• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

*Onomatopoeia thing
Well that's fucking lame.

Oliver already killed him in the pilot :D
Constantine_Drakon_Arrow_001.jpg

Of course they can always ignore it and make another one. It's not like anyone even remembers and the character deserves better.

LOL I didn't even remember that guy.

Yeah they could just do another one.

ZeroX03

Banned
What was Kevin Smith's statement about Onomatopeoeia?

Mr Blank was lame. "What a lovely house, yoy can smell the misery in the mahogany" the fuck are you talking about?

When I did Green Arrow, I went with Onomatopoeia for a villain, just because I loved that word, and it kind of formed the character inasmuch as he would say sounds out loud. It only kind of works – I think – on a comic book page because if you have a gun going off, they usually write BLAM! and then you can have, you know, the character saying "BLAM!" in a word balloon, but like if you tried to do that cinematically you can't really rock it. A gun in a film sounds completely different. It doesn't read as BLAM! and so to have a dude say BLAM! after a true gunshot, all these people would be like "he's just retarded". I think it works great in print and on a comic book page. I don't think that character would translate very well outside of that.

Which makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I think it'd be really hard to do the character justice.

SO MUCH amazing in there.

-Deathstroke dance-off
-Caity Lotz Salmon Ladder mishaps
-Door-fling failure, I lost it when the guy in the car gave the door a kick to rub it in
-Diggle/Felicity missing the meaningful gaze at each other
-Barry being a klutz even behind the scenes

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Why? I mean...those are pretty much all standalone. I could understand if it were all superhero properties, but like half of all those DC shows aren't. I mean..will you really fell that a series about indian reservate is too similiar to a series about a superspeed running superhero?

DC has incredible library of properties, a lot of them not having anything to do with men in tights and those IPs sure as hell are better source for good tv series than another medical drama or cop show.

Wasn't even thinking about Scalped. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine and possibly, Supergirl, Young Justice, Lucifer... It doesn't matter that they're not all connected in one universe. If you like comics you'll want to check them out and that's, possibly, seven hours out of the week alone.

You can say it does matter that they're not interconnected, but most of those are in the same wheelhouse. Even if Gotham is a "crime procedural" they're still going to make hackneyed references to Bat-lore. Constantine might be more supernatural, but judging from the shot of
him holding the helmet of Dr. Fate
it doesn't seem like they're exactly close minded about referring to things from the DCU.

I'm not complaining about the prospect of more shows, but I'm concerned. I mean, if people started treating these like all the procedurals we have on tv... that's fine.

Penguin

Wasn't even thinking about Scalped. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine and possibly, Supergirl, Young Justice, Lucifer... It doesn't matter that they're not all connected in one universe. If you like comics you'll want to check them out and that's, possibly, seven hours out of the week alone.

You can say it does matter that they're not interconnected, but most of those are in the same wheelhouse. Even if Gotham is a "crime procedural" they're still going to make hackneyed references to Bat-lore. Constantine might be more supernatural, but judging from the shot of
him holding the helmet of Dr. Fate
it doesn't seem like they're exactly close minded about referring to things from the DCU.

I'm not complaining about the prospect of more shows, but I'm concerned. I mean, if people started treating these like all the procedurals we have on tv... that's fine.

I kind of agree with you

It may get to the point of overkill, but guess like comics themselves, you don't need to watch them all.

And so far have done a decent job of introducing different aspects/areas of their universe.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I kind of agree with you

It may get to the point of overkill, but guess like comics themselves, you don't need to watch them all.

And so far have done a decent job of introducing different aspects/areas of their universe.

Eh, it's nothing worse than DC Comics comics output.

I mean they publish up to 52 comics a month. They don't expect people to read all of them, and there's a bunch of different tones and genres (fantasy, crime, action, mystical.) I mean sure they're technically all superhero comics, but they're not all 'aw shuck gees whizz.' They appeal to a range of people.

Like I'm watching Constantine, Gotham, Flash and Arrow. Maybe Preacher if it ever gets to the UK. Just because I'm a comic-book fan doesn't mean I'm gonna watch them all. And sure some of them might fail through lack of interest, but that's just how things go.

Wiktor

I can understand the feeling, but think about it logically - you're complaining about there being to much good stuff to watch :) And them not being interconnected actually makes a lot of difference, because it means you don't have to follow them all at once in fear of loosing some experience. Just watch the ones you like the most and then save up remaining ones for months of tv drought to maraton through :)

Penguin

Eh, it's nothing worse than DC Comics comics output.

I mean they publish up to 52 comics a month. They don't expect people to read all of them, and there's a bunch of different tones and genres (fantasy, crime, action, mystical.) I mean sure they're technically all superhero comics, but they're not all 'aw shuck gees whizz.' They appeal to a range of people.

Like I'm watching Constantine, Gotham, Flash and Arrow. Maybe Preacher if it ever gets to the UK. Just because I'm a comic-book fan doesn't mean I'm gonna watch them all. And sure some of them might fail through lack of interest, but that's just how things go.

Well my point was more.. they are giving you options

Not expecting you to watch these all

and actually one of the reasons I've always been against them connecting everything

Like I hate tie-in comics, but sometimes feel like I'm forced to read em to get the full picture, you know?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well my point was more.. they are giving you options

Not expecting you to watch these all

and actually one of the reasons I've always been against them connecting everything

Like I hate tie-in comics, but sometimes feel like I'm forced to read em to get the full picture, you know?

Oh, totally.

There's no power in the 'verse that'll make me buy Future's End Batgirl. And I'm a completist.

that loser on the left with the long hair. i think his name was carlos. he was only in that crossover episode for a couple minutes but i can tell he's gonna be the worst character in flash. kill him.

dat iris. lookin even cuter than felicity. whoah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom