will be missed dearly

Yep. It had potential to be one of the greatest superhero comic runs in history IMO.

Isn't it ironic that those great Hawkeye and Green Arrow are both ending at the same time? Both have archers, both completely refreshed their title characters, as well as giving them unique visuals style.

Both will be missed dearly

It's a conspiracy.

#ItsAllConnected

I'm betting we'll be getting Prometheus in the final season of Arrow.

tumblr_n18bkokU801rrkahjo3_400.gif

Clevinger

Oh, DC (probably) didn't fuck it up? That's good. I may be getting this mixed up with that Batwoman series (which also had amazeballs art).

Lol, not sure if you're serious but he's basically a batman clone who's parents were killed by cops instead of criminals. Trains himself to be the ultimate outlaw and has singlehandedly fought and taken out the Justice League. The reason I think he'd be a perfect villian is because (SPOILERS!)
He menaces the Green Arrow enough for him to be killed by him, revealing that the Green Arrow had a killing streak in the past and ultimately shaming him in front of other heroes.

Faces_of_Evil_Prometheus_01.jpg

Lol, not sure if you're serious but he's basically a batman clone who's parents were killed by cops instead of criminals. Trains himself to be the ultimate outlaw and has singlehandedly fought and taken out the Justice League. The reason I think he'd be a perfect villian is because (SPOILERS!)
He menaces the Green Arrow enough for him to be killed by him, revealing that the Green Arrow had a killing streak in the past and ultimately shaming him in front of other heroes.

Faces_of_Evil_Prometheus_01.jpg

Oh, that could be cool then.

But LOL @ that spoiler. In Arrow, nobody gonna give a fuck if he bodies another fool that had it coming.

Stupid hero no-kill rule.

Wiktor

Oh, that could be cool then.

But LOL @ that spoiler. In Arrow, nobody gonna give a fuck if he bodies another fool that had it coming.

Stupid hero no-kill rule.

Lol..yeah. Dropping that rule was one of the best things Arrow did. Even now, when it turned into hero, it's still obvious that he is willing to kill if it's necessary.

Altough, that was always a big part of Green Arrow in comics. He always killed a lot more often than regular superheroes.

tim1138

Sorrentino was ready to move on to a new project (he's doing some work at Marvel), and Lemire felt it would be a disservice to continue without him. Simple as that.

So I'm watching Season 1 in anticipation of the Season 2 Blu Ray and the start of Season 3. So now I'm thinking about the retcons they did for season 3 (Sara being alive and on the island with Ollie, Malcolm being alive and that Thea is his daughter). And seriously, normally I don't like retcons but here I'm glad they happened because they introduced so many good things in S2 and put the series on an interesting trajectory going forward.

Wiktor

So I'm watching Season 1 in anticipation of the Season 2 Blu Ray and the start of Season 3. So now I'm thinking about the retcons they did for season 3 (Sara being alive and on the island with Ollie, Malcolm being alive and that Thea is his daughter). And seriously, normally I don't like retcons but here I'm glad they happened because they introduced so many good things in S2 and put the series on an interesting trajectory going forward.

Sara definitely wasn't a retcon. They recasted her character, but it was always obvious she would be back.

Clevinger

btw, thank god for John Barrowman. He said the writers originally planned to make Malcolm Oliver's biological father. He convinced them to change it to Thea.

Joni

Malcom living wasn't really a retcon, it was expected considering there was no real death scene or anything. Thea being his daughter is called a plot twist, and it was something that was hinted at. They changed who it was, but it doesn't invalidate anything from season 1. It just makes some episodes a bit yuck.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, there were hints that she was still alive, they even touched on that in S1 but her being on the island with Ollie was definitely a retcon.

I don't think that counts as a retcon, though. It's just an omission (albeit a pretty huge one).

Penguin

Well, there were hints that she was still alive, they even touched on that in S1 but her being on the island with Ollie was definitely a retcon.

I don't even consider that stuff retcon anymore, just a funny running joke

"Oh did I forget to mention I know of a cure?"

"Oh did I not tell you folks about when I went to Hong Kong?"

Of interest, and I'm sure someone will make a new thread shortly:

- EW: Teen Titans return: DC Comics near deal for Nightwing TV pilot
DC Comics is looking to team with TNT for a young super friends live-action series. The cable network is nearing a deal for a Titans pilot, which will star Batman’s sidekick Dick Grayson leading a fledgling band of DC heroes.

In the pilot, Grayson “emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Titans is a dramatic adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book titles ever.”

Fans remember the Cartoon Network and The WB aired a Teen Titans animated series from 2003-06 with the same characters. Now the premise is being resurrected, ditching the “teen” label and taking a more grown-up approach.

Akiva Goldsman (Fringe, I Am Legend) is the writer/executive producer, with Warner Horizon Television producing. If greenlit to series, Titans will add to the DC Comics primetime TV surge, along with The CW’s Arrow and upcoming Flash spin-off, plus the fall dramas Gotham on Fox and Constantine on NBC.

Speaking of Arrow, there has been speculation that Nightwing would join that show, but apparently DC had other plans. Actor Steven R. McQueen had caused a frenzy by hinting on Twitter that he was going to play Nightwing on the show, then admitted it was just wishful thinking.

EDIT: New thread.

This is why the CW is the best:

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-tv-show-arrow-flash-cw-universe/

While the past decade has challenged the old way of thinking – that movies tend to put the talent and impact of TV to shame – that belief seems alive and well in the realm of comic book adaptations. With Marvel’s endless march of superhero blockbusters and DC’s budding big screen Justice League universe, it takes the star of Arrow to remind fans that for those desperately waiting to see DC Comics’ famed team in action, it’s Warner Bros.’ TV side that’s already delivering the goods.

There’s plenty of reasons why comic book properties aren’t seen as ‘legitimate mainstream hits’ until they top the box office, from fan hopes for the characters to a sense of validation. And while there may have been a time when DC characters like Green Arrow, Arsenal, The Flash, Firestorm, The Atom, Black Canary, and Ra’s al Ghul being brought to life on a weekly basis would have satisfied fans, the question of Stephen Amell appearing in Zack Snyder’s Justice League has persisted.

Despite the actor having already confirmed that he will not be appearing in Batman V Superman – and DC’s Geoff Johns explaining the movie and TV worlds are entirely separate – the actor was once again asked about the possibility at FanExpo. Amell’s response (courtesy of CBR) should hopefully bring the questions to an end, reminding viewers that if anything, it’s the films that need to catch up:

“We are creating a Justice League on TV for us. I don’t think there is a logistical reality to us participating in the feature side. That being said, I never wanted to have to feel like the show was justified, just because we participated in the movie. I don’t think my character would participate on the cinematic side.”

“What’s that saying… six seasons and a movie? Our show right now has me, Arsenal, Flash. There’s going to be Firestorm and Atom. The Justice League elements of it are very present on our shows already.”

Beyond establishing a world in which S.T.A.R. Labs, Kord Industries, and ‘Wayne Tech’ all exist, Amell is right to claim that Arrow‘s writers have already planted seeds for a future Justice League. It was Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) who showed the benefits of teamwork among crimefighters in his introductory arc, and the plan to bring in Ray Palmer a.k.a. The Atom (Brandon Routh) seems more natural than a ‘colossal threat uniting heroes.’

With Amell’s words giving even the most devoted fans a few thoughts to ponder, the actor went on to send speculation over The CW’s side of the DC universe running wild, when asked which hero he would personally love to see join the Arrow/Flash world:

“Now, boy we’ve referenced Ferris Air a lot. It would be really cool to have Green Lantern. Hopefully, that happens. I have no inside information, unless I do.”

We wouldn’t advise fans hold their breath on that one. Especially if there really is interest in adding Supergirl to the universe as well.

As if the confirmed heroes set to appear on The CW weren’t enough to have fans counting their blessings, Amell added that the coming season (and potentially, years of The CW’s DC universe) also includes a family act, not that his cousin Robbie Amell has landed the part of Ronnie Raymond a.k.a. Firestorm. The showrunners have claimed that The Flash was created with Firestorm in mind as part of the plot, and Amell reveals that membership in the DC family has its privileges:

“[Executive producer Greg Berlanti] told me about Robbie and Firestorm about two months before Robbie knew about it. Robbie texts me and goes, ‘I GOT A JOB ON ‘THE FLASH!” All capitals and exclamation marks. I wrote back, ‘I know,’ and then welcomed him to the Justice League of America. Robbie and I, for being in the same business, the only time we’ve ever teamed up is in beer pong. We’ve never actually teamed up on screen together. I think eventually there’s a chance that Oliver Queen and Mr. Firestorm may cross paths.”

So while many may go on believing that a hero isn’t a star until he hits the big screen, remember: when the Arrow/Flash crossover event has Ollie firing arrows while Barry moves even faster – and Firestorm’s flight and attacks may be saved for the next fight – be thankful that fans can look forward to more next week, not several years ahead.

Do you side with Amell and feel that Arrow and The Flash won’t need a movie to legitimize their stories? Or do you still hold out hope that the heroes, if not the actors, will one day fight in a Justice League film?

Arrow season 3 premieres October 8th, 2014 @8pm on The CW.

Follow me on Twitter @andrew_dyce for updates on Arrow as well as movie, TV, and gaming news.

CW beat WB to having a Justice League.

I'm not fond of the idea of Supergirl bleeding in and bringing aliens into the show

I, for one, am very happy about the impending CW Justice League. The JL was not always all the big guns on a team. So we don't need Batman, Superman, and their ilk to show up and give us the Justice League.

Although, with Atom coming on the show, I do hope we get a recreation of the Arrow/Atom combo attack from the JLA: Rock of Ages storyline.

For those that haven't read it, there is an alternate timeline where Darkseid takes over the world. Every other JLA member is dead in the final battle, and only Green Arrow and Atom are left alive to fight Darkseid. And damn, does Darkseid not know what hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom